Thursday, August 14, 2014

Update - MAKEYA & MAX BROWN - 8-14-2014

"The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble;
and He knoweth them that trust in Him."
Nahum 1:7
(KJV)


On my last post, I asked that everyone pray for these specific requests...

"Please pray that Makeya's move tomorrow will be smooth, 
void of complications, injuries, or negative repercussions.
Please pray that Max's surgery will go GREAT, with the result of complete success and healing.
Pray for God to guide the surgeon's hands.
Pray that His Divine presence will be strongly felt in that operating room.
Pray for God to wrap Steven and Shyla and all who grieve in His arms of love
and hold them extra-close."

We owe God a LOT of praise!
Once again, your many prayers were answered!

Little 6 year old Makeya Brown has been safely transported 
from the WV hospital to the OH hospital.
She was even able to peek through the window and see her little brother, Max.

What an amazing gift!

Max came through his surgery just fine, 
and Shyla wrote that the surgery didn't require as much as they thought it would.
She said he will have to wear a brace on his neck and back.

No report yet on the paralysis or long-term prognosis of either child, 
other than Shyla said Makeya will not need to be in ICU for very much longer.

Praise our dear and wonderful Lord,
Shyla's babies are finally together in one place,
and Max's surgery is now behind him.

God is SO good!  

I often wonder what I would do if I didn't have Him to turn to.
So many times throughout the course of one day,
I find myself calling upon Him.
There is SO much to pray about,
so many burdens,
so many heartaches.
There are times that I find it hard to determine where one prayer ends
and the next one begins.
Honestly, I think I could pray 24/7 and still not cover it all.

I have personally tried and proven today's verse...more times than I can count...or even remember.

"The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble;
and He knoweth them that trust in Him."
Nahum 1:7

He is my strong hold.
He is the One I turn to before I turn to anyone else.
Because, truly, there is only so much others can do when our hearts are broken.

With all of the advances in the field of medicine,
there is still no medical cure for a broken heart.
It cannot be diagnosed by a CT Scan, X-ray, or MRI.
It cannot be seen by the human eye.
Only God can see that far into a human core and see the shattered pieces
of what used to be a heart that was whole.

I cannot imagine how Steven and Shyla must feel right now.
The aftermath of all that has happened must be truly starting to sink in.
The loss of little Quinton must be starting to feel more real.
And as life goes on, and reality begins to fully register,
the only One Who can really relieve their pain is the One Who bore more pain than any of us ever will.
One of the main reasons Jesus came to earth was to
"bind up the brokenhearted".
Isaiah 61:1

"Bind up" in Hebrew means to bandage or to wrap firmly.
When I think of this,
I can just see Jesus' nail-scarred hands tenderly wrapping the hearts of those who grieve
and drawing them close to His Own loving heart.

Since He is the only One Who can see a broken heart,
He is the only One Who can mend it.



If video doesn't load, click HERE.

How blessed we are to have such a loving Savior!
One Who is on our side and Who will never leave nor forsake us.
One Whose arms are strong enough to carry us, along with the heaviest of our burdens.

What a comfort that He is holding the Brown family...and all of the rest of us...in His arms!

Jesus has a special place in His heart for little children.
If it breaks our hearts to think of the condition of little Max and Makeya,
I can only imagine how much this is breaking His.

If anyone would like to share their condolences by signing the funeral home's online guest book for Quinton,
please click HERE.

If  anyone would like to send the family a card of encouragement,
please contact me, and I will provide the mailing address to you, individually.

If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to this family,
there are two ways to donate.

1.  An account has been set up for this purpose at a local bank.
Please mail donations to:
Citizen's Deposit Bank & Trust
P. O. Box 9
Vanceburg, KY  41179
Please write "For Brown Family" on the memo line of check.
OR
2.  You may donate online by clicking HERE.

Most of all, please keep praying and believing God for even bigger miracles in the lives of this dear family!

God bless all who have reached out and shown the love of Jesus.
It is appreciated more than you will ever know.

And if you have a request that you would like us to pray about, 
always feel free to contact us.
We would be grateful to add your name to our prayer list so we and others can pray.

8 comments:

  1. I get so happy every time I read some good news like this. :) And you're right...we can never cover everything we need to in prayer. My 8 year old just asked me about that tonight--if he's asking for too many prayers. He had all these prayer requests and thought they might be too many! But our God is so great, there can never be too many!

    It makes me think of tonight--we said the silliest prayer, but I am still just so happy with the results. We went to the fair, which is a big thing for us, and someone blocked us in and there was NO way to get out to go home. I envisioned sitting there all night with 3 boys--one being a tired toddler--and one very impatient, grumpy husband. My husband was pacing around, so I told the boys we needed to pray. We were hoping that the person in front of us would come out and move their vehicle so we could get out. My husband reported their license plate to be read over the loudspeaker. But what happened is that a person parked next to them (off the corner of our vehicle) suddenly came out, moved their vehicle, and went back into the fairgrounds! I am STILL sitting here thinking, "HOW did they know we needed out?!" Well, because we prayed. We prayed for something so silly. I mean, really, not many people I know--if any--would have prayed about that. And, we got to use it as a "lesson" for my husband, who is a bit skeptical. Oh, and JUST as the man came out to move his truck, the most beautiful rainbow came across the sky--no kidding! I'll post pictures in a day or so on my blog. We saw it the entire 9 miles home. :)

    My point in this babbling response, is that prayer DOES work, whether it's big or small to us, and no matter how many prayers we pray. I'm so happy that so many people are willing to pray for his family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful testimony!!! YES, I believe we should pray about EVERYthing. Nothing is too small, nothing is too big to ask of our God. I am SO thankful God heard your prayer tonight and answered so quickly. God prompted those people to leave right when they left. He didn't need the loudspeaker to notify anyone. He gave them the gentle urge to come out there, move their car, then go back in. This is AMAZING and a direct answer to prayer. Wow! I am just speechless...each time I hear what God can and WILL do when we ask. We have not, because we ask not. Sometimes, we think it is just too silly or insignificant, when all along, GOD is interested in the most minute detail of our lives. And when our children see our faith in action and see God answering prayer and granting our petitions, it builds a strong foundation of faith in their little hearts and minds. They will NEED that foundation of faith to sustain and keep them throughout the storms of life. They will automatically know Who to turn to in their times of need and distress. I am SO grateful you shared this with me tonight...this is just wonderful. God bless you. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for continuing to update us on the Brown family.
    When I read an update I share with those who are praying.
    How exciting Makeya will soon be out of ICU.
    I am believing for no paralysis. God is Good!!
    God is good all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle, for continuing to pray and pass along the requests and praise reports! I just LOVE seeing how the body of Christ operates!!! So encouraging and such a comfort to those who are in distress. I am believing God for no paralysis, too...in either of these precious children!! God is GOOD. May He bless you.

      Delete
  3. Any more news on the brown family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am posting updates, as they come in. Please click on the links in the right sidebar above to read. Thank you for your interest.

      Delete