Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Baby Obed Is Hospitalized; Update on Jimmy Neff, Lauren Hill, & Connie Flanders; & 2 New Prayer Requests

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
James 5:16
(KJV)

As we enter into this joyful, blessed month of December, 
my heart is filled with Thanksgiving to God for sending us His beyond-precious Son...
not to live a self-seeking human life,
not to indulge in the finer things earth has to offer,
not to simply blend in with humanity and leave us unchanged,
but to seek the lost ones, to live life as a servant, to feel every imaginable facet of our pain,
to make a perpetually hope-infused difference, 
and to bring about the most profound positive impact our world has ever seen.

Life forever changed when B.C. became A.D.

Jesus was that change...personified.
It is all because of Him.

B.C. (Before Christ) became A.D. (Medieval Latin phrase "Anno Domini" or in its entirety "Anno Domini Nostri lesu Christi" meaning, "In the Year of our Lord Jesus Christ"),
the moment Jesus entered our earthly world as a human being.
There is a common misconception that the meaning of A.D. is "after the death of Jesus",
but the true, factual meaning has to do with the time of His birth.

We celebrate that monumental event this month, and I don't know about you,
but it fills my heart with an unspeakable happiness, because...
"The angel said unto them, Fear not:  
for, behold I bring you good tidings of great joy,
which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior,
which is Christ the Lord."
Luke 2:11, 12

I find it hard not to add several explanation marks to the end of that last statement!
It is the most glorious proclamation of all time!
And, yes, I believe it should be celebrated!!!
With all our hearts and souls!!

The Messiah came, and now we have a blessed hope of eternal life with Him in Heaven!

How I love Him!
How I thank Him for leaving the splendors of Heaven and coming to this earth
in the most humble way imaginable, 
for the sole purpose of becoming the sacrifice necessary to redeem my guilty soul,
by means of the most excruciating, humiliating, horrific death known to man.

I will forever be indebted to Him,
will forever worship and adore Him...
not just at the time of year that we celebrate His birth,
but every moment that I live and breathe.

Midst all of the joy and celebration,
my heart is saddened and goes out to the ones who are enduring severe tests, trials, and afflictions.
There are so many who need fervent prayer, at this time.

God is the God of all comfort.  (2 Corinthians 1:3)
He is the God Who never changes.  (I Samuel 15:29)
"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."  Hebrews 13:8
His grace is sufficient to cover every need.  (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Below are a few updates and a brand-new prayer request.
How it saddens me that I have no good news to report this time!
I will warn you ahead of time that this post is a lot less upbeat than I would have liked it to be,
and the burdens are heavy.
Believing God for better news in the days to come!

**********************************************************************

Jimmy Neff is worsening and has been hospitalized for several weeks.


He was able to come home for Thanksgiving, but is not doing well
and had to be taken back to the hospital over the weekend.
Your continued prayers for him and his family and loved ones are surely appreciated.

To read previous posts about Jimmy, click on the updates below.

*************************************************************************
Baby Obed is not doing well and is also in the hospital.
Poor, little guy.


I am inserting the latest updates from his Daddy, Travis, here...

From a few days ago...

"Obed is being admitted to Dayton Children’s tomorrow morning.  
The cardiologist said he should only be in for 2-5 days.  
They will try to supplement his feedings for ~48 hours, but if they’re not seeing the desired weight gain, they’ll have to give him a feeding tube which will prolong his stay.
Thank again for all of your prayers. They truly mean so much to me and my family."

And yesterday...

"Obed and Karissa are still at the hospital. 
They’ve been there since 10:30am Wednesday. 
They ended up giving him a feeding tube on Thursday.  
He is also connected to a pump for 14 hours every night. 
The pump slowly puts milk/formula into his stomach throughout the night.  
They would like him to have 40ml per hour.  
They had originally started him on regular Similac, but switched to Alimentum due to some discomfort he was experiencing.
Last night he was at 20ml/hr.  I expect them to increase that a bit more tonight…"

Definitely, not the news we had hoped to hear, but nothing is a surprise to God.
He has His eye on little Obed, and I believe with all my heart, 
He will see him through this.

Please continue to pray for the Divine miracle Obed needs,
and pray for his parents, siblings, and all who love him and feel concern for him.

To read previous posts about Baby Obed, click on the updates below.

*******************************************************************
I heard from my cousin, Julie, and she asked that I post an update on Lauren Hill.



It sounds like her condition is weakening, and she is not doing very well.

You can read the latest update on her by clicking here.

I am still believing God for Lauren's miracle,
while trusting that He will give her family peace,
regardless of the outcome.
Please continue to pray for Lauren and her loved ones.

To read previous posts about Lauren, click on the updates below.

