Wednesday, March 11, 2015

PRAISE REPORT & UPDATE on Sandi, Baby Obed, The Brown Family, Lauren Hill, & Michael Lake

"Again I say unto you, 
That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, 
it shall be done of them of My Father which is in Heaven."
Matthew 18:19
(KJV)

Update on Sandi

I want to send up a HUGE thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father Who is still 
in the prayer-hearing and prayer-answering business!
My sister, Sandi, came through her surgery VERY WELL today, praise God forevermore!
We could not be more thankful!
I just spoke with her a few minutes ago, and there is one issue that is causing some concern.
We are trusting God that it will not be permanent or serious,
and we would surely appreciate your continued prayers for her.
She will be seen by her doctor again in the morning for assessment.
There is also another procedure that will need to be done in about a week,
and we are believing God for a complete victory on her behalf.

I cannot begin to thank all of you for the outpouring of love, support, and prayers.
I am so humbled and amazed to know how many of you care so deeply and are willing to pick up yet one more burden and help carry it, even as your own loads are so heavy.
That really, really touches me...deep inside.

Through this, I have, once again, been made to realize how wonderful and caring
is our community of Christian bloggers and intercessory prayer warriors.
What a dear comfort and blessing to know that you are out there...and right there when you are needed and called upon to pray.

How I praise God for each and every one of you!
Your emails and your comments on the blog surely let us know that we are not alone in our battles.

**********************************************
Update on Baby Obed

This is from his Daddy, Travis, from earlier today (3/11).

"Obed had an appointment 2 weeks ago.  
The cardiologist had all of the tests, images, etc redone in preparation for surgery.  
She submitted the information to the surgeon,
 and they had a conference yesterday with all the doctors who are/will be involved.    
We should hear from the surgeon’s office soon to schedule an appointment.  
At that appointment the surgery date should be determined. 
Thank you all!"


Isn't he a cutie?
Oh, those eyes!
I declare, he gets cuter every time I see a new picture of him.  :)
Even though his surgery appears to be imminent,
I am still holding out faith and hope for a Divine-intervention miracle.
However, if it proves to be God's will for the operation to take place, we are believing that He will grant wisdom and understanding to his team of doctors, 
and that He will allow all to go well and be a complete success.

*******************************************
Update on Max & Makeya Brown

I was able to talk to their grandmother, Shiela, the other night by phone,
and she told me they are doing great!
They seem to be adjusting to their new "normal", and just the other day, 
they were blessed with brand-new wheelchairs.


I still long to hear that they no longer need the wheelchairs and are able to walk again on their own.
I know it is a lot to ask, but we serve a great, big God, Who can do
"exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think..." Ephesians 3:20

Bless their little hearts, they both look so happy in these pictures, don't they?
I can't believe how much they have grown.
So precious!
God has brought them a long, long way from where they were last August.
There is nothing too hard for Him or beyond the scope of His power and ability.
Please continue to pray for Max and Makeya and also for strength and peace for their Mama and Daddy, Shyla and Steven, their grandma, Shiela, and all others who are involved in their care.
Their load is heavy, and life for them is very different than it used to be,
but God is proving Himself faithful to them through their trials.

To follow the Brown's story and read previous posts, click the links below.

and 24TH UPDATE,
and 25TH UPDATE,
and 26TH UPDATE.

************************************************
Update on Lauren Hill


I hadn't heard any recent updates concerning Lauren Hill, the teenager who has an inoperable brain tumor, until tonight when a dear friend called me and told me about this recent update.
You can also read more on the Facebook page, by clicking here.

I am amazed at how God has spared Lauren's life long after the doctors' predictions.
Wouldn't it be an even more amazing miracle to hear that she is healed?
I am still not giving up hope.
"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

Please continue to keep Lauren and her family in your prayers.

To read past posts about Lauren, click on the links below.
************************************************
Update on Michael Lake

In January, I had received and posted a prayer request for a 64 year old gentleman who had been hit by a vehicle while riding his bicycle in California.
For a period of time following his accident, it seemed that Michael was improving and things were headed in the right direction.
Sadly, after a visit with his family one evening, Michael quietly passed away.
Please pray for peace and comfort for the ones who mourn his loss,
including his sister, Cathy, who is very ill and in a nursing home.

**************************************************
Also, my little family and I are still fighting some very hard battles and would so appreciate your continued prayers.  I know many of you are praying for us on a regular basis, and I just have no words to express how much that means.  We are grateful to you with unending gratitude!

God is working and showing His power, and we continue to rely upon His strength and His Word.
Oh, those precious promises!

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises..."
2 Peter 1:4

How they sustain us in our tribulations!

One of the verses that resonates most with me right now is Psalm 57:1.

"Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me:
for my soul trusteth in Thee:
yea, in the shadow of Thy wings will I make my refuge,
until these calamities be overpast."

The Psalmist David wrote these words when he was hiding out from King Saul in the cave.
The heaviness upon his heart was intense, but he knew where to flee in his distress.
Praise God, so do we!
We turn not to human sources of help, for even though they are deeply appreciated, well-meaning and hope-filled, they are not capable of moving the mountains in our path.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the Lord, 
Which made Heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1,2

So often through these trials, I have turned my tear-filled eyes Heavenward and prayed, 
as Joshua prayed,
"...neither know we what to do, but our eyes are upon Thee."
2 Chronicles 20:12

God is the Rock of all ages.
He is the One upon Whom we depend.
He will see us through.



If video doesn't load, click here.



If video doesn't load, click here.

23 comments:

  1. Cheryl - What good news about Sandi! We will continue to pray for her... Baby Obed's eyes are adorable... and I LOVE how alert he is.. what a sweetie...... Max and Makala's report is encouraging and I will continue to pray for them and their parents... it is a hard road they are on, but I know that God is able to sustain them. And you, my dear friend, I am praying for you and the challenges you are facing in your life. May God encourage you today.... thank you for the updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your precious, kind words of encouragement and most of all, your faithful prayers for all of these needs. It means SO very much to have dear, praying friends who will pick up our burdens and help carry them to the Throne of Grace! I am praying for you, too, very often as God brings you to mind. Trusting Him to be ALL you need, dear friend. Much love and gratitude to you. :)

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear about your sister! These posts just show the testimony of what an amazing friend you are- always praying on the behalf of others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your sweet encouragement, Caroline. Your and Colby's names are often in those prayers. I am so looking forward to the day I get an email from you announcing the news of your miracle! Keep believing and know that you are so loved and appreciated. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm praying for all the precious ones listed here. My heart rejoices for some and breaks for others. Thank you for your wonderful perspective and using your heart and ministry the way our Father intended it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, brother. Your consistent encouragement and faithfulness to pray and intercede to God on behalf of the requests here means more than I could ever put into words. I am praying for you and your family, too, and believing that God will bless you and keep you ever near His heart.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the updates on all those above and what wonderful news to hear how your sister is going. We will continue to pray for her and for your precious family. Also wonderful to hear how Max and Makeya are going, I have been wondering how they are. How good it is that they are home but how hard it must be for their whole family. We will continue to lift them up in prayer whenever we can. What a comfort Psalm 121:1-2 is to us all through tough times. Blessings to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, dear friend, what a dear comfort it is indeed. How many times have those verses come to mind in times of deep sorrow, heaviness, and despair? We know Who to seek for our help, and what a dear blessing that He is always there! Always steadfast. Always faithful. Always concerned over our individual needs. I cannot express how much I appreciate your consistent prayers and support and the love and friendship you bestow. God bless you richly, sweet friend. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Cheryl for sharing this with us at Good Morning Mondays, may all who read this join us in praying for those in need. Blessings to you and your lovely family and may you feel Gods presence with you each day.

      Delete
  5. Amazing news about your sister! So glad she came through surgery well! You are wonderful to continue to provide updates on all these sweet souls. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tiffany! I appreciate your sweet visit. :)

      Delete
  6. Cheryl, thank you for being the prayer warrior you are! Thanks for the updates, and I will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much to me, Jo! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)

      Delete
  7. Great news about Sandi! I pray she will continue to improve. Baby Obed looks so precious, and so do the Brown children! I would love to see a miracle for Lauren too! God is able! I will be praying for your family and all these requests. There is so much to pray about! Makes me look seriously at 1 Samuel 12:23! Lord, forgive me when I fail. Thank you, Cheryl, for being the kind of person you are.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chris! You are such a faithful prayer warrior and precious friend. I know I can always count on you to carry the burdens of others, and it means so much. I know you have so many burdens of your own right now, and I am surely praying for you, too. Love you, sweet friend. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm a little late in getting here this week - so sorry!

    Do you know that you're a mind reader? I was just thinking and wondering about the Browns and Baby Obed. I was blessed to read your updates on them specifically. Like you, I am also praying for miracles in their lives - but also praising the Lord for the miracles He has already accomplished. Those dear, smiling faces - those precious children's lives. May the Lord continue to use them to minister to the people they come in contact with. He has much to say, and I can think of few cuter faces to say it through than theirs!

    Great news about Sandi! Continued prayers on her behalf. Please update me on her progress.

    The other people you mentioned - Lauren and Michael. Oh, might the Lord surround these families with His peace and comfort. And might He remind us that if healing does not happen in this life, perfect healing is always found when these dear ones see Him face-to-face.

    That verse from Chronicles spoke to my heart mightily. I am going to pass that on to my family, as we have many difficult decisions to make, and we are hard-pressed to know what is best.

    Thank you for your caring heart, and for alerting us to these precious opportunities to bring some of God's beloved to the feet of His throne in prayer.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear friend. You are so right about the healing doesn't always come in this life. We just heard the prettiest song about that at church Sunday night. God always knows what is best, even though we may not see it at the time. So thankful for you and your consistent encouragement and outpouring of love. May the dear Lord bless you for all you do. Sending you big hugs and lots of love.

      Delete
  9. Thank you for this update! My children pray for the Browns everyday. Must add you, Baby Obed, & Lauren to our list.
    God Bless you in His service. ----Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...that is just precious that your dear children still pray for those children every day. Bless their hearts! We so appreciate your every prayer. God bless you and your sweet family. :)

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the updates. God is still working and with him the impossible is possible. Thank you for sharing your inspiring post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise His name! As Max Lucado says, "Impossible is one of God's favorite words". Thank you for your visit, Hazel. :)

      Delete
  11. I am still praying for you and your family, and do miss talking to you. I think of you every day. Life has been hard, but I'm still here. Thank you for updating us on all of these. It's nice to hear. I was really pleased to see the Brown family moving forward. What a hard, hard time they've had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sweet friend! I think of you so often, too, and I am still praying for you! Please do feel free to write to me anytime and let me know how you are doing. I know you have so many burdens of your own, and it touches me deeply that you are continuing to pray for us our our burdens. Much love to you and your dear family. :)

      Delete