Monday, January 5, 2015

Eleven Things Worth Fighting For & NEW Prayer Request Added at End

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."
Colossians 3:2
(KJV)

Sounds of Julie Andrews singing, "A Few Of My Favorite Things" is still echoing in my head,
long after Christmas has come and gone!!



(Click here, if video doesn't load)

I thought it would be fun to share a few of 
my own personal favorite things causes...
undertakings that I passionately believe are worth fighting for.



Before you proceed, let me issue two warnings and two reasons.
Warning #1.  I get pretty "fired up" about these eleven things.
and #2.  I apologize, but this is a very long post!
Reason #1.  I really, really care about and believe in these things...very deeply.
and #2.  I just couldn't seem to condense it and still say all that was in my heart.

So, here's my little soap box,
and here's me stepping onto it!!

1.  Jesus Christ
His Kingdom,
keeping Him front and center,
making His will my own,
fighting for holiness and righteousness in this present world,
contending for faith in Him,
defending His Word,
glorifying Him and endeavoring to please Him.
His approval means absolutely everything to me,
and His holy cause is very near and dear to my heart.
Seeing Him scorned, hearing His name profaned and used irreverently,
observing the way the true meaning of Christmas is ignored,
and watching the sacrifice He made for our sins be tossed aside, disregarded, and unappreciated,
literally breaks my heart and brings me to tears time after time.
I honestly love and adore Him more than I can say.

2.  Prayer
I find I need it more and more.
I don't know what I would do without it.
To think that I have the privilege...an open invitation...
to approach the throne of Heaven anytime I need or want to
is hard for me to grasp sometimes.
Two-way communion with God is one of the most cherished parts of my day.
It saddens me greatly to know the children in our schools are no longer aloud to publicly pray,
and it makes me even sadder to see the results of that very unwise decision.
Our children need to know how to pray.
They need to see us, as Mamas and Daddies, on our knees in prayer...for them,
for our families, our marriages, our country, and the Body of Christ.
They need to know that when crises arise, when funds are low, when sickness strikes,
when problems overwhelm,
falling to our knees is our most natural, automatic reaction
and is the very first resource we seek for refuge and help.
A steady, consistent prayer life is one of the most vital components in the life of a Christian.
I will never be able to thank God enough that I had diligently praying parents
and that they taught me to pray from my first moment of remembrance.
After Dad died, Mom spent countless hours in prayer.
No matter what time I called her, it seemed I would "catch" her during a season of prayer.
I know that many of those prayers were for my four siblings and me,
our families, our homes, and our problems.
I cannot begin to express how much I miss those faithful prayers now.
Oh, the times I have longed to pick up the phone and dial her number and say,
"Mom, will you please pray for me...or for Kevin...or for Zach?"
Dear Lord, sometimes the pain of missing her and Dad is nearly too much!
They never accumulated much in the way of riches and worldly goods,
but they left behind something far more precious than gold.
They taught me how to pray.
Now that I am a mother, I want Zachary to remember his Mama as a woman of fervent prayer.
May he sees those prayers answered by a loving Father Who loves him even more than Kevin and I do.
One of the most touching things I regularly experience, as a mother,
is watching Zachary take his Bible out every morning and tell me he is going to his room to have his devotions.
He often comes out later and says, "Mama, the Lord spoke to me while I was praying!"
There is such wonder in his eyes!
How I praise God that he is establishing his very own prayer life and finding that same, sweet communion with God that I enjoy so much!
This foundation will carry him through life, whatever the future brings.
God bless him!

