Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Two Days of Prayer & Fasting - Wednesday, October 22 & Wednesday, October 29

"Again I say unto you, 
That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, 
it shall be done for them of My Father which is in Heaven."
Matthew 18:19
(KJV)



Click here if video doesn't load.

I LOVE this song.
(Words and Music by Rusty Goodman)
I weep almost every time I hear it, because the message resonates so deeply.

The name of the song is, "I'll Be Alright As Soon As I Touch Calvary",
and that is just the way I feel.
No matter how heavy-laden or burdened I become,
no matter how heavy my cross,
my matter how unstoppable my tears,
I know where to go.
I know just what to do.
And once I get there...once I reach His feet...once I touch Calvary,
I know, deep in my heart, that I am going to be alright.

When it all becomes too much, I hear His precious, still, small voice whisper,
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."

He is always there.
Always.
Arms wide open.

If you have been reading Homespun Devotions for any length of time,
you will know that there have been some heavy prayer requests mentioned
through the stroke of these laptop keys and the click of this "publish" button.

My precious friend and fellow prayer warrior, Chris Thompson, who blogs at So Much At Home,
has made the wonderful suggestion that Christians everywhere come together for the sake 
of a greater cause and add fasting to our prayers 
for these distinct prayer requests
on two distinct days,
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
and
Wednesday, October 29, 2014.

There is nothing like the unified combination of God's people in prayer and fasting
to move God on His throne and bring about the miracles that are needed.

There are just some mountains that will only be moved by adding the extra effort
of fasting to our prayers.
Jesus confirmed this in Matthew 17:20,21, right after His disciples found they could not deliver
on a miracle someone came to them to perform.
They came to Jesus, in their disappointment, asking Him why they couldn't produce
the desired and requested results.

"And Jesus said unto them, 
Because of your unbelief:
for verily I say unto you,
If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed,
ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place, and it shall remove;
and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Howbeit, this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."

Will you join us, dear friend?
Will you lay aside at least one meal on one or two of these days,
for the sake of these miracles?

I am listing some of the more pressing needs here, in no particular order.

Baby Obed

This precious baby was diagnosed in utero as having 
"Transposition of the Great Vessels".
After much prayer, he was born with what is now being referred to as,
"Double Outlet Right Ventricle" with VSD (Ventricular Septum Defect),
instead of the original diagnosis of "Transposition of the Great Vessels".
He has done remarkably better than was predicted by doctors,
but there is still a chance he will need to have major surgery to correct his condition.
Please pray for a complete Divine-intervention miracle of healing
and that Baby Obed will not need any type of surgery.

(To read past posts on Baby Obed,
click these links....
and Baby Obed #6,
and Baby Obed #7.)

*****************************************************
Jimmy Neff

Jimmy is a dear, lifelong friend and former Marine, 
who is suffering from Stage 4 lung cancer, brain cancer, and adrenal cancer.  
In spite of massive radiation and chemo-therapy treatments,
his cancer has grown by 25%.
Doctors have exhausted their sources of help,
but we are still believing God for the miracle he needs.
Please pray!

(To read former posts about Jimmy, click these links...

***********************************************
Lauren Hill

Lauren is a 19 year old college freshman and basketball player,
who was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor called DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma),
49 days after her 18th birthday.
She has only been given a short time to live, by doctors.
We are asking God to perform a miracle, remove the inoperable (by man) tumor,
and extend her life.

To watch a video about her story click this link.

Make sure you have a box of tissues handy, as your heart breaks for this dear family.

(To read the original post about Lauren, click here.)

*********************************************

Connie Flanders


Connie has been seriously ill and in the hospital since September 15th,

when she was diagnosed with pancreatitis.
She has shown some improvement, but she is still in desperate need of prayer 
for complete healing.
Connie has been seriously ill and in the hospital since September 15th,
when she was diagnosed with pancreatitis.
She has shown some improvement, but she is still in desperate need of prayer
for complete healing.

(Click here to read the ORIGINAL POST ABOUT CONNIE,
and here to read UPDATE #1,
and here to read UPDATE #2.)

*****************************************************
Makeya and Max Brown

     

Both of these precious siblings were involved in a tragic car accident that claimed the life
of their 5 year old brother, Quinton, on August 2, 2014.
They have both been hospitalized since that time.
6 year old Makeya had a broken neck and was told she would never be able to move anything from the neck down.  She is now using her hands very well and has some feeling in her feet, praise God!
2 year old Max had a spinal cord that was severed almost completely in half, and was told he would never be able to move anything from the chest down.  
He is now moving his legs and able to push himself in a wheel chair!
God is working on their behalf, and we are believing in His power to heal
and enable both of these children to walk again!!!

(To read previous posts about the Brown Family,
click ORIGINAL POST,
and 1ST UPDATE,
and 2ND UPDATE,
 and 3RD UPDATE,
and 4TH UPDATE,
and 5TH UPDATE,
and 6TH UPDATE,
and 7TH UPDATE,
and 8TH UPDATE,
and 9TH UPDATE.
and 15TH UPDATE,
and 16TH UPDATE,
and 17TH UPDATE
and 18TH UPDATE,
and 19TH UPDATE,
and 20TH UPDATE.)