2nd POST,
3rd POST.

*************************************************************

Taylor McGinnis is a precious, little 5 year old girl who is battling leukemia.


Please pray for God to heal this dear child and allow her to live to grow up.
There is nothing too hard for God!

******************************************************************
Connie Flanders has taken several turns for the worse since the last update here.


It is hard to imagine, but Connie has been in the hospital for almost three months,
since being admitted on September 15th!
She has suffered one disappointing setback after another.
She is scheduled to have surgery on December 12th.
Please keep Connie, her husband, Mickey, their two daughters, Sydney and Christin,
and all other family members and loved ones in your continued prayers.

To read previous posts about Connie, click on the updates below.


*****************************************************************
Mom and Dad Smith of "The Love Of A Lifetime",
and "It's Just A Storm",
and "Granny's Kitchen",
and "Beauty On The Inside" fame,
are both failing and in much need of prayer.


Mom S. has had two operations within the past several weeks,
then had to be hospitalized for several days for an entirely unrelated-to-the-surgeries issue.
Bless their dear hearts, they are really struggling to hold on to their independence and keep going.
We would greatly appreciate your prayers for them and for our whole family, at this time of uncertainty and impending transition.

********************************************************************

In the hustle and bustle and busyness of the season,
let's not forget to pray for those who are unable to participate and enjoy it.
The above mentioned and many others are depending on you and me to pray them through!

"And let us not be weary in well doing:  for in due season, we shall reap, if we faint not."
Galatians 6:9
(KJV)

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:2
(KJV)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your prayers mean SO much!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, Cheryl. This news is burdensome, but I'm glad to know about it. It helps my prayers be especially specific. But I feel sad. Poor baby Obed, too. All I can see is that precious smiling face of his. I believe that the best thing we can do, and the thing that God would have us do, is to pray for a miracle for each of these dear souls. But, no matter what, God will indeed heal each and every one - it is His will whether He does it in this lifetime or the next. AND, it is because of that child born in Bethlehem so many centuries ago that we have the hope of eternal life. This is how we can bear these sad burdens. We know that He will carry us through the pain and suffering, and He will one day wipe away every single tear.

    By His wounds we are comforted in ours, and through His resurrection all these trials will be redeemed for glory!

    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise His dear name, He will send healing in the way that is best for each one. Of course, we can only see this side of things and hope for more time and complete healing in this life. But, ultimately, we know it is all in His hands, and He is working all things together for the good of each one involved. It saddens my heart so much, too. Thank you so much for your dear, comforting words and for being such a consistent encourager to me! Much love to you, sweet friend!

      Delete
  3. These all make me sad, but poor little Obed is the one that really gets to me. I have such a soft spot for babies. And to see that happy look on his face in that picture...it just makes my heart break to know he's sick. I will certainly be praying for all of these people. I know that next time, you will have some happy news to share with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it just hurts right down to the core of my heart to think that sweet, little guy is suffering like this. He is so precious. Your prayers are so appreciated! Thank you so much for always being there and for your love, compassion, and concern. I am praying for you often! Much love to you and your family.

      Delete
  4. Cheryl,
    Because of your blog, I dearly love all of these people. Like I said in my post about Connie and Taylor, we can't begin to imagine the great things God is orchestrating through all of this. His wisdom is unfathomable. His ways are ALWAYS JUST. Wow! try to wrap your mind around that truth. The more I want to cry for these precious people, the more I want to praise and glorify the Lord. I can't explain that. All I know is we need to pray and we need to trust in God's infinite wisdom.
    I am also praying for you, Dear Cheryl. Here you have typed all of this with your hurt and infected finger. You need a spiritual and physical soak in the Holy Spirit. I pray that you will be pure baptized(immersed) with such a rejuvenation.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you SO much, precious friend! I am bumbling my way through!! LOL!! My, you don't realize how important one member of your body is...until it is unable to perform its duty. Hmmmm....sounds like a blog post to me! LOL! I haven't had time to come over and read your latest, so will hop over there now. Love and appreciate you!!

      Delete
  5. You give these people, that would be otherwise unknown, a platform to show them and share their stories. Even though the stories are sad they're still stories that need to be told. I think miracles come in all sorts of forms. Even in a sad story there could still be a miracle happening, siblings coming together, someone making a Dr appt for a loved one or themselves, maybe even someone beginning to pray. Whatever it is we should all be encouraged through their stories. All that they're going through they have a better attitude then some other people I know....thank you for continuing to share all these updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Serena! Yes, there are certainly miracles going on, even though we can't see them all. You are so right...I love the thoughts you shared here! May God bless you and your family with a Merry Christmas! Much love to you, sweet friend. :)

      Delete