Friday, May 23, 2014

Eleven Reasons I Am A Stay-At-Home-Homeschool-Mom

"And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, 
and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, 
and when thou walkest by the way, 
and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."
Deuteronomy 6:6-7
(KJV)

Before I say a word on this subject, I want to make one thing clear.:)
I mean no judgment, criticism, condemnation, or lack of understanding towards any woman
who makes a different or even opposing decision to any life choice I personally make.
Every one of our lives are different.
The choices I make may be worlds apart from the ones you make.
That doesn't mean my choices are better or wiser or more lofty than yours, by any stretch,
nor does it mean that mine are right and yours are wrong
or that my choices would even fit into the mold of your individual, unique life.
We all have reasons for doing what we do,
 and, also, many times, circumstances compel us to take certain paths...
sometimes paths that we would not necessarily choose...if given the choice.

So, with all of that being said, I just wanted to share with you my list of eleven reasons
for why I choose to be and love being a stay-at-home-mom.


#1.  Children grow up way too fast.
I only get a few, short years to get this right.
 There will be only a certain amount of time in which to build a strong foundation.
Childhood and youth pass like a blur.
Zachary is the most precious gift Kevin and I have ever been entrusted with, next to our salvation.
We want to do everything within our power to guard, shelter, direct, protect, and shield this child.
 To give him the proper foundation for life requires diligence, perseverance,
self-sacrifice, time, and selfless energy, and it is worth every drop of whatever it takes to make this happen. 
No sacrifice is too great.
No effort required is more than we are willing to give.
We want to be the two people who influence him most,
who shape and mold his worldview,
who are there for him and who filter the things he sees, hears, and is exposed to...
at least, as much as lies within our power.
He is just too dear and precious to us to hand that power over to someone else
or to leave it to chance.
I pray every day that God will allow both of us to live and have health to fully raise him.
It is the constant cry of my heart...
and I believe the answer to that constant cry is more than likely the reason
God gave me the choice of whether to live or die this winter.
I chose life...for his sake and Kevin's.


#2.  This is my mission field.
When I was little, I had the sweetest teacher in the world.
Her name was Sis. Rose.
You can read about her and what she has meant to me here.
Sis. Rose had enjoyed grand adventures as a missionary on foreign fields.
She was, when I met her, home on furlough.
But, you could sense in her a longing to be back out there...seeking to save the lost.
How grateful I am that God brought her home during that turbulent season of my life!  
Otherwise, I would never have known her or benefited from her comfort and understanding.
I looked up to her...she was one of my most respected role models.
So, for a period of time, I took a fancy to the thought of growing up 
to be just like her....living single and unattached,
and taking some grand, faraway, missional adventures of my own.
I also longed to be a teacher....like Sis. Rose.
It sounded good, but in the back of my mind, I dreamed of another mission field...
though I didn't consider it as being such at the time.
Being a completely hopeless romantic, I longed to meet the man of my dreams,
marry him, settle into making a life with him, become a mother,
and stay at home full-time.
Homeschooling wasn't even on the radar screen,
so I never dreamed I would one day get to fulfill my teaching dream, too...right in the comforts of home.
My longing to be a wife and mother overpowered every other dream of my young life.
Time went by, I changed schools and lost touch with Sis. Rose,
we moved many more times, and ended up several hundreds of miles away from where I grew up.
God's providential care eventually led me to that precious man of my dreams,
we did settle down and marry, and after a long period of infertility struggles,
(you can read our infertility testimony here),
God sent us one, sweet boy, and He called me to homeschool him from day one.
This...right here....where I do what I do every day of my life....is my mission field.
I minister here....with all of the passion and zeal in my heart and soul...through every duty I perform,
however mundane, insignificant, unimportant-in-the-eyes-of-the world....and small it may be.
When I teach Zachary, I pour my heart and soul into every, single lesson and project.
When I clean toilets, I scrub with all my might.
When I put in a load of clothes, hang them on the line, put them away,
cook a meal, assist Kevin and Zachary, or mop the floor,
I serve God, my Maker, the wonderful One Who makes this girlhood, lifelong dream of mine, 
a treasure-more-precious-than-gold reality.


#3.  My husband prefers this path.
I respect Kevin more than any human being I know.
I have learned to rely upon his wisdom and instincts.
He is a man who is determined to follow Biblical principles in our home.
Can I tell you how much that means to me,
how much I appreciate his integrity,
and how grateful to God I am for him and his Godly leadership?
A place for everyone, and everyone in their place...
a great philosophy and one my husband supports.


#4.  I don't want to miss a thing.
From day one, it's been this way with me.
I haven't wanted to miss one diaper change, one nose wipe, one feeding time, one rocking chair moment, one spit-up, one teething cry, one colicky whimper, one first word, one accomplishment, one school lesson,
one spiritual awakening, one reached goal, one "thank you, Mama", one chance to...
wipe a tear, read a story, hear him read, see him grow and develop and mature...
all of it.
Every part of this wonderful journey called motherhood.
I remember when I walked into my very career-driven boss's office 
the day Kevin and I made the decision to make our pregnancy known.
She was, without a doubt, one of the most corporate-devoted, 
perfection-demanding career women I have ever known.
We had a very good, mutually-respectful relationship,
even though we didn't see eye to eye on every issue.
She, herself, had struggled with infertility, and after 8 years had been blessed with a son of her own,
opting to come back to work a few weeks after his birth.
I was as nervous as I could be that day...ready for the "don't let this interfere with your career" speech.
What I was met with surprised me.
I'll never forget her very wise, albeit unexpected, response when I told her I was expecting.
"Cheryl, if there is any way at all you can stay home with this baby, do it.
You never get those first five years back!
There was deep regret in her eyes.
Her own son was then 8 years old.
After waiting as long as we did for a baby of our own,
we would never have considered any other option than for me to stay home full-time,
no matter how much sacrifice was involved or who did or did not approve of our decision.
It has always been just that important to me...and thankfully, to my wise, understanding husband.


#5.  I am only one person.
I can only do so much.
If I spread myself too thin, something...more importantly someone....will suffer.
With everything that lies within me, I am unwilling to let that something be our home,
and, more importantly, that someone...be my husband and/or child.
We may not be the wealthiest family in the world,
we may not wear new clothes and shoes, dine often in gourmet restaurants,
 or own the latest, greatest gadgets & must-haves,
but, thankfully, our house is clean, our meals are home-cooked,
and our hearts are full of peace.


#6.  It saves money.
When I had a career outside the home,
 there were many expenses that we no longer have since I stay home full-time.
Much of my career attire had to be dry-cleaned, which is not cheap.
Being home full-time, I seldom have to buy clothes at all.
When I do have to buy something, I don't feel the pressure to be as particular.
(Not saying we should ever slouch, be sloppy, or not present our best to our husband.
That is important, for he deserves our best far more than any stranger ever will.)
Even though I had the best of intentions to eat the lunch I only occasionally brought from home,
there was always someone offering a lunch date, it seemed,
and my love for friends and socializing, and the difficulty I had in telling them no,
usually caused my well-meaning intentions to fall by the wayside.
We had to have two vehicles, since we usually worked in locations that were far apart.
Having the second car doubled gas, car payments, tags, maintenance, and insurance expenses.
We ate out more at night, because by the time we both got home, we were exhausted,
and it was just easier to run out and grab something.
I never seemed to be able to find time or energy to hang clothes on the line.
It was just so much easier to throw them in the dryer instead.
I could go on and on....you get the picture.


#7.  I stay more in touch with God.
With all due respect, and no negative reflection intended to anyone I worked with,
there are a lot of influences out there that are not the most conducive to holy living.
From the frequently-flowing profanity and not-so-nice jokes,
to the back-stabbing and schemes of those intent on clawing their way up the corporate ladder,
to the all-too-vivid and explicit accounts and recollections of last-night adventures and rendezvous,
to the sometimes....often....ungodly music pumped into the airwaves through Muzak,
let's just say, I seemed to have a much more difficult time staying on the mountaintop, spiritually-speaking.
Honestly.
Have you ever sat and listened to the lyrics being piped into banks and other professional settings?
I'll never forget the day a well-to-do, distinguished, male customer sat at my desk transacting business
as The Rolling Stones' "Beast of Burden" blared loudly through the speakers directly above our heads.
Can I just tell you how awkward and embarrassing that was?
I know I am often perceived as way too old-fashioned,
but things like this just bother me.
Perhaps those who are stronger than me find things of this world far less troubling,
can ward them off much more easily,
and are not so deeply affected or influenced.
I will never be able to praise God enough for the amazing privilege of staying home
and being in control of what enters and infiltrates the surroundings within our walls.


#8.  I am available to those who matter most.
When Dad first began having serious health issues, God made it possible for me to go part-time at work.
Even though I was still expected to perform at full throttle and keep up with my full-time workload,
the bank permitted me to do it in three days a week, instead of five.
What a dear and invaluable blessing!
There are things that are more important than money.
Those extra two days off every week afforded me the precious time I needed
to spend with Mom and Dad during Dad's final season of life.
Doctor appointments, business transactions, and time to visit and talk filled up a big part of those days.
I was expecting Zachary when Dad died, and I later stopped working during my 7th month of pregnancy.
After that, I was able to spend a lot of time with Mom in her loneliness and despair.
I'll admit, there have been moments when a job would have served as a welcome reprieve
and a haven from having to deal with some of the weightier, more unpleasant parts,
but, looking back now, I see those unencumbered-by-a-job years as
one of the most precious gifts God could have bestowed.
I can't believe both Mom and Dad are now gone and no longer a part of my daily life,
and they will never need me again.
This is a new season, and it is so valuable to me now to be unreservedly available
to Kevin, Zachary, Kevin's failing parents, and others who need me.


#9.  Freedom to do God's work.
It is such a blessing to be able to go when I am needed and called upon....
for prayer, visitation, reaching out, or whatever God orchestrates,
without having to clear a work schedule for time off.
Homeschooling is wonderfully flexible, which frees Zachary to accompany Kevin and me on
outreach and ministerial endeavors.
He is learning, firsthand, the many facets of what it means to serve the Lord and others.
I can't think of anything the three of us would rather do than to work for Jesus...together as a family.


#10.  Peace of mind.
Do you know that nagging feeling you get when you know deep inside that you are outside your element?
It is like a cloud that overshadows you everywhere you go.
On the flip side, do you know how restful your spirit is when you are 100% certain
 you are smack dab in the center of God's perfect will for your life?
It is a peace that passes all understanding.
Regardless who does or does not approve,
what others say,
and/or who is making the same life choice...
you know in your heart of hearts that this is what you should be doing.
That's what it is like for me to stay home.
There have been times, since I became a mother,
that, in spite of my efforts to scrimp and save and be frugal,
money was so tight it was scary,
and I have been tempted to pick up my work skills and seek a job outside the home.
Each and every time I even considered it, I felt convicted,
 my peace was destroyed and brought to utter ruin,
and I quickly made the choice to scrap the idea.
This is where I am supposed to be.
This brings me peace.


#11.  The rewards far outweigh the labor.
I never cease to be amused when I hear people make remarks like, 
"Oh, so you are just a stay at home mom?" or
"Oh, so you are just a housewife?" or
"Oh, since you stay home all day and don't work.....".
Tell me, from whence came the pre-conceived notion that those who stay at home do not work?
Where did it originate?
Why do the modern, liberal minded seem to view this noblest of all callings
with such under-appreciation and even disdain?
Honestly, is there anyone anywhere who works harder than a stay-at-home Mom?
Throw in homeschooling between "stay-at-home" and "Mom", 
and you will describe one hard-working gal who seldom stops.
This keeper-at-home, guide-of-the-house, all while teaching-them-diligently lifetime career
is not for the faint of heart, weak of stomach, or lacking of courage.
But, it, by far, hands-down, no contest offers the dearest, most precious rewards
of any "job" or "career" in this world.
Sweet, butterfly kisses,
genuine, sincere hugs,
broad smiles and lit-up eyes upon walking into the room,
the times when only I am enough and no one else will do.
Oh, the list is endless!
I wouldn't trade this for anything the world out there has to offer.
For truly, this is where I am meant to be.

(To read #1 in this series, entitled "Eleven Ways To Bless Your Husband", click here.
To read #2 in this series, entitled, "Eleven De-Cluttering & Organizing Tips", click here.
To read #3 in this series, entitled "Eleven Steps To A Stronger, Happier Marriage", click here.
To read #4 in this series, entitled, "Eleven Things To Remember During Infertility", click here.
To read #5 in this series, entitled, "Eleven Ways To Make Your Home More Peaceful", click here.
To read #6 in this series, entitled, "Eleven Ways To Be More Frugal, click here.
To read #7 in this series, entitled, "Eleven Steps To Inner Peace", click here.
To read #8 in this series, entitled, "Eleven Times To Be Quiet", click here.) 
  







