Sunday, April 20, 2014

God's Not Dead!

"And the angel answered and said unto the women,
 Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
He is not here: for He is risen, as He said.
Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
And go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead;
and, behold, He goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see Him:
 lo, I have told you."
Matthew 28:5-7
(KJV)


Living proof!
Our Savior, once beaten and tortured to death,
is no longer dead!
The angel said, "Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
It was empty!
All that remained were the grave-clothes!
He was not in them...He was not there.
Hallelujah!
What a price He paid, but after He paid it all, Jesus lives!
Forevermore.


GOD'S.  NOT.  DEAD!!!!

Do we really believe it?
Is there a doubt in our skeptical minds?

How I praise Him for not only dying for me, but for conquering that same death!
I believe...with every fiber of my being.
Do you know the main reason I believe God's not dead?
Because He is living on the inside...of me!
His presence is the most real thing in my life.


The same, precious Lamb who willingly was led to the slaughter on that horrible Friday,
walked out of that borrowed sepulcher as a Lion on Sunday morning!
The Lion of Judah!

"Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep!
See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, 
the Root of David, has triumphed."
Revelation 5:5
(NIV)

He is the ultimate Victor!


It may have looked like He lost on "Good Friday",


but He proved every skeptic wrong on Easter Sunday!

Praise our living, resurrected Lord forevermore!
Because the tomb was empty, you...and I...have hope.
Not just a glimmer of hope, but abundant hope.
High hope!


I saw this gate on a fence while traveling away from our dear friend, Priscilla's house.
I just had to stop and take a picture!

Our hope is HIGH because Jesus conquered!!

One of my favorite songs is "I Ought To Love My Savior", written by Daniel S. Warner in 1883.

I wanted to share the words with you here...

"I ought to love my Savior,
He loved me long ago;
Looked on my soul with favor,
When deep in guilt and woe.
And though my sin had grieved Him,
His Father's law had crossed,
Love drew Him down from Heaven,
To seek and save the lost.

I ought to love my Savior,
He bore my sin and shame;
From glory to the manger,
On wings of love He came.
He trod this earth in sorrow,
Endured the pains of Hell,
That I should not be banished,
But in His glory dwell.

I ought to love my Savior,
Upon the cross He died;
Behold the world's Creator,
"My God, my God," He cried.
Oh, listen to those accents,
Of love divine, so free;
'Tis finished!" - my salvation;
Thine shall the glory be.

I ought to love my Savior,
He pardoned all my sin;
Then sanctified my nature,
And keeps me pure within.
He fills me with His glory,
And bears my soul above;
This world, oh, wondrous story,
'Tis love, redeeming love.

The last verse is my favorite...

O, Christ, I can but love Thee,
What heart could e'er withhold;
A love that cost so dearly,
The off'ring of Thy soul?
O King of love immortal,
Reign in my heart alone;
And flood this earthen temple,
With glory from Thy throne."

This song blesses my soul every time I sing it or hear it.
Something rises from deep within...overwhelmingly...when I think of Jesus
and all He has done for me.
How can we keep from loving our Savior...and worshiping...and giving Him praise...
every moment of our lives?

Photo by Angela Gellenbeck
Aren't you glad He didn't stay in that tomb?
Praise God!
He arose!
He will never die again.
He conquered death.
Defeated it.
And He has the keys to prove it!
Now, we can have everlasting life!

The Lord and God we serve with all our hearts is real, and He is alive!
Our God's not dead...He's surely alive!
Worship Him...from the heart....not only today on Easter,
but on every day, your lifetime through.


2 comments:

  1. Hello, Cheryl,
    I thought about you yesterday. I am hoping you all had a restful and restorative Resurrection Day worship and fellowship together. We went to see God's Not Dead, the movie, Thursday and enjoyed it immensely.
    Asking God to bless you all with His wonderful peace, mercy, and grace this week. Praying for you often, sweet friend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jacqueline! So happy you stopped by today. So thankful for you! Yes, we had a wonderful day yesterday, and I trust you did, too. What glory to worship our dear, wonderful,risen Lord and Savior!!! Not only on Resurrection Day, but every day of the year. How grateful I am that God is not dead!!! Praise His name! Thank you for your faithful prayers for us. We need them and appreciate them so much. You are such a dear blessing to me. Love you, dear friend.

      Delete