Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Miracles Continue For Max & Makeya Brown!! Watch These Videos!

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
I Corinthians 15:57
(KJV)

Once again, you rallied behind the Brown family, 
and once again, God came on the scene and answered your prayers!!


I will let Shyla tell the story in her own words...

First, this...

"Max was taken out of ICU yesterday and the meeting is today 
to determine if he is ready for the 9th floor with Keya. 
The doc on Keya's floor put a smile on my face today.
He told us that it would take a lot to care for these 2 kids, and we were the perfect parents to do it. He said he could have not asked for better parents to do it. 
I don't really need to hear that I am a good parent BC I don't try to be,
 I just give my kids love, but it still felt good to hear."

and
"To be here from the beginning to now and see the changes these two have made is remarkable. To see my oldest daughter push her chair knowing that in the beginning she would not be able to do that. Watching her help get herself ready, brushing her own teeth, and feeding herself after being told she would never be able to do that. Watching my youngest son move his legs and shocking the nurses and docs every time. Today, about 5 nurses gathered around Max's door, so his nurse could show them how he moves them. Watching the look on their faces was priceless. They're miracle babies, and I would say they are not only my heroes but a few other people's heroes, as well."
and
"Max got switched back to the first home vent they tried him on.  So far, he is doing good.  Tomorrow, they r going back to deflating his balloon 3 times a day, so he can talk and to see if he can handle that. The docs on the 9th floor have now partnered up with the docs on the 8th floor and have become Max's doctors. Are you ready for the good news?.......As long as everything goes good Max will be on Keya's floor Wed.....more good news?.....he is going in room 35....for those who don't know Keya is in 36.....that's right, they're going right beside each other....plz pray that everything goes as planned."
Wonderful, wonderful news!
And just what we hoped and expected to hear,
because we serve a wonderful, awesome God!
Things are definitely going in the right direction now.

Did you catch what Shyla said??

Max is moving his legs....
not just involuntarily...
but, when he is told to!!

This is the same little boy who was never "supposed to" move anything from the chest down!
This is the boy who's spinal cord was severed nearly in half!
If you don't believe me, just watch this....(shared, with Shyla's permission),

video

And, that's not all!!
Max is not the only one who is experiencing a miracle!
Just watch Makeya....the little 6 year old girl who was "supposed to be"
 paralyzed from the neck down.

You have to see this!

video

God is at work here, dear friends.

Makeya can also move her toes and sometimes her feet!!!


Now, break out your box of tissues,
because this next video is going to break your heart and wrench the tears.
Today, Makeya was able to go and see her little brother, Max!!

Watch this....

video

I don't know about you, but this has blessed me SO much!
To see these precious children, for whom we have prayed so many prayers,
being healed by the hands of a loving God, just makes me want to give Him so much praise!
Max and Makeya are living proof of His amazing love and power at work right before our very eyes!

Please take a moment to send up a prayer of thanksgiving to Him from Whom all blessings flow.

And please continue to uplift this family in your prayers.
I know their miracles are far from over!!

If  anyone would like to send the Brown family a card of encouragement,
please contact me, and I will provide the mailing address to you, individually.

If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to this family,
there are two ways to donate.
1.  An account has been set up for this purpose at a local bank.

Please mail donations to:

Citizen's Deposit Bank & Trust
P. O. Box 9
Vanceburg, KY  41179
Please write "For Brown Family" on the memo line of check.
OR
2.  You may donate online by clicking HERE.

Most of all, please continue to lift them to our Heavenly Father in prayer.

(To read previous posts about the Brown Family,
click ORIGINAL POST,
and 1ST UPDATE,
and 2ND UPDATE,
 and 3RD UPDATE,
and 4TH UPDATE,
and 5TH UPDATE,
and 6TH UPDATE,
and 7TH UPDATE,
and 8TH UPDATE,
and 9TH UPDATE.
.

24 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story of God's incredible goodness and power to heal! May He be glorified in these precious lives. Please know that I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Heather! Your sweet visit today was such a blessing to me. And we so appreciate your prayers for this family. God is working, and we praise Him so much!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't able to watch the videos, but the smile on that little girl's face is just...amazing. To go through such trial and still smile like that is just so awesome! Praise God for His faithfulness! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am SO sorry you can't view the videos...they would bless you so much. I trust God will make a way for you to see them. You have been so faithful to pray for them and carry this burden. I know...her smile is just precious. God is doing some amazing things...I can't wait to watch Him complete their miracles!

      Delete
  3. What wonderful news! These children truly are miracles! Continued prayers and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, God is truly working, and He still performs miracles.....right before our very eyes!! Thank you for your prayers and faithfulness to carry the burdens of others.