41 comments:

  1. This post was exactly what I needed to read today, Cheryl.
    My husband and I have also struggled with infertility. We are incredibly blessed to finally be expecting our first child (due in October). We discussed child rearing long before we got married and we both agreed that we preferred that mom stay home and raise the kids.
    Now that we have a child on the way, we are reworking our budget and preparing for me to quit my part-time job. It's a little scary! A little less than two years ago we moved (for my husband's job) to an area that has a very high cost of living. Living on his income alone is going to be a challenge. However, we believe this is what is best for us and what God has for us. Your post has been very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Shannon! I SO needed YOUR words of encouragement. :) Iron sharpens iron...it is so precious how God does that with His children. CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! I trust God will allow ALL to go well, that He will protect you and this precious little one, and that He will bless you and your husband with a healthy baby! May He allow you both to live and raise this child in His ways and keep the three of you together and happy in Him. I am so grateful that you are making the decision to stay home....you will NEVER regret this. No matter what, you will be thankful you made this choice. I know it is scary...I've been there, but God will absolutely provide for your every need. I have been amazed through the years to watch the creative ways He has worked to meet our needs and keep us afloat. Every sacrifice you make to live off of just one income will be rewarded by God's provision, for I believe with all my heart that you are walking in His perfect will! Please keep in touch with me and let me know how you are doing. I am SO excited for you!!! So happy you stopped by here and left sweet encouragement behind. My love to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I agree 100% with your points. When people talk about how quickly their children grew up and say, "Where did the time go?" I can say, "I know where ours went. I was right there with them." How better to teach our children to serve God, than for them to go every where with us and see us serving and be part of it. I have never regretted all the sacrifices we made for me to stay at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God, Sandra! It is so encouraging to hear from someone who has walked this path before me, who has made the same choices I am making, and who has never had a regret. YES! I love being able to tell others that, too...you and I know, because we are making it our business to BE there for our children and be a part of their lives. How blessed we are indeed to have been entrusted with the gift of a child. I am SO thankful God connected us...you are a consistent blessing to me. :)

      Delete
  3. This post expresses exactly how I feel, Cheryl. Tears were flowing by the time I finished reading it. I appreciate your devotions so much. I am home each day with my six children, and although the demands are very great, I know in my heart that this is exactly where God has me. Like you said, it brings peace. Inner peace even in the midst of the busy household! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless your dear heart, Jennifer! And your comments made ME cry! I SO appreciate all you said and your sweet encouragement. Yes, what a blessing that God has placed you right where you are with those precious little ones. One day, they will rise up and call you blessed. They will never forget the sacrifices you have made for them, and they are very blessed to have a mama like you. God bless you, dear one, and may He bless your family, too. Thank you so much for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. For the most part I was a stay at home mom, only a few times when necessity called for it did I work. Then I worked at home for my husband's business. In those days we knew nothing about home schooling, and our public schools then were good, but I am happy you can home school and be with your precious children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Hazel! What a blessing. :) Thanks so much for stopping by today.

      Delete
  5. I could have written this list :) Thanks for linking up with the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to know you, JES. Such a blessing to walk this path with those of a kindred spirit and a like mind. :) Many blessings to you!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your words of encouragement! I always say that being a stay at home mom is one of the toughest jobs I have ever had but it IS worth it! We are entrusted with these little gifts from heaven, to love them and show them the way. It is a good thing to encourage on another on this shared path. found at the moms the word linky. Hope you have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you stopped by today, Rachel! You are so right...it is SO worth whatever we have to go through to be able to enjoy this priceless gift of staying home with our dear children. I am so glad to have met you today...yes, it is so good to meet those of like mind and kindred spirit on this journey. :) Much love to you and many blessings!

      Delete
  7. Hi! I happened upon your blog today. I don't think it was an accident that out of all the blogs listed on a "link up" from another blog, that I clicked on yours. I've been a SAHM since my kids were born and just last year I felt called to begin homeschooling. This list is wonderful and I feel that it speaks to exactly what I feel and how I try to convey to those that don't understand. This includes your disclaimer at the beginning.

