Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year, & Welcome 2014!!

"I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever:
nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it:
and God doeth it, that men should fear before him."
Ecclesiastes 3:14
(KJV)


I face the new year with joy in my heart...
and pneumonia in my lungs!  :)
Thanking God for the healing I know He will bring in His Own time.
I don't know much, but one thing I have learned and of which I am persuaded,
God is a faithful God.
He never changes.
He never lies.
And He never fails.
Praise His name!

I had grand ideas of writing an elaborate New Year's post,
but I find myself just plain too weak to do it.
However, I didn't want the special day to go by without remembering you...
the faithful who so kindly drop by to read these messages from my heart.  :~)

Many thoughts are simmering...God is talking to me often,
as I sit in my recliner and rest.
He is so real.
So close at hand.
So precious to my soul.

The one thought I want to leave with you today,
on this first day of 2014...this fresh, brand-new year...
this clean slate....this moment to pause and start anew....
is this.....
we are here.
We have arrived.
God has spared time...and each of our lives....to ring in another year.
How gracious and merciful of our great Heavenly Father!

We are now responsible...
for how we will live it....
each and every day we are given.

Will we repeat mistakes of the past?
Will we make different and better choices?
Will we make a positive difference in the world around us?
If God allows us to see the end of 2014,
what will we see in retrospect?
Will we feel regret or satisfaction...
for how we handled each day of this precious gift called life?

Right now, we are in the blissful spot of preventing regret in 2014.

Finding it so difficult to breathe, of late,
has taught me, once again, just how precious the gifts 
of breath and life really are.
How quickly they can be snuffed out!
How fragile their thread!
No wonder Solomon wrote so much about it in the 12th chapter of Ecclesiastes.
Ever taken the time to study that chapter?
If not, I highly recommend it.
I suppose we all need a reminder now and then of just how invaluable life is.
We should never take it....not one breath of it....for granted.
Ever.

I am thankful...so deeply thankful...for each time I can breathe in...and back out...
especially, without rattling and wheezing.
You just don't think of things like that when life is at its best.
Breathing.
It is so natural.
And easy...for most of us....most of the time.

It is when we realize how easily something can be lost,
that we truly ponder its worth....
even something as commonplace....as a breath.

None of us know what the future holds.
But, we all know Who holds the future in His capable hands.

The world around us is like shifting sand.
Evil is rampant.
Times are dark....if we take our eyes off the Light.
Things can change....in the literal blink of an eye.
Nothing in this world can really be counted on as completely certain.

Let us not be discouraged.
Let us walk forward, placing our hands, our lives, our all....
into His, so scarred by nails.
Let us remember that the God we serve is the only One Who holds all control...
no matter who thinks they are supreme and sovereign in this world.
Thankfully, He reserves that right...and the total reign of power....all to Himself.
Let us stand firm in our resolve to live to please Him, regardless if we please others....
for truly that is all that will matter at the end of the day.
Let us determine to remain Biblically-correct, whether that turns out to be politically-correct or not.
Let us keep a made-up mind to stand up for Jesus, not counting personal cost...
after all, He stood up for us and proved His devotion with His very life.
Let us not allow our focus to become fixed on this temporary, earthly home,
but keep a perpetual gaze on the ultimate goal of all of our aspirations...
our Heavenly, eternal home Jesus is now preparing....just for us.

All of this is temporary...fleeting...ever-changing.
Too much focus on it will deter us from pursuing what is not fleeting.

There is much work to do...while here...while keeping in mind that we will not be here forever.
Families to love on and nurture,
children to teach,
prayers to pray,
songs to sing,
souls to win,
hungry to feed,
thirsty to quench,
naked to clothe,
lonely to comfort,
sick to visit,
stands to take.
God needs us here, or He would have already called us home.
We pass through this world only once.
Let us get it right, doing all we can for the One Who is counting on us the most.


