Monday, April 29, 2013

Dream On

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, 
and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."
Psalm 27:14
(KJV)

A few weeks ago, the Lord allowed me to stumble across
a book written by Holley Gerth entitled,
"You're Made For A God-sized Dream"
and I was introduced to Holley's blog.

Being a lifelong dreamer myself, I was inspired...
to pick up a tossed-aside, dusty dream and start dreaming again.

Every Tuesday, Holley graciously allows me, along with other God-sized dreamers,
to link up to her site to discuss and share our blessings,
our dreams, and the way we are walking in Jesus' footsteps
 to make those dreams come true.


It is such an encouragement.
I have "met" some wonderful new friends this way.
It is amazing to know how many of us are out there...
plugging away,
doing our utmost...
taking baby steps...in the direction He is leading.

This week, Holley mentioned how when we encourage others,
we, too are recharged.
She asked us to write a letter to a dreamer in our life 
and share it on our blog.
I started to write to a specific person,
and then I realized....
we are all dreamers...in a sense, aren't we?

Who among us is without a dream?
Who among us doesn't aspire to be more like Jesus...
to reach our full potential for Him...for His sake...for His cause?
Who among us doesn't feel over-indebted to give back,
after all He has so lovingly and unselfishly done for us?


After all, it isn't about us, is it?

As our sweet Zachary reminded me,
we are not the carpenter.
We are not in charge.
We have been redeemed, purchased by God for a very special purpose.
We are but tools...held in the hand of the Master Carpenter.  
He has gifted each of us with individual, unique qualities that fit our God-given dreams, 
and submission to His will is our gift back to Him.
When we relax...and stop squirming in His hand...
and simply lean in to what He wants for us,
we then begin the journey toward the fulfillment of God-sized dreams....
whatever they may be.

So, I write to all of you...to every one reading this.
This is my message...to you....
you are special, my friend.
You are invaluable.
Truly.
I write no words of flattery....only truth...straight from my heart.
God is aware of all you go through...every, single day.
Your labor, your toil, your diversity of hats.
He sees how often you have shelved your dream....
how often it has been moved...
from the front burner to the back.
He has watched each time you have walked away from it,
as matters more pressing than dreams took over...
and overwhelmed your life.

He has taken notice of every moment of disappointment,
every breathed sigh,
every trickling tear....
even the ones you wiped away quickly...
so no one else would see.

God saw.
Nothing escapes His all-seeing eye.


He was moved by your tears.

His compassion overflowed for you.
And just because your dream has not yet come true,
does not mean it is not going to happen.

I want to encourage you to hold fast.
Press on.
Don't let go.
Don't quit.
Keep believing.
God is still God.
He knew the plans He had for you from the moment you were conceived...
in your mother's womb.

He wants to prosper you....and give you hope...and a future.
An expected end....a fruition to your dreams.

Did it ever occur to you that He placed the dream there...in the first place?
Deep inside your heart?
So that you would feel gentle urges...to walk the path He has planned for you?
After He planted the dream, He gave you what it takes...
to make it happen.

His timing is not like ours.
His thoughts are far above the ones we think.
We want to see progress....solid proof...clear evidence...
that something is happening.
God doesn't always choose to reveal what is going on in the shadows of our dreams.
When it seems He is the most still....and silent....
He is often working the hardest.
Sometimes we see it later.
Sometimes He keeps it hidden.
But, He always has our best interests at heart.
He always does what is best.
He knows how much we can handle...and when.
If there is a delay, it is not without reason.
Time spent waiting on God is never wasted time.
We can't always see what He is doing,
but, we can be certain that He is never idle.
Often, He is working on us....fitting us to serve Him better....
making us more capable...
to handle fulfilled dreams.

Be encouraged!
No matter how close you are to giving up,
it is never too late.
Take His hand.
Allow Him to lead.
Surrender your own ideas...to His ideal.
Relax in His everlasting arms.
And dream on, my God-sized dreaming friend....
dream on.


9 comments:

  1. Tears in my eyes and warmth in my heart. Thank you for your sweet letter to fellow God-Sized dreamers! I love your background song...it is my husband's favorite praise song! I wrote my letter to him today. So special. How did you do that? I'm new to blogging, and I would love to add some background music! God has richly blessed you with sweet words of praise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jennifer! I was so blessed by your kind remarks. I sent you an email about the music and how I did it. Thank you SO much for stopping by and leaving such encouragement behind! God bless you in a very special way today! With love and gratitude, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He has watched each time you have walked away from it" repeated in my heart today over and over again. He finds me in worship when I lean into the dreams your letter encourages us in but I perhaps break His heart when I dismiss the call on my life. This is sobering and motivating simultaneously. You write beautifully and I thankful you were the person in front of me at Holley's link up. I am blessed because I read this. Be well, Cheryl...keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nasreen, Your words were such a blessing to me tonight! I am so thankful we were able to connect, as you are a great encouragement to me. Please keep in touch! May God's peace be with you always. Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...you write beautifully and I loved reading while singing, out loud, one of my favorite hymns! Keep dreaming sister GSD!!
    Love,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl,
    So glad you stopped by my blog...you write so beautifully and I enjoyed reading while I sang, out loud, one of my favorite hymns. Keep dreaming sister GSD!!
    Love,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev, I loved your blog. Your encouraging words spoke to me in such a real way yesterday, and one of the verses you used really ministered to me. I am so thankful you stopped by and glad you enjoyed the music. It is one of my favorites, also, and Fernando Ortega's version is so beautiful. So worship-inspiring! Thank you for your kind comments. May God bless you in a special way dear GSD sister!!! Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful and powerful words of encouragement...thank you for these! (And thanks for stopping by my blog, too!) Blessings as you keep dreaming, sweet sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel, Thank you so much for stopping by and for your encouraging words! I so enjoyed your blog yesterday. May God bless you and make every dream He has for you come true, my dear God-sized dreaming sister! Love and blessings to you,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete