Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Brown Family (Accident Victims) UPDATE - 8-6-2014

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much..."
James 5:16
(KJV)

Please pass this prayer request along to your church
and individual prayer lists.

I just received another update on the Brown family 
and wanted to share with all those who are praying and carrying a burden for these dear ones.

(For further explanation, please read the previous post by clicking HERE.)

Left to Right:  Quinton (5), Nevaya (1), Shyla (24), Steven (23), Max (2), Makeya (6)

Steven, (the father), has been released from the hospital.
Shyla, (the mother), and 1 year old Nevaya have also been released.
6 year old, Makeya is still on a ventilator and is paralyzed from the waist down.
They are hoping to move her from WV to OH to be with the rest of her family 
as soon as she is stable enough to withstand the trip.
2 year old Max's MRI today revealed that his spinal cord is severed almost completely in half.
The doctors are saying that neither of these children (Makeya nor Max) will ever walk again.

God is still on the throne, and He still performs miracles.
The family's faith is in Him and His ability to enable both of them to walk out of those hospitals...
restored and completely whole.

The funeral arrangements for 5 year old Quinton have been finalized,
and are, as follows:

\
Quinton Xaiver Brown

Quinton Xaiver Brown, age 5, of Vanceburg, Kentucky, passed away Saturday evening, August 2, 2014 in Lewis County, Kentucky, as a result of injuries sustained in an automobile accident.

He was born June 8, 2009, in Mason County, Kentucky,
a son of Steven Roy and Shyla Rae Dunigan Brown of Vanceburg, Kentucky.

Quinton loved going to church, watching Sponge Bob, and picking on his brother and sisters.  He especially enjoyed his daddy wrestling with him, his mommy singing to him and reading him stories,
and spending time with his grandparents.

Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, August 8, 2014,
at Globe Family Funeral Chapel in Garrison, Kentucky, with Brother Ronnie Hall officiating.
Burial will follow in the Muses Chapel Cemetery at Quicks Run in Lewis County, Kentucky.

Friends may visit from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, August 7, 2014
and until the service hour on Friday at
Globe Family Funeral Chapel
103 Dudley Avenue
Garrison, Kentucky 41141

If  anyone would like to send the family a card of encouragement,
please contact me, and I will provide the mailing address.

If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to this family,
there are two ways to donate.

1.  An account has been set up for this purpose at a local bank.
Please mail donations to:
Citizen's Deposit Bank & Trust
P. O. Box 9
Vanceburg, KY  41179
Please write "For Brown Family" on the memo line of check.


OR
2.  You may donate online by clicking HERE.

Please, please continue to pray.
Only Jesus can bind their broken hearts.

20 comments:

  1. Oh Cheryl, this is so sad! I will be praying for this family! I pray for God to restore health to those little ones miraculously. Sometimes I think I have things tough and then you see this. Like you say, God is on the throne! I pray to our miracle performing God to do just that... This family needs His hand and strength! Praying for them. I will also share this post on my facebook page!
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Tracy, and YES, PLEASE do share on your facebook and with any and all prayer warriors you know. We are just pleading with God to have mercy and heal both of these dear little ones and show His mighty power through this horrible tragedy. I can't thank you enough for helping to bear this burden to God in prayer. God bless you!

      Delete
  2. Most definitely praying for this family!!!!! Thank you for continuing to update everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your continued prayers, Shannon. So grateful for your visit today! I hope you are feeling better and all is well with you and your family. God bless you!

      Delete
  3. I have asked for prayer from my Bible Study group, my mom, and my son's prayer group. Again, I have been torn by this tragedy, and words fail me.

    May God step in.

    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Sharon, for passing along this prayer request...I know what you mean. It just tears at the core of my heart, and I can't help but question why??? These dear parents...oh, dear Lord, just PLEASE minister to and hold them close to Your precious heart, and touch those babies, heal them completely, and let them walk out of those hospitals, defying all medical prognoses. I can't thank you enough for your continued prayers, dear friend. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. My heart and prayers go out the Brown family. It's hard to fathom why these sort of tragedies happen. May God comfort there hearts and strengthen them during this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, it is incomprehensible. Only God knows why. Thank you ever so much for your prayers and visit, Wanda. God bless you.

      Delete
  5. I am still praying for this sweet family. xo

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend. You are a dear blessing.

      Delete
  6. I am praying for them. This is harder than can be imagined. Do you know them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, Judith. I am compiling every one of these comments and emails for them and passing them along. Your support and prayers are so appreciated. God bless you!

      Delete
  7. Prayers go out to this family. I can't imagine what she is going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...it is truly incomprehensible. Your prayers are SO appreciated, and I am so grateful you stopped by. I am passing along each comment to the family. God bless you.

      Delete
  8. Praying for this family

    ReplyDelete
  9. My prayers are out for you and your family. I am sorry to hear your loss of a child. I am deeply sorry I pray that everyone will make a turn for the better. You don't know me and I don't know you. Just know that you have someone else praying for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for reaching out to the Brown family. I will pass this on to them. May God bless you.

      Delete
  10. He Careth For You

    Let all who are sad take heart again,
    We are not alone in our hours of pain;
    Our Father looks down from His throne above
    To soothe and comfort us with His love.

    He leaves us not when the storms are high--
    And we have safety for He is nigh.
    Can we deem trouble what He doth share?
    Oh, rest in peace, for the Lord doth care.

    "Casting all your care upon Him;
    for He careth for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful, comforting poem! Thank you for sharing...I will make sure it is forwarded to the Brown family. God bless you.

      Delete