Thursday, August 21, 2014

UPDATES - Baby Obed & Max Brown - 8-21-2014

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27
(KJV)

A couple of updates I wanted to pass along to all of you faithful, compassionate prayer warriors....

I heard from Baby Obed's Daddy, Travis today.

Here is a recent picture of the little cutie-pie.

Again, I was brought to tears and thanksgiving by his words.

"We just got back from the Cardiologist appointment and she prescribed him two medications (one is a diuretic to remove fluid building up in his lungs and the other to help minimize potassium loss) as she said he has some retraction in his chest and neck when breathing.  She said this is all normal for his condition and without these symptoms, she would be very concerned as that would mean he has a SERIOUS lung problem.  “So these signs are GOOD signs!” she kept saying. J

She still feels that the surgery won’t be necessary for another couple of months as long as he’s still gaining weight.
Thank you again for your prayers and concern."
-Travis

While I was thankful to hear this news, I was even more blessed by what he said next...

"I just wanted to let you and the others know that we have had nearly 20 ultrasounds throughout this process. All of them except one was performed during the pregnancy.  It wasn’t until after birth that they mentioned “Malposition” versus “Transposition”.   With each ultrasound, I would pray “LORD, this is just another one added to the total of ultrasounds, and if it’s Your will for him to be healed, this would be irrefutable evidence that ONLY a miracle has taken place…”

Our family truly covets your prayers and those of everyone following Obed’s story.   God is working miraculously through Obed’s life.  My wife and I quickly learned how limited we are in this and can only sit and be amazed at what God has done, is doing, and will continue to do through Obed and our entire family’s life."

I didn't realize how irrefutable the evidence really is!
God allowed all of those ultrasounds to happen to fully establish that Baby Obed's vessels were truly transposed in utero.
God absolutely corrected this while he was in the womb,
allowing His glory to be revealed through this little guy!

While I was slightly disappointed that the doctor found ANY symptoms at all,
my faith is not diminished.
I fully believe, with all my heart, that He will completely heal anything that is malfunctioning,
and this child's miracle will continue to expand and touch hearts all across the world.
Even though the surgery to correct vessels that are malposed versus them being transposed
is less extensive, I am still asking God to heal him without the need for any surgery at all,
if it is His will.

Please continue to pray for God to completely heal this precious baby.

(To read previous posts about Baby Obed, please click HERE, and HERE, and HERE.)

******************************************************
I wish I could say that the news from little Max Brown's direction was as encouraging as Baby Obed's.


Sadly, his lung has collapsed again.
Contrary to what I posted earlier, they have been unable to do the tracheotomy.

Shyla posted this...
"Tom. is the decision day.
We meet with the surgeon team and all the doctors and a bunch of other people to talk about putting the trach in.  They are also going to put a feeding tube in his belly.
Tom. is the day we have to make the decision if we want it done or not.
But as of right now, it is our only option to get him to rehab and home."

I can't begin to imagine the fear in the hearts of these parents right now.
Every time it seems he is heading in the right direction,
something happens to impede his progress,
and now they are reaching the point of these types of decisions needing to be made.

We serve the God of miracles, Who is not hindered by our limited scope of vision.
He inhabits eternity, and, from His viewpoint, He can see all things.
No matter what happens in this situation, we know without a doubt that 
He is absolutely holding sweet Max in His nail-scarred hands.
He is always in control, and He always has a perfect plan for each life.

As I cried tears for two separate reasons today....
tears of joy when I read Travis' email,
and tears of sorrow when I read about Max,
it hit me how much comfort the Brown family can draw from Baby Obed's miracle right now.
Because actually seeing what God CAN do fills the heart with hope.
Watching His power be revealed increases faith in His ability to do the impossible.

The lives of these two little boys have somehow, by the orchestration of God's Almighty plan,
been intertwined and woven together....
within the confines of these posts.
I don't know exactly how God does what He does or how else these two separate lives 
could or would have otherwise been intersected.
For some reason, God chose this to be the location...of their mingling.

I can't help but believe that there is a Divine purpose at work here.
God uses all circumstances to bring glory to Himself...even the bad ones.
Sometimes, it is hard for us to see that...at first.
Other times, He opens our eyes and allows us to see the purpose.



Click HERE if video doesn't load.

Please pray for Shyla, Steven, & the grandparents as they face the uncertainty of tomorrow.
Pray for wisdom for the medical staff and these precious parents.
Pray that healing will take place, and God will send peace.
Please continue to pray for healing for 6 year old Makeya, too.
Thankfully, she continues to do well and to adjust to her rehab surroundings.
Pray that God will heal the paralysis and enable her to walk again.

If  anyone would like to send the Brown family a card of encouragement,
please contact me, and I will provide the mailing address to you, individually.

If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to this family,
there are two ways to donate.
1.  An account has been set up for this purpose at a local bank.

Please mail donations to:

Citizen's Deposit Bank & Trust
P. O. Box 9
Vanceburg, KY  41179
Please write "For Brown Family" on the memo line of check.
OR
2.  You may donate online by clicking HERE.

Most of all, please continue to lift them to our Heavenly Father in prayer.

(To read previous posts about the Brown Family,
click ORIGINAL POST,
and 1ST UPDATE,
and 2ND UPDATE,
 and 3RD UPDATE,
and 4TH UPDATE,
and 5TH UPDATE,
and 6TH UPDATE,
and 7TH UPDATE.)

Many thanks go out to each one of you who are helping to pray for Baby Obed and for the Brown Family.

22 comments:

  1. I think of this poor family everyday. I cried when i first read the story to my husband as it reminded me of our own two children that we have been blessed with. I hope sweet little max is blessed with a miracle and the Lord heals and restores him (makeya too) to complete recovery. Soo sad about little Quinton, my deepest condolences to the family. He is their angel watching over them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for carrying a burden for this family, Carol. I am passing along your comments to the family. God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Aww poor Max, i will continue to keep him and his family in my prayers. I think of them often and always look to see if there are new updates. Thank you Cheryl for keeping us informed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for caring and for praying, Carol.

      Delete
  3. Praying for God to work a miracle for Max & Makeya. My heart goes out to the Brown family with losing Quinton.
    May The Lord give them the strength they need .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind heart and prayers for this dear family. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. I would like to send them a letter. Is there anyway I could have their address? My little 4 1/2 year old boy went to be with Jesus just a month before their accident. Only losing one is hard enough. They've been on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Esther! I am SO terribly sorry for your loss. Please know that you have my deepest sympathy, and I just trust Jesus to hold you in His loving arms. I am so touched that have the desire to reach out to the Brown family right in the midst of your own pain. Please email me privately, and I will email you the mailing address. God bless you.

      Delete
  5. My thoughts and Prayers for both of these families.

    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jill! God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. So nice to see you here today. God bless you.

      Delete
  7. Prayed for both of these families. Thanks for keeping us updated Cheryl. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wanda. God bless you. Hope you're feeling better.

      Delete
  8. Praying God will continue to be with this family. What a difficult time. So thankful to have the Lord's comfort in the trials of life. God bless you, sweet friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear friend, I don't know what we would do without our precious Comforter. How do people live without His Divine presence guiding their lives? So thankful for you and your friendship. Trusting you are having a blessed day. :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you for helping to bear this burden and passing the word to others to pray.

      Delete
  10. My heart is heavy reading this, Cheryl. I cannot begin to fathom their sorrow. I am joining you in prayer for healing, comfort, wisdom, and the love and peace of the Comforter to wrap around and bear them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amber. Your prayers and concern are so appreciated. I hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  11. My family is praying for the Brown family. Our eldest son is named Max and he is such a blessing to all of us. It is because our Max is such a people-lover that he gave my husband and I the courage to trust God for more. We know God has a plan for each life. I pray that Max Brown will recover in a miraculous way. To glorify the Father and to comfort Max's mother.

    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your prayers and concern for this dear family. Your Max sounds like a wonderful and dear son. God is SO good to send us these precious children, and you're right, He has a special plan for each of their lives. So happy to meet you today, and your continued prayers would be most appreciated. God bless you. :)

      Delete