Tuesday, August 12, 2014

GREAT NEWS!! Brown Family Update - 8-12-2014

"He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him, and honor him."
Psalm 91:15

I once read that there are 7,487 promises in the Word of God.
I am entirely convinced that what God promises, He is also able to perform.  (Romans 4:21)
I believe He means what He says and says what He means.

God is absolutely fulfilling His promises to the Brown family.
It is beautiful and wonderful to see.

Back row left to right:  Max(2), Steven, Nevaya(1), Shyla
Front row left to right:  Makeya(6), Quinton(5)

And even though their hearts remain so broken and permanently altered over the deep loss of little Quinton,
God is doing some amazing and marvelous things.

I can't express in words how excited I was to read these encouraging updates tonight!
I couldn't wait to share with all of you wonderful prayer warriors and precious friends.

I quote directly from two of Shyla's posts...

"Hello I just wanted to Thank everyone not only Lewis County but the entire world for everything they have done and the prayers that are going up for my family. With out them I would not be able to get through this nightmare I am having. Wanted to let everyone know that Max is doing good. He is now on CPAP so he is mostly breathing on his own. His surgery is scheduled for tommorow. Makeya is doing really great she is smiling and giving hugs and kisses. They have the bipap on her now for 2 hrs and off for 2 but they just now started that so we will have to wait to see how that goes. Makeya will be here at Colombus tommorow. They r hoping it does not rain bc it would be faster and more safe to fly her but if it does rain then they said her stats were good enough to ride in ambulance. Are family will be together tommorow finally. I trully believe Quinton will be here to. He will always be in my heart. Plz continue to pray for my babies."

"Prayers were def answered today. Keya will not only be here tom but she will be in the room right next to Max with a window in the rooms that way I can c both from 1 room. Max is responding to questions by shaking his head yes and no and stats r good enough for surgery. Steven does not have to have surgery on his knee. Please continue to pray and pray that Keyas ride and Max's surgery goes good tom."

Praise our wonderful Savior, Lord, and Healer!!!
He is still working miracles and answering the prayers of His trusting children.



Moving Makeya from WV to OH and having her in the same hospital as Max will make this 
beyond-difficult situation just a slight bit easier to manage.
And, to think, God threw in that extra blessing allowing them to be in rooms next to each other
allowing Shyla to keep an eye on both of her precious babies simultaneously!
And, as an added bonus, Steven does not have to have surgery!!

Praise God!
Can I get an amen???
Many, many amens????

The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man still avails much.  James 5:16

There are literally thousands upon thousands of people praying for the Brown Family.
Many of you have reached out to me via email and/or by leaving comments here at Homespun Devotions.
I am SO moved and deeply touched by the outpouring of love, support, and kindness
you have shown through this tragedy.

You know, with all of the evil, sadness, abuse, and hate in our world,
it is wonderful to see that there are still good, caring, compassionate people
who have hearts of gold, and who go way beyond mere well-wishing.

So many of you have walked that extra mile, far past the point of just feeling sympathy.
You have expressed that sympathy through your sweet, comforting words and generous giving.
I want you to know that I am compiling all of your words and passing them on to the family.
I cannot even begin to imagine the depths of the impact each one of you are making on their lives.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reaching out.

Homespun Devotions readers have to be some of the kindest, 
most caring, Christlike people I have ever come across.

Tonight, I got an email that said this:

"Shalom,
The prayer line I'm a part of prayed for the family this morning for two hours.
We will be having another time of prayer for them tonight.
Also I gave the address of where to send donations to help with the medical bills.
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Will be letting others know as well.
We will fast for them tomorrow.
Ahava,
Sis. Carolyn"

I sat there in tears as I wrote them back.
This is what true Christianity is all about.
This is the purpose of Jesus' whole ministry, His whole sacrifice, His whole condescension to earth.
Our reaction to those in need and distress is the true proof of the authenticity of our Christianity.
Jesus said,
"By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples,
if ye have love one to another."
John 13:35

Notice this...
Jesus didn't say "if ye have love one FOR another"...
He said, "if ye have love one TO another."

It is one thing to feel love for someone else...
it is quite another to convey that love to them.

The proof is in the doing.
The evidence is in the sacrifice.

It is easy to talk the talk...
not so easy to walk the walk.
All talk and no walk equates to a flat, ineffective, unconvincing testimony of knowing Jesus Christ.

"For as the body without the spirit is dead,
so faith without works is dead also."
James 2:26

I wish I could somehow express my gratitude to each one of you, individually.
I am so thankful God knows who you are.
He sees your heart.
He has watched as you have stretched yourselves,
gone over and beyond to show His love,
sacrificed...many of you right out of the midst of your own pain.

Your stories and testimonies have deeply touched my heart.
My heart has gone out to many of you...
because you are suffering, too.
I have cried as I have felt the weight of your burdens.
It has moved me deeply that you have opened yourselves up to me
and blessed me with the gift of revealing what is in your hearts.
What a treasure...and one that I do not esteem lightly.
And it has absolutely inspired me to watch Jesus' hands and feet in action....
through YOU.
God richly and abundantly bless you, every one.

If anyone would like to share their condolences by signing the funeral home's online guest book for little Quinton,
please click HERE.

If  anyone would like to send the family a card of encouragement,
please contact me, and I will provide the mailing address to you, individually.

If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to this family,
there are two ways to donate.

1.  An account has been set up for this purpose at a local bank.
Please mail donations to:
Citizen's Deposit Bank & Trust
P. O. Box 9
Vanceburg, KY  41179
Please write "For Brown Family" on the memo line of check.


OR

2.  You may donate online by clicking HERE.

Most of all, please keep praying!

Please pray that Makeya's move tomorrow will be smooth, 
void of complications, injuries, or negative repercussions.
Please pray that Max's surgery will go GREAT, with the result of complete success and healing.
Pray for God to guide the surgeon's hands.
Pray that His Divine presence will be strongly felt in that operating room.
Pray for God to wrap Steven and Shyla and all who grieve in His arms of love
and hold them extra-close.

And, as you pray, please take a moment to 
praise God for all He has already done!
He is so worthy!


14 comments:

  1. Well, praise God for His goodness. :) I cannot even imagine how horrible this must be, but God has a purpose for it and this family will be forever stronger, that's for sure! Thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise His wonderful name! He is an awesome, faithful God Who is worthy of all our praise. So happy you stopped by today..I am ALWAYS blessed by a visit from you. God bless you in return.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for continuing to update us on this precious family... I am so glad they can be together finally, but the image of the poor mother rejoicing over her children having side by side hospital rooms so she can check on both of her "babies" is heartbreaking..... I know how hard it is living in a hospital and being there for a child... and to do it for 2 of them... wow.... Continuing to pray and rejoicing with them...and asking God for more grace for them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right...just to think of that being something to rejoice about is heartbreaking. I can't thank you enough for the way you have faithfully carried and helped to bear this burden. Your prayers and kind words are so appreciated. God bless you.

      Delete
  3. My heart is broken after reading this post. My love and prayers go out to this precious family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your visit, Elizabeth. I so appreciate your kindness. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. Praise God! We prayed for this family during out family Bible reading last night. I was so glad to see the updates today! I like what you pointed out about not having love FOR but having love TO one another. I will have to mention that to the ladies I pray and talk about the Lord with. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chris. I so appreciate you sharing this prayer request with others, and I thank you for your kind words. God bless you!

      Delete
  5. Praise God! It is so good to hear such a wonderful update. Praying still for complete healing and restoration! xo

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, we are believing God that both of those babies WALK out of that hospital, restored and whole, in Jesus' name. Nothing is impossible with Him!! Please keep up the prayers! God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Hi Cheryl! Just wanted to let you know that this post was featured as the #2 most viewed post on link up # 10 at So Much At Home! Congratulations! I am especially glad that this post was read so much because of the urgent prayer needs of the Brown family. I skipped a link up party last week, but link up party #11 is up now. God bless you for the love you show to your brothers and sisters in Christ.
    Much love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I just want to get the word out to as many as possible to pray for this dear family. My heart is so burdened for them and what they are going through! I SO appreciate your kind words, the link-up, and your prayers for the Browns. Little Max still needs much prayer. Much love and many blessings to you, sweet friend. :)

      Delete