Friday, July 25, 2014

Baby Obed - UPDATE!!

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, 
according to the power that worketh in us..."
Ephesians 3:20
(KJV)


I love this verse.
I love them ALL, but lately, this one has stood out to me with special meaning.
I love when God proves His power and His Word as being true through infallible proofs. 
(Acts 1:3)
I love when He defies our lofty opinions and proves us wrong, 
trumping logic and skepticism and human reasoning in the process.
I love the times we...every last one of us...are forced to stand amazed,
stupefied, jaws dropped wide open...and acknowledge that HE is God.
That He reigns.
That He is sovereign over all...including the wisest, smartest, and best educated.
I love it when He does those things that flabbergast and amaze and drive us to our knees....
not to ask for something...but to thank Him for what He has already done.

It seems I've experienced quite a few of those dumbfounding, undeniably-God moments lately.
Moments when my heart is filled with so much praise, there honestly are no words.
Moments when the only expressions I can seem to manage are unstoppable tears
streaming down up-turned face and hands raised Heavenward.
I am glad He understands the language of tears....
God needs no words to know what we are trying to say.
He listens to and looks upon our hearts.

While ago, I finally had a moment to sit down and check email after a busy morning.
There it was.
On my laptop screen.
Words that caused my jaws to drop completely open,
as I absorbed their meaning.
The sender?
Baby Obed's father, Travis.

Read for yourself...and be prepared to witness another glimpse of GOD.

"A quick update… 

We met with the cardiologist yesterday and received a slightly different diagnosis.  Instead of “Transposition of the Great Vessels”, she now believes he has “Double Outlet Right Ventricle” with VSD (Ventricular Septum Defect) and also thinks the arteries are “Malposed” not “Transposed”. If that’s the case, the surgeon may be able to just patch the VSD and not have to do the arterial switch!  This is great news and we should know more in 2 weeks.

Thank you again for the prayers,

-Travis

I sat here....and I stared.
And I stared some more.
And my jaws dropped open.
And I stared some more.

I went back...and re-read his words.
And the tears started.
I called for Kevin and read the email to him.
He has cried tears of joy with me throughout this miracle.
We praised God together.
Zach came in the room.
I read the words to him.
I watched his reaction....
watched as his jaws, too, dropped open and then listened to his response of,
"What a mighty God we serve!"

All I can say is...AMEN.


In my previous post, I spoke of how this little guy is already prophesying to the nations.
I can't believe I overlooked something of such monumental significance as his middle name.

Are you ready for this?
Baby Obed's middle name is....
JEREMIAH.

Jeremiah.
Matching names with the prophet to whom GOD spoke these words...
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;
and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee,
and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5

Coincidence, that his parents chose this to be a part of little Obed's name?
I don't think so.

Skeptics would say this whole story is chock-full of coincidence.
They would do their utmost to reason the enormity of the miracle away.
Try to call it a pre-birth misdiagnosis.
Chalk it up to poor-quality diagnostic in-utero images.
Classify it as just a misunderstanding.

For what it's worth, here's what I believe.
I believe there was human validation and justification to the hospital's choice
of having four NICU staff members waiting during the delivery "just in case".
I don't believe they would have had them there, had there been no urgent need.
I believe that Baby Obed's vessels were, at one time, transposed.

And I believe GOD heard the prayers of His people who were asking Him
to fix what was wrong and let this baby be born healthy.
I believe God healed little Obed Jeremiah right there in his mother's womb,
so the little fellow wouldn't have to suffer and endure such an invasive trauma,
after he entered this world.
I believe He allowed all of this to happen, so His name would be glorified in and through this....
and so we could still see that He performs unexplainable, inexplicable miracles.

I believe God still answers prayer.
I believe it still pays to believe.
I believe there is still reason to believe.
I believe God is an awesome, all-powerful God, Who can...
"do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think."
(Ephesians 3:20)

I believe it will be amazing to see how many lives this little "prophet" will touch.
He, and God through him, has surely touched mine.

We serve an awesome God Who can do anything.

What do you need, my friend?
Are you suffering?
Afraid?
Lonely?
Depressed?
Addicted?
Sick?
Destitute?
Hopeless?
Dependent?
Confused?
Homesick?
Homeless?
Ex-communicated?
Misunderstood?
Estranged?
Bitter?
Bereaved?
Unemployed?
Hungry?
Infertile?
Abused?
Tormented?
Helpless?
Aimless?
Disillusioned?