      Delete
  4. Precious videos! Thanks for sharing. I am so happy to see these MIRACLES! Praise God! These children have touched my heart.
    Cheryl, Please continue to pray for my friend, Connie, she is still in ICU, on a vent, sedated, running a low grade fever at times, and her pancreas is still as inflamed as it was. She did have a touch of pneumonia, but her lungs are clear now. We keep praying for her pancreas to begin healing. She went in the hospital Sept. 15th. Her girls miss her and her husband is tired. I hope she can return to her role as a wife and mother real soon. Thank you, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Chris! This is so sad. I was so hoping Connie would improve. I will surely continue to pray for her. I know God can do this!! I am sure her husband is very tired and her girls do miss her at home. May the dear Lord have mercy. I will be more than happy to include her here on the prayer request page, and if you want me to include her in a post for prayer, I will be more than glad to do that. Just let me know, if you will. You are more than welcome to email me privately anytime you need or want to, also. Anything I can do...I will.

      Delete
  5. I am rejoicing with you about these precious ones! My eyes are full as I thank God... and relive some of our own difficulties of living in the hospital and praying for each little milestone our son made.... many of which the doctors didn't believe he would ever make. God is able... and I am so thankful for the work He is doing in this family... and I am praying for them. My heart really goes out to these precious parents and though they are doing so well and are supporting these children, please encourage everyone to continue to pray diligently for them. Right now, they are still in the "emergency" time... the time where most emotions are set aside and all thought is given to being "on" for their children. The weariness is there, though, and it will grow... they are human and they are probably very very tired... even more so than they think and even their grieving for the loss of their son and the loss of the dreams they had for their children will become more real at some point. They are focused on new dreams.. and that is such a blessing, but the loss is also there and at a vulnerable time, can overtake them. For me, the exhaustion set in, big time, when things settled down, when the emergencies of every day became more "normal"... then it seemed to hit...God can, and will, sustain them and what a blessing that so many are praying for their family. The normal thing is to feel like "they can handle it now", but it is then that they will still need the emotional and even physical support.... I am so glad they seem to have such a great support system. What a precious family. What a wonderful work God is doing. Thank you for sharing this w/ us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right in all you said, Joy. We must continue to rally behind them even after they get home and things settle into their new sense of "normal". That is when the initial shock has worn off, and the reality sets in. BUT, I am also still believing God that Max and Makeya's miracle will continue to enlarge, and they will be in an even better place by then. I am SO sorry you have had to endure such a rough road. It sounds like your load is very heavy, so you can certainly relate to all the Browns are experiencing. God bless you and give you the daily strength and courage you need. You are in my prayers.

      Delete
  6. Amen! Box of tissues definitely needed -- for the whole post!

    Praise God for His Infinite Goodness! And thank you for updating us and encouraging the saints that, indeed, their 'cries have awoken the Master'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Beth. YES, praise God, He has heard our cries, and He is answering!!! God bless you. :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much again for these updates! This is fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise God, He is working on their behalf!! He is a faithful God!

      Delete
  8. Praying this morning! How amazing that our God heals! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise His wonderful name! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! Thank you for the wonderful weekly link-up. :)

      Delete
  9. So happy to hear the good news!! We'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for the prayers! God is hearing, and He is answering! I can't begin to tell you how much your support means. God bless you. :)

      Delete
  10. What an amazing God we serve. I am praying for these precious children. Thanks for all the updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Judith! Yes, our God is an awesome God!!!

      Delete
  11. Praise God for these updates! Cheryl, this post was the #3 most read on last week's link up at So Much at Home! I featured it this week. Thanks so much for all you do. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you SO much for the kind words and the mention on your blog, dear friend! So very thankful for you. I so appreciate your encouragement and love. Love you, too!! :)

      Delete
  12. HOPE THIS GETS OUT TO EVERYONE THAT HAS READ THIS BLOG ABOUT THE BROWN FAMILY.......
    Hello I would like to introduce myself my name is Shiela. I am the mother of Shyla and the grandmother of Makeya, Quinton, Max, and Neveya. Do not want to leave Steven out, he is my son-in-law. I would personally like to THANK each and everyone of you who have prayed for my family and who continue to pray. For the cards you have sent, the gifts, and most of all the love that we have felt from everyone, from all over. The gifts that have been sent we know that the LORD was in them. This is something I would like to share with you. There was a family from New York that sent each child a home made stuffed animal, they also sent one in memory of our little Quinton. This one was a whale, the print of the material had turtles on it. Turtle was Shyla's nickname when she was a baby. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart this meant a lot to us. There were a lot of packages that were sent and I will not mention any ones names but you will know who you are. They had a package that came from California that consist of gifts for everyone of them. My daughter, Shyla, is reading the kids devotional bible to them everyday. But there was a book in there that they sent Shyla The name of the book is "Is Heaven Real"(YES IT IS)This book is in the gift shop at the hospital and Shyla has been wanting to get it but it cost to much so she kept putting it off. So I count this as another gift from GOD.
    I just want everyone to know how much we are THANKFUL for all you PRAYERS and the love that you have showed us..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila, for expressing your gratitude to all of the readers. If you would like me to put this in a blog post where more people may be likely to read it, I will be happy to. Just let me know.

      Delete