Tuesday, January 20, 2015

UPDATES on Baby Obed, Baby Caleb, & Emmett Marks and NEW Prayer Requests

"Be careful (anxious) for nothing:
but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known unto God."
Philippians 4:6
(KJV)

Aren't you thankful God never tires of listening to us?
I thought of that today, as I spent my daily time with Him.
I feel like a broken record....over and over and over again,
I make my requests known unto God, just like the Bible instructs me to do in today's passage.
I do my utmost to do this in an intentional way...
by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving.
Always with thanksgiving.
Because He has done SO much for me.
He has answered so many prayers...I can't even remember them all.

How many times have I hit my knees or just cried out to Him...
when my heart was crushed to bits,
when fear overwhelmed,
when needs were urgent and pressing,
when feelings were raw,
when bereavement from grief was more than I could bear,
when I heard His still, small voice whisper, 
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest"?
(Matthew 11:28)

Oh, the sweetness of His words!
How precious to my soul!
How calming to my rattled nerves and unsettled spirit!

Jesus Christ, my Lord and Master, and the One I love more than I could ever express,
invites me...to come...to Him!
He wants to take this load...these burdens...that are way too heavy for me to carry.
He wants me to release them...into His grasp...so He can untangle the knotted threads
and speak peace to my bedraggled emotions.
This call to come to Him is not just for the ones who seem way more "spiritual" than me,
the ones who seem to have it all together,
who never seem to falter and flail and stumble...
like I do.
Wonder of wonders, this invite is for me.
Not just me....but, did you catch that little three letter word right after "Come unto Me"?
A-L-L.
This is not an exclusive invitation.
We are all invited to come and bow at His nail-scarred feet
and pour out our woes in His arms!
And we don't have to come cowering...terrified of rejection...afraid we aren't good enough....
as Esther had to approach her powerful, intimidating husband, Ahasuerus, the king.
Remember?
The law of the land said, you didn't just walk into the throne room for a friendly chat.
Regardless of the severity of your problem, you didn't just stroll up to the ceremonial  chair and make it known.
If Esther was sad, lonely, homesick, distressed, or desperately longing for her husband,
it wasn't permissible for her to just drop in and run into his noble arms.
There was a specific, definitive protocol that had to be carried out...even by his wife, the queen.
Failure to do so could result in disastrous consequences,
and the potential penalty for such an offense was no laughing matter.
The repercussions for meandering into the throne room, uninvited by the king,
was punishable by...death.
The only thing an uninvited, discovered culprit in the royal chamber could hope for was that the king, by an act of sheer mercy and generosity, would forgive the unwanted intrusion,
and hold out his royal scepter as an outward sign of invitation to come closer to the throne.

Oh, the relief Esther must have felt when she walked, unbidden, into her husband's sovereign chambers, and he extended the scepter to her!
All was well, and she would live!

How blessed we are that we have a perpetual, 24/7, open-ended invitation to...
"...come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy,
and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:16

God's "royal scepter" is continually held out to us,
a welcoming, constant appeal to each and every one of us.
We are always welcome at the feet of Jesus.
What a blessed place to be!

So, I come to you with a petition to join me in the throne room of our Heavenly Father
to present to Him these pressing needs.

***********************************************

BABY OBED



Here's the latest update about one of our favorite little guys from his Daddy, Travis.

"I can’t believe it’s been over a month since the last update - a lot has been happening.  
I apologize for not sending one sooner.

Obed was in the hospital again for 6 days with a respiratory/flu illness over New Years.  
He has recovered fully, which is great since it was pretty scary. 
He had to be on oxygen the whole time in the hospital.

We also have a time-frame for his heart surgery.  
The cardiologist is going to do all new tests and send them to the surgeon in Cincinnati sometime next month.  
We’ll then meet with him and his team again in March to discuss surgery in April.  
He will be 9 months old on April 15th.  
We’re just so thankful Obed has continued to grow and flourish; this should allow for a better recovery after his surgery.  He currently weighs about 11 lbs 3oz (more than double his birth weight-5lb 6oz)!