3.  Marriage
Have you ever seen or heard of such a disposable society?
For most things that are solid and permanent in our modern world, 
there is an alternative that is disposable.
Disposable is just easier.
It is more convenient.
It requires less effort and energy.
Many times, it is a time saver.
So, when given the choice, we often opt for the throw-away version.
Paper plates, instead of the dishes in our cupboard.
Plastic cups and utensils, instead of the ones we have on hand.
Paper napkins, paper towels, disposable diapers, instead of cloth ones that can be washed and reused.
Disposable batteries, instead of rechargeable ones.
Tissues, instead of old-timey handkerchiefs.
Disposable cameras and razors, instead of permanent ones.
Disposable and short-lived has become a way of life for us.
The products are filling up our landfills and doing a number on our environment and eco-system.
Some of these things take a long time, even years, to decompose.
But, we do what feels good for the moment, 
often not taking into account the long-term consequences and repercussions.
We have become a non-stop busy society,
and because of this, we understandably try to take the easy way out every time we can.
Sad to say, we often go into the more important parts of life,
such as into something as serious as marriage, with the same mindset.
Marriage used to be approached with a great deal of thought and consideration.
It used to be regarded as a sacred commitment that was expected to be kept for a lifetime.
"Til death do us part", was taken very seriously, and the words were spoken solemnly
and with conviction.
The decision of saying "yes" to a marriage proposal used to be something that had been carefully thought out and considered ahead of time.
Men used to ask girls' fathers' permission, approaching the whole marriage scene with reverence.
So, how did we get to the point that our young people are approaching weddings as mere social events and walking into matrimony with words like, 
"Oh, well, if it doesn't work out, we'll go our separate ways, and find someone else"?
In the Bible, God uses marriage as a visual representation of the sacred relationship 
between Jesus Christ and His Church.
The Church is referred to as His bride, now physically separated from Him,
but one day to be joined with Him forever in Heaven.
(Revelation 21:2, Revelation 19:7-9) 
The fact that God chose a marital union as the thing He wanted to use to portray His relationship with us leads me to believe that He takes marriage very seriously.
Life is not easy.
Sometimes it piles on problem after problem until we feel we are snowed under, 
with no hope of coming out from under the load.
Those moments often work as triggers to our "fight or flight" responses,
and in those times, we are tempted to flee stressful scenes.
We buy into the lie that marriage is not worth fighting for,
that it is better to take the easy way out, throw up our hands,
and give in to defeat.
The problems will be there, so pulling away and apart from each other will not solve anything.
Life is not easy, any way you slice it, but it is a lot harder to face when you are alone.
The truth is marriage is SO worth the effort it takes to hold on to.
Kevin and I were just talking the other day about how thankful we are that he remembers my parents,
that we can look back together and recall so many things that have happened through the years,
that we understand each other when we reminisce, because much of what we are reflecting on has been experienced together.
I was 21 when I walked down the aisle and said "I do".
I am now 48, so I have been married for more than half of my life.
Looking back, I cannot express how wonderful the journey has been.
Looking ahead, I cannot imagine how many blessings God still has in store for us.
Life has thrown us some very difficult, unusual, breath-knocking curves,
but knowing we were building it together, not alone,
has brought more solace than I could ever put into words.
There is just something so comforting about sticking it out with the same person.
It is such a beautiful thing to watch the union of souls that happens over a long period of being together and to literally experience what it means for two to become one.
"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow:  but woe to him that is alone when he falleth;
for he hath not another to help him up."
Ecclesiastes 4:9,10
Marriage is absolutely worth fighting for.
It touches Kevin and me when we are having family worship,
and we hear Zachary praying for the girl he will one day marry and asking God to lead him to her.
May he always feel the weight of the sanctity of marriage,
and may God direct him to the right girl when it is time.

4.  Motherhood
I will never forget the moment the midwife placed Zachary into my arms.
After 12 1/2 years of marriage/infertility and 15 1/2 hours of hard labor waiting for him,
I was physically and emotionally spent,
but every fiber of my being came instantly alive when I looked down into the face
of the sweetest miracle I had ever seen.
Becoming and living life as Zachary's Mama is hands-down one of the greatest gifts and joys
God has ever bestowed upon my life.
Everyday with him, watching him grow, seeing the changes, walking through life with him in our home...the whole parenting journey are things that Kevin and I thank God for every, single day.
One of the most precious parts of motherhood is the reality
of assisting God in the making of a miracle.
From the time I was a little girl, my biggest dreams were to be a wife and a mother.
To have someone to call me "mama" is the sweetest sound I've ever heard.
Before I became a mother and experienced the whole childbearing miracle,
I had a deep love for children.
But after living through nine months of pregnancy,
natural childbirth,
and the daily, ongoing, wondrous beauty of raising such a precious Heaven-sent gift,
I have an even deeper love for them.
To think that someone would or even could willfully abuse or wound
one of these fragile, God-sent angels is hard to comprehend.
Born or unborn, they are living human beings who deserve the chance to live,
to be protected, to be loved and cherished.
You know, it never ceases to amaze me how the liberal-minded are so intent on saving whales,
rescuing stray animals, and preserving wildlife,
yet, they adamantly fight for the right to kill unborn human babies!
How can this be even remotely perceived as humane????
Don't get me wrong.
I am all FOR saving all of God's creatures and making sure every stray dog, cat, and hamster finds a loving forever home.
These causes are noble, they are right, and they should be promoted.
But, tell me, when did a baby stop being classified as a noble, defendable cause?
Since when is a baby not one of God's creatures?
How is it that it is wrong to kill a mink for its fur,
but it is politically correct and justifiable to kill a baby because it was conceived "by mistake"?
Who will rise in their defense?
Who will take up the cause of the over 50 million human babies murdered before they had a chance to breathe or look into their mama's eyes or feel their Daddy's arms pulling them close?
It just flabbergasts me that a mother will be prosecuted for the murder of her newly-born baby,
but had she made the same "choice" a few weeks before, it would have been perfectly legal.
Every child is beyond precious, and God has a unique design for its life.
To take matters into one's own hands, ending a child's life, is to thwart God's plan.
If you have a child of your own, hug him/her a little tighter.
Show a little more patience.
Give a little more love.
And know that there are many who would give anything they own to be standing in your shoes.
Which brings me to #5.

5.  Infertility
Okay, so I already said we had waited for 12 1/2 years to have Zachary.
My health issues prevented it, and to be honest, no one still knows how it happened,
other than it was a Divine-intervention miracle.
According to my physical condition and diagnosis, it wasn't possible.
But, Jesus said,
"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."
Luke 18:27
Praise His name!
I follow a few infertility blogs of ladies God has brought across my path over the past year or so.
My heart goes out to each of them with deep compassion, because I know how they feel.
I once stood in their shoes.
My arms were once empty...and ached.
My womb was once barren...and empty.
There is nothing in the world to describe the pain of being a woman who is not able to conceive or to carry a baby full-term.
NOTHING.
I felt so inadequate, like such a failure, knowing I could not "do" the one thing a woman's body was designed to do.
I dealt with so much depression and so many issues, and though I have the sweetest husband alive
and our life together is wonderful, there was a deep, aching void that only a child could fill.
I want to share with you the blogs I follow, so you can get to know them, too.
I pray for these ladies on a regular basis,
that God will heal their barrenness and send them babies of their own.
I hope you will make a commitment to do the same.
"He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children.
Praise ye the Lord."
Psalm 113:9
Lisa at Amateur Nester,
Caroline at In Due Time,
Elisha at Waiting For Baby Bird,
Amber at Amber Under Construction,
Katie at A Hundred Affections,
(Katie is now expecting twins, praise God!
Please pray for a smooth, safe, full-term pregnancy and healthy babies!),
and another dear one whose mother I have come to "know" in blogland.
I only know her as "Amy", and I pray for her often.
There are many others, but these are ones God has introduced me to in recent months.
Lisa, at Amateur Nester, was so kind to publish Kevin's & My Infertility Testimony last January.
If you would like to read it, click HERE, to be re-directed to Lisa's blog.

6.  Homeschooling
While I know it is not a perfect fit for every family,
the cause of homeschooling is very precious to me.
It was a choice that we knew God wanted us to make from the moment we found out we were expecting a child.
Actually, it feels more like a calling than just a choice we have made.
Homeschooling allows us to be careful stewards over what infiltrates Zachary's life...
from being able to control which curriculum is imposed upon him
to the ability of making sure Scripture is strongly represented in his education.
It provides flexibility in our schedule and opens up many learning opportunities
that would not be available to him otherwise.
But the very best part of homeschooling, to me, is the one-on-one time I get to spend with him every day...the moments I have his undivided attention and we really connect are beyond precious to me.
I pray every, single day that God will preserve our freedom to homeschool
and that He will always allow us to choose our own curriculum.
What a gift!


