Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Miracles Never Cease! UPDATES on Baby Obed, Max & Makeya, & Jaadil (Farming Accident Victim)

"The God of my rock; in Him will I trust; He is my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation,
my High Tower, and my Refuge, my Savior;
Thou savest me from violence."
2 Samuel 22:3
(KJV)




"God delivers again,
Oh, my God delivers again,
Just when things look hopeless,
He reaches out His hand;
Then all the forces of evil,
Have to flee at His command,
Just when things look hopeless,
My God delivers again!"

Wonderful words written by Mike Payne,
and so applicable to what God is doing in the lives of 
Baby Obed,
and the 15 year old farming accident victim, Jaadil Abdalahan.

God truly IS our refuge and strength.
He IS a very present help in times of trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
He is always there, and yes, my friend,
He still answers prayer!

Praise His name!

Today, I received this wonderful news from Baby Obed's daddy, Travis....
are you ready for this??

"We are happy to report that Obed gained 10 oz this past week!  
The cardiologist was just ecstatic which made us feel even better.

We have another appointment tomorrow with a nutritionist (third appointment in 3 days).  
She is also looking into having an in-home nurse come out weekly to check his weight to save a few trips to the hospital (Her idea, not ours).

Thank you again for the continued prayers and concern.

-Travis"

I cannot put into words how grateful to God I was to hear this!

Here's a recent picture of the little cherub resting on his Daddy's chest...


It really touched me to see the Bible lying on the arm of Travis' chair.
How sweet to know this dear baby is being raised, 
not only in such a loving, caring environment,
but in the love of God, as well!
This dear picture speaks more than a thousand words.
What a precious, precious family!
They have worked their way into my heart, 
and I love them as my own.

(To read past posts on Baby Obed,
click these links....

Please keep praying for Baby Obed's complete healing and for God to continue to be glorified.
I believe with all my heart that his special miracle is far from over!

**************************************************************************
Now, for a miracle update about the 15 year old boy 
who was in the farming accident last night,
I am going to insert, (with his permission), Pastor Bosley's own words....

"Thank you so much for your prayers and for your people. 
Jaadil is going to be ok. 
He is a bona fide miracle and the doctors are all saying it. 
He should have brain injuries as the tractor rolled over his head and the cutter dug into his body.
He has no internal injuries and no brain injuries. 
He does have extensive damage to his front teeth and his palate as the upper jaw and his facial bones are broken but everything is back in place and they said will heal in time.   
He will need about a year of oral surgery and dental repair but all in all, 
an amazing outcome.
The most amazing part, spiritually, for him is this tragedy is opening the door of communication with his Muslim father whom me hasn't spoken to for a long, long time, 
and Jaadil feared he would never get to speak to because of his new found Christian faith.
His spirit and his attitude are incredible, and when he could speak this morning, he said, 
"Tell those boys to go back in the field and finish cutting his hay, only be more careful."  
(He was distracted by his grape popsicle... He loves grape... and even under the haybine he had not lost his grip on his popsicle.)
He is already praying that his tragedy will allow his father's heart to soften to the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We connected him on the phone to his father in Jamaica. 
Jaadil cried in gratitude to hear his father still loved him. 
We are just overwhelmed at this huge outpouring of concern from our community at all of the people who arrived on our property to assist. 
It is precious to know neighbors here in Myrtle, Missouri really ARE neighbors in the truest sense.   
I thank you.   
Jaadil and his mother thank you.  
Thank you for your continued prayers as he heals up. 
It will be a long time before he is able to smile right on the outside, but please know he is already smiling in his heart.   
His faith is real and strong.
He will be convelescing on a recliner next to mine. 
(I have surgery Friday.)
 Do know, we will be entertaining visitors.   
I'll keep the coffee on.   
Jaadil likes grape.   
Please, to all our community, stop by and see this miracle boy from Jamaica.  
He has been given the opportunity to go home to heal.  
His reply, "I am home."
Pastor David Bosley for Jaadil Abdalahan, 15 year old student at Masters Ranch.


All I can say is, once again, thank you, Lord!
You will forever and ever amaze me!
Truly, there were angels all around Jaadil, as this accident happened,
and again we witness a miracle before our very eyes.

"O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation,
Thou has covered my head in the day of battle."
Psalm 140:7

"For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."
Psalm 91:11

"The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him and delivereth them."
Psalm 34:7

Please continue to pray for Jaadil, as he recovers and heals.
I cannot imagine how much pain he must be in or how much difficulty lies ahead of him.
Also, please pray for Pastor Bosley, as he faces his own surgery and time of recovery.
Pray for strength and grace to be given to the pastor's wife, Tresa,
 and all who are involved in this situation.