Perhaps your situation is different from any I've mentioned here.
God knows.
He sees you...right where you are.
And He loves you...with an undying, unconditional, inexhaustible, unfailing love.
It doesn't matter how you got to where you are right now.
He will meet you.
He will span the distance...on the bridge Jesus built on Calvary
when He hung on an old, rugged cross and died for you.

God still....
alleviates suffering, (Job 36:15)
opens barren wombs, (Psalm 113:9)
expels fear, (2 Timothy 1:7)
sets the solitary in families, (Psalm 68:6)
lifts from despair, (Isaiah 41:13)
breaks chains of addiction, (Isaiah 61:1)
heals the sick, (Exodus 15:26)
supplies needs, (Philippians 4:19)
fills with hope, (Colossians 1:27)
gives necessary grace, (James 4:6)
brings peace to troubled minds, (Isaiah 26:3)
allows u-turns, (Isaiah 55:7)
searches for outcasts, (John 9:35)
understands, (Hebrews 4:15)
comforts those who mourn, (Isaiah 66:13)
soothes the wounded, (Jeremiah 30:17)
enables, (Philippians 4:13)
directs, (Proverbs 3:6)
and restores.  (Joel 2:25)

Jesus' mission to earth is...
to preach good tidings,
to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
to open the prison of those that are bound,
to comfort all who mourn,
to exchange beauty for ashes,
to replace grief with joy,
to cover the spirit of heaviness with garments of praise.
(Isaiah 61:1-3)

He extends this incredible offer to all of us, individually...
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

He still does the impossible.
Little Obed Jeremiah is living proof.

Please continue to keep the little guy in your constant prayers.
I am still believing God for no surgery necessary.
As my sweet online friend, Sharon, from "Sharon Sharing God", said,
(be sure to stop over and visit her blog when you get a chance),
"Let's go for it and pray big!"
Yes, let's do that!!


32 comments:

  1. PTL...this does my heart good

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Michelle!! God bless you, my friend! Hugs back to you. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Cheryl, I do pray the baby will do great and be strong and healthy. We do serve a mighty God. He is in charge. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right...he is in control, and we are trusting Him to do great things for this little guy...praising Him for what He has already done!! Thank you so much for stopping by...so grateful for your visit! :)

      Delete
  3. Cheryl, where the skeptics see coincidence, we get the privilege of seeing the hand of God!! Praise His name for such a wonderful report. More prayers as we stand on tip-toes and peek at God working!

    Obed Jeremiah - I just love that name. My thoughts and prayers with all of you, and mostly with that bundle of joy who is displaying God's mercy and love.

    GOD BLESS!

    (Bless your heart - thank you for the *shout-out*!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, praise God...I love the way you put that..."as we stand on tip-toes and peek at God working". LOVE that! I love the name, too....so precious. You are so welcome for the mention...so thankful for you and your presence here in blogland!

      Delete
  4. Praise Jehovah Rapha, the Lord our Healer! God is amazing. I love how He amazes us. When we have faith to believe in our omnipotent God rather than coincidence, that's when the "JOY" comes! How marvelous it is to have spiritual eyes and see God working. I love hearing and sharing moments like this. Praise God for our valleys because without them the mountain tops wouldn't seem so grand and special. God bless little Obed Jeremiah whose life has already glorified the Lord and blessed others.
    Lots of love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Praise His holy name! I loved what you said about praising Him for our valleys because without them the mountain tops wouldn't seem so grand and special. So very, very true. It is hard to remember that when we are walking through those valleys, but once we reach the top, the trials seems so much smaller from there. Thank you so much for stopping by, Chris! Much love to you! :)

      Delete
  5. Such good news! We have walked a very difficult path with one of our sons... with heart and airway problems... and it can be very up and down... and God works His will and gives strength. What a blessing to have good news. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Joy! I am so sorry you are dealing with this. May the dear Lord bless you and heal your son. He is able to do ALL things! Praise His name. ;) So grateful for your visit today.