7.  Home & Family
Home sweet home!
How I love and cherish it!
I love to keep it clean and care for every nook and cranny and make it shine.
I so enjoy primitives and antiques and fitting them into the decorating of the home God has lent to us.
But, it isn't just the wooden beams, walls, floor, and decor that calls to me.
It isn't so much a building at all.
It is that sense of belonging...
that I am accepted and a part of a unified unit...
of feeling that I am at ease...
that I can be who I am without the need for pretense, facades, or trying to meet someone else's expectations,
of knowing I am safe and loved and with the ones I love more than anyone on earth.
Over the past year or so, the three of us have done a lot of traveling.
There have been times we have been gone for up to a few weeks at a time,
and while packing before leaving home,
I have often wondered how I would stand being away for so long.
I just love home so much!
But, I have found, time after time, that it isn't so much where I am...
but who I'm with that makes me feel "at home".
We have learned that it doesn't really matter if our clothes come from a dresser drawer or from a suitcase, and many times, we don't need everything we think we do.
We are learning to travel lighter, as we go, and to cherish every second together,
no matter where we happen to be.
Home is definitely where the heart is.
And family...how precious it is!
Never before has the entity of family been under such attack.
Never before has satan tried harder to undermine, sabotage, and annihilate the strength and stability of the family unit.
Children are suffering because of it.
In God's beautiful and perfect design, little ones are raised in a secure, loving, nurturing environment,
in which both Mama and Daddy are physically and emotionally present and hands-on in their everyday lives, and both parents love, defend, nurture, and protect.
When Daddy is missing or Mama is disengaged, a vacuum is created,
leaving the family picture incomplete and fractured.
Family is important.
Immediate, extended, blended, or whatever family God has given you,
it is vital and necessary to your life.
Don't neglect it or the ones who make it up.
There is no promise of life.
We have to seize opportunities to live and care and love while they are within our grasp.
I want to introduce you to three of my favorite champions of the cause of God's vision of family.
To me, they are absolutely worthy of our prayers, backing, and financial support.
If you click on the name, you will be re-directed to their website.
Focus On The Family,
American Family Association,
and Family Research Council.
Each one of these organizations put their heart and soul into fighting for the preciousness and sacredness of everything family is and means.
They are on the front lines fighting the good fight day after day,
doing all they can to reinforce and support the sacred cause of family.

8.  America
Oh, America!
 I weep for you!
Were I a prophet from long ago, my clothing would be sackcloth.
I picture our Lord seated above one of your cities as He sat over Jerusalem,
more than likely weeping,
repeating the words He mournfully spoke so many years ago,
"O, Jerusalem, Jerusalem...how often would I have gathered thy children together,
as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings,
and ye would not!"
Luke 13:34
How many more million babies will be aborted before God says it is enough?
If the blood of Abel cried out from the ground and reached the ears of God
after he was murdered by his own brother's hand,
how must the cries of the unborn now ascend to His hearing?
Dear Lord, how far we have drifted!
Removing prayer from our schools and the Ten Commandments from our court houses,
is like pulling the foundation out from under a standing building.
Do we honestly think that if we remove His commandments from our sight,
if we tune out His voice,
if we forbid our children from praying,
that we will somehow subjugate God, making Him conform to our lawlessness?
Do we foolishly believe that if we pretend He isn't there, He and His Holy Word will just go away?

9.  The Elderly
Lately, I have been missing Mom and Dad so much.
I miss being around older people.
They are so wise, and they have so much to contribute.
There is something very comforting and secure about being with an elderly person.
It saddens me to see how they are often dismissed and undervalued in our modern world
and how the younger generation seems to have lost a lot of their sense of regard for them.
They are a priceless gift that should never be ignored or cast aside as unnecessary or irrelevant.
They still feel.
They have emotions.
They hurt.
Just because they are calloused, wrinkled, worn, and confused doesn't mean they aren't alive
or that they don't notice impatience, abuse, slights, insults, and rude treatment.
They already feel like a burden, so they don't need to be reminded.
One day, we will all walk in their footsteps, if God spares our lives that long.
Shouldn't we treat them the way we hope to be treated?
They have SO much to give.
Shouldn't we take the time to allow them to?
I love sitting down to talk with an elderly person.
To be able to listen to their stories and glean from their wisdom is a treasure.
There are many passages in the Bible that refer to how we are to care for and respect the elderly,
two of my favorite ones being...
"Thou shalt rise up before the hoary (gray) head, and honor the face of the old man,
and fear thy God:  I am the LORD."
Leviticus 19:32 
and
"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder.
Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility:
for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."
I Peter 5:5
Treating the elderly with due respect and consideration is something that is close to God's heart.
It should be close to ours, too.

10.  Advocacy
I have a real problem with injustice.
It "just" doesn't sit right with me.
I have felt its sting more times than I care to recall.
The scars it leaves behind linger all through life and never go away,
constantly reminding of past inflicted pain.
Maybe that is why I take injustice to heart so much and am so intent on taking it on.
Standing in the gap is something I feel called and overwhelmingly compelled to do.
Championing the cause of children, the elderly, downtrodden, underdog, unchampioned, defenseless, and those in need of prayer is a calling for me and one that I cannot seem to ignore.
Isn't that what Jesus did and continually does?
He is our Advocate.
He went to the cross for us, not for His Own sins, but for mine...and yours.
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous..."
I John 2:1
Homespun Devotions is here, not to promote me, my agenda, or selfish ambitions,
but to promote HIM and to serve as a platform for His cause and the cause of those who need a voice.



11.  Benevolence
Outreach.
Kindness.
Charity.
Meeting the needs of others.
Giving generously.
Jesus said,
"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren,
ye have done it unto Me."
Matthew 25:40
and
"Freely ye have received, freely give."
Matthew 10:8
Doing what Jesus would do.
"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power:
who went about doing good..."
Acts 10:38
The word "benevolence" literally means
"desire to do good to others,
goodwill,
charitableness,
an act of kindness".
I have a deep longing to make this world a better place,
to leave every situation better than the way I found it,
to smile and love and spread goodness,
to perform at least one random act of kindness every day.
I think the most important ones to bestow this kindness upon are
the ones who live within the walls of my own home.
My husband deserves my benevolence.
Our son merits my benevolence.
Only when their needs are met and after I have poured sufficient effort into kind treatment of them
should my goodwill and benevolence flow beyond to the outside.
I want to make a positive difference in both of their lives.
I want to serve them and do all I can for them because I love both of them with more love than my heart can hold.
The more charity I can show and give at home, the more filled we, as a family, will be to love others.
The Apostle Paul said,
"I have shewed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak,
and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said,
It is more blessed to give than to receive."
Acts 20:35
We are so abundantly blessed.
"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over."
Psalm 23:5
I don't want to hoard the overflow.
I want to share it and allow it to spill over into the lives of those I meet.
God is so faithful to orchestrate opportunities for benevolent acts.
May we always be aware, observant, and in tune with His prompts,
when He presents them!
Many times, after we have walked away from one of these Divine encounters,
Zachary will say, "Mama, Daddy, that was an assignment!"
He recognizes it clearly.
This is the way we are to live life.
Not selfishly.
It is not about me...or us.
It is all about Him...and others.

I close this post with a story that is probably familiar to at least some of you.
In my googling, trying to find a detailed account of it,
the Lord led me to this wonderful post at deeperchristian.com.
After receiving permission from N R Johnson, I am copying it here.