Feel free to visit the Masters Ranch Website to learn more about their ministry 
and how you may be able to contribute to their needs as the Lord leads.

******************************************************************************
And, in case you happened to miss yesterday's post, 
God is continuing to do amazing things for little 2 year old Max and 6 year old Makeya Brown!

This is the latest news from their Mommy, Shyla...
"As of yesterday Max is no longer on vent but on cpap which means that he is breathing on his own they r just helping his lungs stay open. 
He has learned to trick the vent and said love you daddy and mommy this morning. 
I called mom and then he said mammaw and pappaw to her over the phone. 
He is doing amazing. 
THE TUBE IS GONE!!!! Off Keyas face."

Isn't this wonderful?


This is the little boy, who just a short time ago, hung in the balance between life and death.
This is the little girl, who was "supposed" to be paralyzed from the neck down
and who is now using those arms to throw a ball and knock down bowling pins!

Last night, I spoke with the children's grandmother, Sheila, 
and she is so very grateful to God for all He is doing for her sweet babies.
Every time I talk to her, I intend to encourage her,
but I am the one who ends up being encouraged!
What a dear, precious lady!
I so enjoy talking to her.

I love this dear family so much, and though I am so deeply sorry for the way it came about,
I will forever praise God for allowing them to become a part of my life.

  

If  anyone would like to send the Brown family a card of encouragement,
please contact me, and I will provide the mailing address to you, individually.

If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to this family,
there are two ways to donate.
1.  An account has been set up for this purpose at a local bank.


Please mail donations to:

Citizen's Deposit Bank & Trust
P. O. Box 9
Vanceburg, KY  41179
Please write "For Brown Family" on the memo line of check.
OR
2.  You may donate online by clicking HERE.

Most of all, please continue to lift them to our Heavenly Father in prayer.

(To read previous posts about the Brown Family,
click ORIGINAL POST,
and 1ST UPDATE,
and 2ND UPDATE,
 and 3RD UPDATE,
and 4TH UPDATE,
and 5TH UPDATE,
and 6TH UPDATE,
and 7TH UPDATE,
and 8TH UPDATE,
and 9TH UPDATE.
and 14TH UPDATE.)

************************************************************************

God bless each one of you for your faithful, intercessory prayers 
on behalf of these dear ones and their needs.
Your love, concern, and support are such a blessing!!


14 comments:

  1. Cheryl, long ago I coined the phrase *spiritual jazz hands* - meaning when something happens that is so wonderful, so amazing, all I can do is raise my hands and shake them in praise! So, if you can, picture me right now shaking my *jazz hands* over this remarkable update! Oh, God is so good. I will put a name to this dear boy when I pray for him, and I will pray for his witness to his family. God is in every moment.

    I am uplifted tonight by this report. And I stand awed at our beloved Lord.

    (Insert more *jazz hands* here...)

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! I know exactly what you mean, and let me just now raise mine with you!!!! I am so in awe of Him, too...it is so amazing how He can turn what satan means as harm into everlasting joy!! Praise His wonderful name! God bless you, sweet friend.

      Delete
  2. Simply amazing! Thank you so much for these updates! Wow to hear how far everyone has come is simply amazing! And to hear that the communication between father & son has improved from this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise God from Whom all blessings flow!! This is wonderful news. I LOVE seeing God receiving the glory He deserves! Oh, He is worthy of all of our praise and our love and worship!!! Thank you for stopping by, Serena!

      Delete
  3. Praise the Lord; the mighty, loving Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless all of them! They still and will continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks again Cheryl for all of the updates on everyone! May God bless you, youre an amazing lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you so much, Carol! What a blessing your words were to me today. God bless you, too. :)

      Delete
  5. I am so thankful that we serve a risen savior and He is still working on our behalf today. Thank you for sharing your awesome post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, praise GOD!! He is alive, and He is still seated on His throne, with ears open to the cries of His children!!! So very grateful to Him for all He is doing and will continue to do, by faith!

      Delete
  6. Dear Cheryl,
    I'm glad you discovered our Spiritual Sundays blog and chose to share with us there. Thank you for sharing this beautiful praise report.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful God led me there, Charlotte! You are so sweet and inviting...you show so much of the love of Jesus. I enjoyed your blog. God bless you. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, full of rejoicing with you! Thanks for sharing such good news! There are days we all need it, and today was one of mine. Happy to have you with us at Unforced Rhythms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelli! It is a blessing to be able to share with you there. I know what you mean, I needed this good news, too. :) God bless you.

      Delete