      Delete
  6. I just found your post on Strangers & PilgrimsThe Art of Home-Making Mondays. Could you answer a question what does thy rod and thy staff mean? what is the rod? what is the staff? We say the prayer but i don't understand it.
    Thanks
    Rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the delay in answering..somehow, your comment didn't come through, and I just happened to see it tonight. I am no authority on the subject of which you inquired, and I surely don't profess to be. My answer may not align with that of others, but I will share what the Lord has given me on this issue in the past. I believe the rod is for correction, and the staff is for direction. When we err from the path our Shepherd desires us to follow, sometimes it is necessary for Him to use His rod to correct us and get our attention. His staff gently directs us back on course again. Both His rod and His staff are a comfort to us, because we trust in Him to lead us to Heaven....doing what He deems best to guide us there. They comfort us because we know He is too faithful to allow us to wander too far away, without doing all within His power to arrest our attention and steer us in the way we should be going. I wrote a post about this, if you care to read it. Here is the link: http://cherylsmithministries.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-rod-and-staff.html I hope this is helpful to you, and if you would like to discuss it further, please feel free to contact me via the online contact tab near the top of this page. I will be more than happy to help in any way I can, by God's grace. Thank you for stopping here...I appreciate your visit. God bless you!

      Delete
  7. Let us approach BOLDLY the throne of grace. So often I'm guilty of tip-toeing in and just hoping for a tiny drop of healing when God is ready to give the miracle. The testimony of this baby and this family is a powerful reminder to create a welcoming environment for a Big God to show up in Big Ways. Thank you for keeping us updated and for linking at Unforced Rhythms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am so guilty of the same thing. Dear Lord, help us, and increase our faith! We see what God can do and what he is so willing to do. Yes, we will continue to watch Him show up in BIG ways!! God bless you, sweet friend...so thankful for your visit. :)

      Delete
  8. I've " chanced" upon your blog popping over from Beauty in his grip...and am stunned by the beauty I've found here....your way with words is incredible...have signed up for your posts....you have a MIGHTY gift of ENCOURAGEMENT!

    God BLESS you....and thank you.

    I know it was God who lead me here as I don't believe in chance!!
    Mary, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mary! Bless your dear, kind heart! Your sweet words humbled me so much and brought me to tears. It is people like you who give me hope to keep pressing forward in this blog journey. I needed your visit tonight, and I cannot thank you enough for not only stopping here, but for leaving such precious encouragement behind. Wow, New Zealand!! It is wonderful how the internet can connect the members of the body of Christ! So thankful to meet you and to have you on board as a follower. God bless you!

      Delete
  9. This is wonderful news! Both about Obed and the Lord we serve. Thank you for sharing these encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! He is still on the throne, and He still performs miracles!! Praise His wonderful name! I could never praise Him enough for all He has done. God bless you, and thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  10. I read a devotional this morning that urged us to prophesy as we pray - - to pray positive prayers of what we expect God to do which is in a way prophesying. May Obed and his family be blessed. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” At: http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely believe this way, too. Speaking faith is a powerful tool, and I believe God wants to do so much for us, as His people! We live below our privileges, I believe. Thank you for sharing your edifying insights here. God bless you, Hazel.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. YES, indeed, Kelly! Thanks for stopping by...

      Delete
  12. A special message for sure. What a blessing just hearing all your reactions was! We do serve a mighty God who is good when the news is blessed and good when its hard. I love Sharon's word -- Let's go for it and pray big. ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise His name, there is nothing beyond His scope of power!!! We serve an awesome and amazing LIVING God, Who still hears and answers the prayers of His people. So thankful for your visit, sweet friend. God bless you!

      Delete
  13. Thank you for answering my question about the rod and staff. I read the link you gave me
    It really helped.
    Rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful to the dear Lord if it helped you. To God be the glory. Come back anytime...you are always welcome here. :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing the answer to prayers and I'll say one too for baby Obed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much, Helene! Lord willing, I will be posting an exciting update later today! God is SO good...we serve a mighty, LIVING, awesome God Who can do anything. So grateful to Him...and thankful for your visit.

      Delete
  15. What wonderful news! God is doing some amazing things! Thanks for linking this update up with the Faith and Fellowship blog hop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, to God be ALL the glory...great things He hath done...and is STILL doing!! Praise His name! Thanks for stopping by, Susannah! I hope all is going well with you, and you are feeling well.

      Delete
  16. Cheryl...God is so awesome in how he works things out in the lives of his children. Thank you for sharing this precious update at Monday's Musings. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, He surely is an awesome God Who still hears and answers prayer!! Praise His name forever! Thank you so much for your visit, Naomi. God bless you and your family!

      Delete