    As I read your post, I was pulled to read your account of whether you would choose life or death this past winter. It absolutely gave me chills. I had a dream once, recently, about Jesus and Him coming back to this Earth. It was so strange and I find it difficult to explain to anyone.

    Anyway, I just felt I wanted to comment on this. I have been struggling with trying to handle all I need to do at home. I know that Jesus didn't give me this life to struggle and doubt myself. Your post is an encouragement to me and I will look forward to reading some of your other posts.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mandy! Your dear, sweet words brought tears to my eyes! I needed this encouragement so much today. God's hand surely was in you clicking on my blog...for my benefit, too. :) God is SO faithful to send us who and what we need when we need them most. Your dream sounds like it was wonderful. I love hearing about things like that...it is SO neat when God chooses to make Himself personally known to us like that. I am so happy you felt His presence in your dream, and how sweet to know that one day, He will come back for us. What a day that will be! I know you do a great job with your home and all of the demands of motherhood. I can just discern that you have a servant's heart, and I know God will give you the strength and grace to see this through to its fruition. One day, your sweet children will rise up and call you blessed. You will NEVER regret the sacrifices you are making in order to be home with them and raise them in the fear of the Lord. I am so happy to have met you today. I look forward to many future visits. Much love and many blessings to you. :)

      Delete
  8. Being a stay at home mom can also mean cooking a nice dinner for husband/dad when he arrives home from work. I enjoyed your list of reasons to be a Stay at Home Mom and when possible, every mother should take every one to heart.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hazel! YES, I love being able to cook for my family, too, and I could not do it nearly as much if I weren't home full time. Have a blessed day, and thank you for stopping by!! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, you are so right! I love being able to cook for my dear husband and son, and I would not be able to do nearly as much of it if I weren't home full-time. God is SO good to give us the desires of our hearts. I love Him with all my heart and praise Him! Thank you for stopping by, Hazel. :)

      Delete
  9. What a great post! You were able to list, in a kind and uncondeming way to mothers who work outside the home, all of the reasons it is so great to be a stay-at-home mom. Thank you for coming up with this list. I agree with you 100% on all points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you SO much! I am so grateful it came across the way I meant it to. I am so grateful for your visit and comments today. God bless you!! :)

      Delete
  10. Cheryl, I'm not a mom, but I appreciated hearing your passionate heart articulate so clearly and graciously, essentially, why you feel so much peace and contentment being who you are. Doing what you do. I'm happy for you, that you have been able to pursue what is most important to you in this very intentional way, for I can see how precious a gift this is to you and your family. It's good to 'see' you again here with Unforced Rhythms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amber! It was so nice to see that you stopped by here today! Your words were so precious to me. May God bless you in a special way. :) Lots of love to you.

      Delete
  11. This post was a post made just for me today! I just gave my notice at work that I will be leaving a full time job to come home to take care of my family. It has come to a point where my family needs me more than the job needs me and even though it was a hard choice to make giving up the security of a second income I know it is where God is calling me to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Tracy! Bless your dear heart! This is one decision you will NEVER regret. God will supply all of your needs, and He will make a way. He always takes care of His Own, and walking by faith, in the center of His perfect will gives Him the opportunity to bless us in creative ways we have never even thought of! I think the more we lean upon Him and depend upon Him, the more pleased He is. Just as we love to do kind things for our children, so our Father loves to bless us. You will be amazed at how He does this, as you take this incredible leap of faith. SO thankful you stopped by and shared your sweet comments today. I will be praying for you. :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you Cheryl for your sweet words. I am at #5 right now. And I am in the process of letting things go that need to go. Even one of the children's ministry at my church, makes me sad, but I need peace and my family and home need me more right now. At this season in our life my husband needs me to help with income. So I am working part time and starting a new home business that I am asking the Lord to bless (as I truly believe this new business was a vision from Him). Praying to be at home much more soon. I too have my one miracle baby- girl. I don't want to miss anything in this my one chance at being a mommy. Your words encouraged me so! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you, Melissa!! Sometimes we need to let even the "good" things go for the sake of a greater good. If God spares time and our lives, there will always be a future time that we can pick up those same ministries or other ones, but at this season, being with our dear children is paramount. So thankful you made this decision, and I trust God will richly and abundantly BLESS your home business. I loved what you said about not wanting to miss anything in this your one chance at being a mommy. I feel the same, exact way!! So grateful you stopped by...you blessed me so much today. Many blessings and much love to you. :)