Let us take courage.
Don't ever give up.
Don't ever give in.
Let us cast aside all worry and fears over our future here in this temporary home.
Let us keep our eyes on the prize at the end of this journey.
Let us put past mistakes, heartaches, and failures behind us...right there at the spot they happened,
and let us press on, my friend.
Keep walking.
One step at a time.
Holding steady..to every God-given conviction in our hearts,
staying strong, keeping our eyes on Jesus....
ever cherishing each other and the precious gift of every day we are blessed to live.
Let us be kinder to one another, show more love, and let go of hate, ill will, and old grudges.
And most of all,
"...let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings..."
Hebrews 10:22
(NIV)

Happy New Year to All!!

12 comments:

  1. First of all, I want to greet you Happy new year.
    Second, I pray that God will continue to heal you and that you will again breath normally.
    Your message always reaches to my heart and encourage me to continue my daily walk in God's presence and soaked in the beauty of God's holiness.
    I can feel the pureness of your soul and God words flowing from your heart. Your sharing is not just a theory, but life lived with God. God bless you more:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Joy! You will never know what your kind, sweet words meant to me today! Thank you so much for the New Year's Greetings! Happy, healthy, peaceful, blessed New Year to you and your family, too! Thank you SO much for your prayers for healing. I am holding to God's unchanging hand and believing Him for renewed and restored health. I am so very, very thankful and blessed that you find encouragement here and the inspiration to draw closer to God. That is the goal and desire of my heart, and to know that you are finding that makes everything so worthwhile. You are a precious blessing and God-send to me. May He richly and abundantly return the blessings back to you, my dear friend. Love to you this happy New Year's Day!

      Delete
  2. The warm fireplaceJanuary 1, 2014 at 3:54 PM

    Sending you my prayers for healing, and a wish for a very Happy New Year. Thank you for your wonderful words that inspire, a blessing for us that read your posts.
    God bless sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers and your encouragement! You are a blessing to me! May the dear Lord bless you with a wonderful, blessed New Year! Love, Cheryl

      Delete
  3. Hi Cheryl,
    It's always so good to meet another sister in Christ! Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year! May God's healing power be upon you, Cheryl. Thank you for your visit and sweet comments! XO
    Your newest follower,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you SO very much for stopping by and for becoming a follower! I am so blessed to have you here. I LOVE your blog. It is just beautiful. I so appreciate you leaving encouragement behind and thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my healing. God bless you and keep you through the new year! Love to you, Cheryl

      Delete
  4. Cheryl, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm so sorry for your pneumonia. I have had pneumonia and bronchitis many times, and it is not fun. You have a beautiful blog and I hope to visit again in the near future!
    All my best to you for a speedy recovery,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by here today! It is so nice to "meet" you! Yes, please do come again...you are always welcome here! Thank you for your kind regards. Happy New Year to you! Cheryl

      Delete
  5. Hi Cheryl,
    I'm so happy you stopped by today. It's always lovely to meet another Christian sister. I enjoyed your post so much. How encouraging! I haven't had pneumonia since I was a teenager but I've had pleuresy many times. I also have asthma which I never got until about fifteen years ago. So, I know how much taking a breath means. Praying the Great Physician touches your body and brings you a quick healing. The Lord bless you. I'm your newest follower.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SUCH a blessing to get your sweet, caring comments today! The Lord knew I needed your words! I know God is able to do all things, and I am believing in His great power to heal. It means so much to know you and others are praying. That is such a dear comfort to me at this time! I know you understand since you have walked in my shoes. I am so thrilled that you are following my blog, and I so look forward to spending more time reading and enjoying yours. SO very thankful for God allowing us to meet. Yes, you are so right, it is always so lovely to meet another Christian sister! God is so faithful to bring those into our lives who we need the most. :) I trust you have a wonderfully blessed 2014!! Love, Cheryl

      Delete
  6. Hi Cheryl,
    I am very pleased to meet you. Your blog is so inspirational! I do hope that you feel better soon. I have not had pneumonia but recently had surgery so I do understand how tired you must be. Thank you so much for your visit and I wish you a wonderful 2014.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karen! Thank you so much for stopping by....I SO enjoy looking at your blog. It is just beautiful. I do hope you will stop back here often...it was so nice to meet you and receive your kind words and wishes. May God bless with a wonderful year ahead, also. Looking forward to re-visiting your site soon. Love, Cheryl

      Delete