"It was Christmas Eve, 1910. General William Booth, the founder of The Salvation Army in London, England was near the end of his life. His health was poor, and he was going to be unable to attend the Army’s annual convention. Booth had become an invalid, and his eyesight was failing him. No one knew that he would not live to see another Christmas.
Somebody suggested that General Booth send a telegram or a message to be read at the opening of the convention as an encouragement to the many soldiers of the Salvation Army that would be in attendance following Christmas and their many hours of labor ministering to so many others through the holidays and the cold winter months. Booth agreed to do so.
Knowing that funds were limited and desiring not to use any more money than necessary so that as much money as possible could be used to help the many people in need, General Booth decided to send a one word message. He searched his mind and reviewed his years of ministry, looking for the one word that would summarize his life, the mission of the Army and encourage the others to continue on.
When the thousands of delegates met, the moderator announced that Booth would not be able to be present because of failing health and eyesight. Gloom and pessimism swept across the floor of the convention. Then, the moderator announced that Booth had sent a message to be read with the opening of the first session. He opened the telegram and read the one word message:

Others.
General Booth."


Need I say more?



PLEASE pray earnestly for this prayer request I received last night...
"His name is Emmett Marks. He has been in the hospital since New Years Eve and has the flu and pneumonia. He has weak lungs and is very weak and very sick and not responding well to anything regarding his breathing. Now co2 levels are dangerously high."  UPDATE 01/08/14 @ 3:33 PM - Praise Report!!!!!
"Emmett has shown great improvement!
Still has a long way to go. But definitely showing improvement and much better then he was when admitted."  PRAISE GOD!!!  Please keep praying!!

UPDATE 01/11/14 - Praise Report!!!
Emmett has been released from the hospital, praise God!  Your prayers are most appreciated!!


28 comments:

  1. Great post! :) I agree with everything said here. I am so against abortion. It makes me so angry! I wish I could save all the babies. I love babies! And just think of the people they could've grown into! I also love talking to the elderly. I was very close to my maternal grandparents. My grandma died years ago, and my grandpa died 2 years ago. So many times, the boys and I will be discussing something and I'll say, "I wish Grandpa was still here. He would know." They have SO much wisdom!

    I also always felt so called to homeschool--even before we had any children! I just knew in my heart it was the right thing to do. In a nutshell, the world needs more Jesus, more family and less modern society. Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you lost your grandpa! I know you miss him. God bless and comfort you in those moments! YES, more Jesus!!! That is what we all need. :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and tremendous post!! Thank you for sharing with us and inspiring us! You are truly a light in the world, praise God He saw fit to use you this way...
    Many Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Beth! What a sweet, encouraging comment! You brightened my day...a LOT! God bless you richly in return!!! May your new year be filled with health and happiness. :)

      Delete
  3. Cheryl, you *wear* a soapbox very well! Truly, your words speak like no others, and we are wise to listen to what God has laid upon your heart. Each of your causes, your heartbeat concerns, are vitally important. How far all of us have fallen short, and how far our country has strayed. Would that the Lord would bring revival - starting in each individual heart, starting in my own.

    Some things are definitely worth fighting for - and your list represents what should be our top priorities. May God inflame us with fervor and zeal for the things that are truly important.

    Starting, of course, with the primacy of having HIM be Number One!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your dear words, support, encouragement, and friendship. I can't thank God enough for allowing our paths to cross and permitting us to walk this Christian walk together. Even though there are many miles between us, the bond in Christ is strong. I can't thank you enough for reading and understanding what is on my heart! Much love to you, dear friend.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post! I am in total agreement with you on all of this. Also, I think Zachary is a treasure! I hate that I missed meeting all of you at the hospital that day. If the Lord tarries, I pray that Lea will marry a man like Zachary. What a comfort that would be for me. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.3 John 1:4. In the world we live in, it is so important to pray about our children's future spouses and to instruct them that they need to do the same.
    God bless.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, sweet friend. I can't tell you how thankful to the dear Lord I am that He sent us this dear son after waiting for so long. I often tell him that in the Bible, when a woman was barren, then God opened her womb and sent her a son, He always had a special purpose for his life (Hannah/Samuel, Elizabeth/John the Baptist, Rachel/Joseph, etc.) I hope Lea will find a man of God. She sounds like such a sweet girl and deserving of that. I know God has someone special for both of our children, if they will only wait upon Him and His perfect will. YES, I wish so bad we could have met that day at the hospital. I feel like I have known you already for years!!! I am hoping that God will orchestrate another trip there, so we can meet, or that He will work it out some other way, if it is His will. If not, I know I will recognize you in Heaven some sweet day!!! Love and appreciate you so much!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jo! You are such a dear, consistent encourager to me! God bless you!!