      Delete
  13. Cheryl...what a fabulous post! I have never turned back after taking the leap to be a stay at home mom. My husband and I were on (and still are) on the same page in that decision. It doesn't mean we didn't have rough patches, we did. However when you're in obedience to your calling, God blesses! I loved #2, #8, and #11 and have seen those reasons to be some of the best reasons to be a keeper of the home. Thank you for sharing at Monday's Musings. I am always blessed. Pinning and tweeting. God bless friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so wonderful, Naomi! I know we will never, EVER regret our decision to put God first and family second. And, I am always blessed by YOU, both here when you stop by and leave sweet encouragement behind and at your place when I visit. How blessed we are to walk this path in unity! God bless you, sweet friend...thank you for the tweets and pins...they mean so much!

      Delete
  14. Your words always find a place to resonate in my heart. I appreciated all your reasons, and can identify with most, but one made me smile. " This is your mission field." I always tell people," My children are my mission field and I take that seriously." I pray that I am sowing seeds of faith!

    Blessings!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you SO much, Dawn! So thankful for your sweet comments. YES, I know what you mean...serving our husband and children in our homes is the most important mission field there could ever be...and the noblest calling of all! I feel sure you are doing a great job, and one day, your sweet children will rise up and call you blessed. :)

      Delete
  15. After three years homeschooling my children, at least two of them are headed back into the classroom this year, to a school setting that we love. And even though we love it, I am struggling with the decision. I just wanted to cheer you on. Before I was at home in the throes of educating my children, I didn't have a proper appreciation for homeschooling moms. You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your dear heart! You know better than anyone what is best for your children. I trust they make a smooth transition back into a regular schooling environment, and may God bless you to feel NO GUILT and a sense of peace about your decision. Thank you for your kind comments. :)

      Delete
  16. Amen! Those are my reasons as well. With kids from 27 to 4 I know how precious these years are - and that they fly by far too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, they do fly by...I don't know how time goes by so fast. I miss Zach's baby days SO much! Wish we could slow down time and be able to cherish it longer...we just have to make the most of the moments we are given, for truly they don't come back once they're gone. May God bless you and your family. SO happy you stopped by today!

      Delete
  17. Cheryl, I am so glad that you know you are where God wants you to be. It's amazing how God writes our stories for us. I'd love to be a stay at home mom, but it was not part of His plan for me. I've learned to embrace the calling He's given me as a working wife and am thankful for the opportunity to serve Him in that way.

    So glad you linked up at Thought-Provoking Thursday! I always love visiting your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Lyli. My heart goes out to you so much. It is so hard to understand when God's plans are different than our dreams. I know you are a shining light to all who have the privilege of being a part of your life, and your sweet spirit shines through regardless. You are always such a dear blessing to me, I so enjoy your visits, and I can't thank you enough for stopping by. :) Much love to you.

      Delete
  18. Beautiful heartfelt post. I could have written this post waaaaay back in the day. You put into words for me how I felt about being a stay at home mom. I wish I had known you then you inspire. But back then you the little one! LOL. I love how God uses all of us to share his love! You younger sweetheart made me remember why I am who I am. Thank you for the reminder to this old mature (well older) woman! I've loved visiting from Jes's linky. I am following you now!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...you are so sweet! I so appreciate your kind remarks. So thankful you were able to stay home and raise your child(ren). I am so thankful to have you on board as a follower and look forward to many future visits!! Much love and many blessings to you!

      Delete
  19. I believe these same reasons for myself. I love being home!
    Thanks for sharing on the linkup.
    God bless,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Chris! God bless you, too!! :)

      Delete
  20. Cheryl, this is a beautiful post (as always) I love all your reasons. Isn't it a miracle when you wait for a child and God gives you that special blessing in his perfect timing?! You are so dedicated. I love your pictures and home. It makes me feel like I am there chatting with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Judith. I am always so blessed by your visits. Much love and many blessings to you!!

      Delete