Thank you all for your patience and continued prayer,

-Travis"

So thankful God took good care of little Obed and brought him safely through another hurdle!
I am still hoping and believing for "no surgery necessary", 
but even if my hopes don't line up with God's will and Obed ends up having to undergo the operation,
I am believing God to pull him through to perfect health.

Please keep praying for Obed and his family.
God is listening to all of those prayers, and they are definitely being answered.
The picture above is perfect proof!

To read previous posts about little Obed, follow these links:
**********************************************
BABY CALEB


Baby Caleb is now home from the hospital and doing SO much better!
Praise our wonderful God!

Now, faithful prayer warriors, I ask that you please pray for Caleb's mother, Kim.
She is facing health issues of her own, along with a biopsy to see whether or not she has cervical cancer.
Please pray for good results for Kim, for continued healing for little Caleb, 
and for God's protection over Caleb's daddy, who is militarily deployed overseas.

***************************************************
EMMETT MARKS

Emmett is home from the hospital, praise God!
He is now on full-time oxygen, but is doing so much better!

***************************************************
MICHAEL LAKE

Please pray for Michael Lake (64), who was hit by a car as he rode a bike in Berkeley, California. 
He has broken ribs, a broken leg, a broken hip, and swelling of the brain.  
He is currently experiencing short term memory loss and has no recollection of the actual accident.
Fortunately, he immediately recognized his sister and her daughter, 
when they walked in to see him at the hospital.
The family is requesting that we keep Michael in our continual prayers.

***************************************************
ANONYMOUS

I received a prayer request for someone who is going through a very hard time,
including difficulties in her marriage.
The load this person carries from day to day is beyond heavy,
and she really needs a lot of prayerful support at this time.

***************************************************
Family of JIMMY NEFF


Please continue to hold my family up in your prayers,
as they walk these lonely days of bereavement in the wake of Jimmy's homegoing.
My sister-in-law, Dorothy (Jimmy's mother),
my brother, David,
Jimmy's siblings, David, Naomi, and Melissa,
his step-sisters, Dorinda and Vicki,
and all others who are missing him and mourning his loss.
God is so faithful to send relief in each moment of heartache.
Jesus was a Man of sorrows and is so well-acquainted with grief.
He is moved with compassion as His children weep.

******************************************************

So, dear friend, what is on your heart tonight?
Are you heavy-laden?
Do you labor, trying to carry a load that is heavier than you can handle alone?
Remember this.
God is seated upon His throne, and His "royal scepter" is extended to you, at all times.
He knows your heart.
He sees your tears.
He understands your fears.
And He cares for you more than you will ever be able to comprehend.
Whatever your heartache, grief, problem, trial, difficulty, or insurmountable feat,
God is there...right where you are.
He invites you to come to Him, not timidly or anxiously, but boldly.
Courageously.
Expectantly.
Anticipating the answer to your prayer.
If you have a specific need you would like us to add to our prayer list,
(whether public or private), please feel free to get in touch with us HERE.
God bless you and meet your every need.

32 comments:

  1. I'm praying for all of them, sister. Thanks for sharing this and your heart.

    I love the story of Esther. God doesn't promise the Valley Of The Shadow Of Death isn't filled with bad things, He just promises to deliver us one way or the other… It's for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are so right, Floyd. Thank you so very much for your prayers and encouragement. God bless you!

      Delete
  2. Cheryl, what a beautiful post. This is a lesson I'd never gleaned from Esther and the imagery of God welcoming me into His throne room and holding out His royal scepter is one that will stick with me always. I'm joining you in prayer for each and every one listed here and for those whose hearts are heavy-laden but haven't spoken up. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful that you enjoyed this post, Tarissa! You were such an encouragement to me today! So thankful you stopped by. God bless you!

      Delete
  3. On Monday, when I was driving down the mountain to come visit my mom, I was listening to the radio and heard a pastor speaking about Esther and the throne room. I love that you wrote about it, too. It really is an amazing thing that we are invited to come to the very feet of God. And live to tell the story!! What an incredible privilege. And you know what?! Once we get there, He LISTENS to us!! :-)

    I am adding these prayers to my list. There are so many of us that are suffering in one way or the other. I believe that we need to pray extra-hard for believers right now. Our enemy is busy. But that just means that God's army is on the move!! Onward, Christian soldiers!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when God does that...when He lets us hear a message or thought and then confirms it with another lesson from another person or article, etc. He is so faithful to get His point across to us! YES, I do believe you are right, and we need to pray hard for God's people. So many are being tested and tried in so many different ways. I am praying for you, dear friend. God bless you!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, Cheryl! I'm so thankful that God never tires of our prayers! What a Mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sister! He is an awesome God Who can do anything. Thank you so much for your sweet visit and encouragement. God bless you!

      Delete
  5. My heart breaks seeing these adorable babies' photos. I will definitely be praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your prayers! God bless you. :)

      Delete
  6. I prayed for your loved ones.
    If you wish to stop your sidebar from jumping, try moving the GFC followers widget to the bottom of the column. In my experience, only the things under that widget are jiggly. You can try and see if it works for you.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying, Laura! And thanks for the tip. :) God bless you.

      Delete
  7. HI Cheryl. Thank you for your faithfulness to pray for these people and encourage others to do so too.
    God bless and thank the Lord for prayer warriors like yourself
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tracy. God bless you abundantly!

      Delete
  8. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your diligence and heart to have us pray for these people. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to do so by linking up at Good Morning Mondays. I feel blessed that you stop by each week. May God bless you and your family as you deal with the loss of Jimmy. Blessings to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I am so grateful to you for the link-up and for the consistent encouragement you are to me. May the dear Lord bless you richly. :)

      Delete
  9. Hi I am stopping by from Mondays at Soul Survival link up... Yes! We are truly blessed to have the grace of God through Christ Jesus inviting us into His presence 24/7 :)
    I was just pondering the gift of God that the veil is torn... what love and grace God has given us!!
    Thank you for your beautiful reminder and for your prayer warrior's heart to pray for these precious ones... I join you in believing for miracles in every situation.
    Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, what a glorious thought to know that the veil of the temple was rent in twain, now we can have full access to the very presence of GOD! Praise His name forever! Thank you for sharing that wonderful thought and for your encouraging, edifying visit! God bless you. :)

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for faithfully posting updates for all of these people.......I will keep praying! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all of your prayers, dear friend! They...and you...are so appreciated. :)

      Delete
  11. God is good and his healing power is being displayed over those you and all of us are praying for. Yes, we are privileged to enter right into God's throne room and He always receives us with gladness. Thank you for sharing at Tell Me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He is a faithful God, and I am so thankful for that! So grateful for your visit, Hazel!

      Delete
  12. Wow. I wanted to stop by and pay you a visit here and also say Happy New Year. All that you do here for everyone else do you take time out for yourself? I hope you do because you deserve it. I will also continue to pray for all those listed including your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Serena! You are so sweet. I love reading your blog...you are a blessing to me. :) Thank you so much for your continued prayers for all of these needs, and it means so much to know you are praying for our family. God bless you abundantly.

      Delete
  13. Hello Cheryl....Oh my goodness, those sweet little babies. My heart goes out to them and to their families. Thank goodness we know that God is in charge.

    Thank you so much for your sweet visit today, too! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very thankful for your visit, Susan! And thank you ever so much for your prayers! God bless you in a special way!!

      Delete
  14. I pray the Lord watch over all these dear people and give them peace which only comes by him. Thank you for being a prayer warrior. Visiting from Thought Provoking Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit and kind words, Michelle. God bless you!

      Delete
  15. Hi Cheryl,

    Thank you for letting us know about these latest health challenges of these precious souls. Will say a prayer tonight for them.

    Thank you for visiting Poppy View, and wishing you a peaceful weekend.

    Take care,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Poppy! So thankful for your visit and your prayers. God bless you!

      Delete