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed this post...Especially Marriage, homeschooling and Infertility. I prayed for 25 years, 2 months and 8 days for a baby. He was laid in my arms at 20 minutes old. A miracle from the minute we met the birth mother until 7 months later when he was ours! I may never know this side of heaven why God kept me waiting. But my joy is complete! My story and blog living life with a 5 year old at 50 is at www.awomanblessed.weebly.com Desiree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless your dear heart!! I am SO happy you have your sweet baby!!!! That is just wonderful. I so appreciate your visit and kind remarks. I am coming over now to read your wonderful story!!!! God is SO awesome. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Cheryl, as I begun to read I was not expecting the list you wrote, but, LOVE IT! These are certainly HEART favourites. I think I may make a list of my own. I also think the perspective of your favourites is an eye opener for me anyway. One thinks of one's favourite things in terms of what pleases "ME" Your list is selfless. Your list is Prov 31! Great encouragement here!
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for your sweet visit and kind words, Tracy! I am always so blessed when you come by. I hope you make your own list...I would love to read it, should you choose to post it! God bless you richly!

      Delete
  8. I agree with all of these 11 things, homeschooling included. :) Your passion was felt in every word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you stopped by, Rachel, and I can't thank you enough for the encouragement you left behind!! God bless you in a special way. :)

      Delete
  9. All eleven of your "Things worth fighting for" and things we all should take heart to. Exception would be home schooling as it would not apply to me (grown children) and a few other parents. From your post and what I see about your boy Zach, I am reminded of the young child Samuel in the Bible and how God spoke to him the first time, and then habitually. Thank you for your Inspiring story posted with us here at "Tell me a True Story."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, have thought of Samuel so many times, in relation to Zach. How Hannah was barren, etc. It is a wonderful blessing. God is SO good! So thankful for your visit today, Hazel. You are an encouragement to me!

      Delete
  10. Cheryl - I love your list and and those items on the list are becoming more and more important even while they become less appreciated. With all of the issues with my parents the last couple of months.... Dad's surgery, caring for Mom, rehab and etc... I have seen first hand how so many do not appreciate older people... and are ready to give up on them... as not worthy of attention, help or even courtesy. So different from what God's Word says about honoring and learning from the aged. Thank you for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, We went through SO much with my dear mother's medical care and her being treated like someone "less than" simply because of her age. My heart goes out to you in your current trials with your parents' health. I have walked that path and know how difficult it is. May God bless you and give you the strength you need and the courage to be your parents' advocate. They need you now more than ever.

      Delete
  11. Dearest Cheryl, you are such a might woman and I feel such oneness when I stop over here. Every point you have is important in our lives and family. Thank you for sharing your heart with us at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Terri! Your precious words encouraged me SO much! I praise God for you and the consistent blessing you are to me. May He bless you abundantly. :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful post! Thank you so much for your honesty and openness and also for linking up with Tuesday Talk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Becky! I so appreciate your sweet visit and comments. :) God bless you.

      Delete
  13. Cheryl...I think we are kindred souls. Your list is my list. Thank you for sharing at Monday's Musings. Praying you have a wonderful week dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do believe we are!! I am so thankful for your sweet visit and kind words. God bless you in a special way!! Thank you for the link-up...I always enjoy stopping by your place. :)

      Delete
  14. Hi Cheryl,
    It's me again. I was stopping by to tell you that this post was one of the top posts from my last link up. I featured it this week, and I also mentioned Jimmy in a link and asked for continuing prayers for his family and friends.
    I hope you feel comfort and peace. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Chris!! Thank you SO much. I saw that when I stopped by your blog. I was real tickled about that. And I sure appreciated you posting for prayer for Jimmy's family. They surely need it. So thankful for you and all you do. Love you!

      Delete