************************************************
Jimmie Mae Norton


Please pray for Jimmie Mae Norton, 
who has been suffering from a weakened heart for many years,
and she has now developed a hematoma.
Please pray for God to strengthen and heal her.

***************************************************
Cheryl Norton


Cheryl Norton is in much need of prayer, as she is due to have her first child in December,
and she is suffering terribly from kidney stones.
Please pray that God will give her relief and protect her and her unborn baby.

*************************************************
Please pray for the family of Bro, Ron Cavin, 
a dear pastor and laborer in the Kingdom of God, who passed away Saturday afternoon, 
after a short illness.
His death comes as a great shock to his congregation and his family.
Pray for peace for those who are grieving and wisdom for decisions concerning 
the future of his congregation.

There are many other burdens upon my heart,
and I am sure you have many more upon yours, also.
If you have any prayer requests that you would like to add to next week's fasting day (Wed. 10/29),
please feel free to contact me at the online contact form here.
I will be happy to include additional requests for prayer,
and I am hoping, by that time, we will have major praise reports to add, too!

Thank you for your prayers and support
 and for helping to bear these burdens!



20 comments:

  1. Reaching for my prayer list, and adding these other names and precious people to it. God loves when we talk to Him, and He is always inclining His ear to listen. We will pray for all these requests, knowing that God is able to do anything. We will trust Him for His perfect plans and purposes. We will pray for healing in this life. But, we will yield to what He thinks is best. We will witness and testify to His miracles if this is what He brings, and we will rest in the knowledge that His salvation brings us the miracle of hope, no matter what.

    GOD BLESS us, one and all.


    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Amplified Bible (AMP)

    "Be happy [in your faith] and rejoice and be glad-hearted continually (always); Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly]; Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]."

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for your every prayer you pray. You are such a dear blessing and inspiration, and I loved the amplified version of this wonderful verse. I needed that today. Thank you ever so much for sharing what God laid upon your heart.

      Delete
  2. I'm praying now.
    May God grant every one of your requests and may each be wrapped in the love of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
    In Jesus' Name,
    Amen

    P.S. I got my sidebar to stop jiggling by moving the GFC list to the bottom of the column. Everything below it jiggles. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers, Laura. And thanks for the tip...sometimes they jiggle, sometimes, they don't! LOL! Right now, they are sitting still. :)

      Delete
  3. Checking in for an update. I know there will be some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lord willing, I will update as I hear any more news. :)

      Delete
  4. yes! I will fast and pray! Thank you for sharing! xo

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet to contend for all of these people. I hate all the heartache. Praying for healing over all of them right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. It means so much!

      Delete
  6. Cheryl, I can't believe that I didn't mention Baby Obed in my post! I could just slap myself! There are just so many to pray for. I prayed for Baby Obed while reading several of your previous posts. He will be in my prayers too.
    Connie has improved!!!!!! Thank God! Mickey said that she is talking. I'm not sure what the doctors did to her trachea vent, but they have put a valve or something on it and she is able to talk. He said that her mental state is clear! She sat up on the side of the bed this afternoon! I am amazed! I thank everyone for fasting and praying! I can't wait to see how she looks and acts the next time I visit her. I hope I can visit again Saturday!
    Did you read the post about my grandson and his mama? Thank God that both of them were not injured in a car accident yesterday.
    Love you, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sweet friend, PLEASE don't feel bad or worry about that....I didn't think a thing about it. God knows how overloaded all of our brains are and how many burdens we all carry. And about Connie, PRAISE GOD!!!!!! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!! I am just SO encouraged over this news. I just believe God is going to bring her all the way through this. What a testimony she will have afterwards!!! Wow, this is such wonderful news. I did read that post about your grandson and his mama. Praise God for taking care of them and keeping His angels around them. He is SO faithful! I am sure it was your faithful prayers for them that were being answered, also. Love you, too, dear friend.

      Delete
  7. Cheryl, I meant to write in my previous comment that ALL of these precious people will be in my prayers. It's been a long day and my brain is tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for carrying a burden and praying for these needs.

      Delete
  8. I will keep all of them in my prayers and I'm so glad to hear that Max and Makeya are continuing to make progress! God bless all of them and their families as well as you Cheryl for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it is just so wonderful to see God's hand in all of these miracles. I know He is not finished, and there will be more miracles to come. Thank you so much for every prayer you pray. God bless you for all of your love and support.

      Delete
  9. Cheryl...thank you for allowing your blog to be a place of prayer for those in need. I will add their names to our prayer list and lift them up. We serve a great God who can do great things. Thank you for the updates and for faithfully linking up at Monday's Musings so we are aware of these needs. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Naomi. I cannot thank you enough for adding these names to your prayer list and helping to carry these burdens to the Lord in prayer. I so appreciate your weekly link-up and the consistent encouragement you are to me. God bless you richly!

      Delete
  10. You have such a huge heart, Cheryl. I am praying for each of these now...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many hurting people in our families and those around us - at church and other places too. May God in compassion reach out and touch these dear ones that have our hearts so heavily burdened. Grant those who pray to receive strength and comfort to understand that you, oh God, know the beginning (why) and the end (answer.) Thank you for sharing at "Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete