Wednesday, May 27, 2015

UPDATES - Baby Obed, Jakob Cooper, and Baby Raygen

"But verily God hath heard me;
He hath attended to the voice of my prayer."
Psalm 66:19
(KJV)

Years ago, I began keeping a prayer journal.
I don't remember where I got the original book, 
but it had a designated place to actually write down the prayers, word for word.
Looking back, I only seemed to write in this specific journal when my heart was heavily pressed.
It was those big prayers...for those needs that nearly knocked the breath out of me.
You know the kind...like when Dad had a sudden and massive stroke in 1995,
resulting in brain surgery, and the agonizing waiting game that followed.
And when, in 1998, they found a large tumor in Mom that the doctor felt almost certain was cancer.
And when my heart was repeatedly broken and hopes smashed over the constant disappointments
of many years of infertility struggles.
There were many such prayers, along with a host of others.

I'm glad I started keeping that journal, because even though those moments are difficult to revisit,
and even though each time I do, there are a multitude of hard memories to walk through,
reading those words in black and white reminds me.
It takes me back to where I was...soul-burdened, anguished, terrified, desperate for God's deliverance and help...and it reminds me of where I am now.
I am now on the other side of those battles.
And, guess what?
I survived.
I am still standing.
And, reading those journal words reminds me of the biggest miracle of all.
 GOD IS FAITHFUL.
God answered those heart-wrenched, agony-infused prayers.
He defied death on Dad's behalf more times than I can even remember.
He brought him through the long, distressing aftermath of that massive stroke,
and, on Christmas Day of that year, He gave us the priceless gift of Dad taking his first post-stroke baby steps!!!!
He spared his life for nearly five years after that stroke.
He brought Mom through a major operation at 70 years old,
and that large tumor?
In spite of that renowned doctor's near certainty,
the tumor was NOT CANCER!!!!
Mom lived for nearly 14 years after that operation.
And, that sad, heartbroken, hopeless, barren woman who begged and pleaded and prayed Hannah-like prayers for so many years?
She is now writing this post, 
raising and homeschooling one sweet, precious, miracle, natural-born son,
who, God willing, will begin 9th grade with her homeschooling him in the fall!!!!
(To read our complete infertility testimony, click HERE.)

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children.
Praise ye the LORD."
Psalm 113:9

I wish there were time and space to tell about all of my answers to prayer.
Over a life span of 48 years, I have seen a lot.
I have hurt a lot.
I have heard a lot.
And I have prayed more prayers than I would even know how to count.
So many of them were never recorded in a journal.
Most of them were uttered quietly and tearfully, and only God heard.
But, hear He did.
And He answered.
So.  Many.  Times.

Where would one begin to give a God like that enough praise?
Where could one find enough words for expression?
How can I ever explain all that is in my heart?
Truth is, I can't.
And that's okay.
Because He knows.
He knows how full of gratitude my heart overflows.
And even though my efforts to tell Him fall so short, and I feel so inadequate and so incapable,
He sorts through the jumbled words, messily falling tears, and gut-wrenched feelings,
and He accepts it as a sweet-smelling offering of worship.

Aren't you glad God hears heart prayers, too?
Those kind that can't even be written in a journal?
The sort that just rise up from the soul...wordless prayers.

He hears every kind of prayer, my friend.

"For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous,
and His ears are open unto their prayers..."
I Peter 3:12

And He is faithful.
Always on the watch.
Always awake.
Regardless of the conditions or time of day.

"Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep."
Psalm 121:4

There are many prayer requests that steadily come across this laptop.
Most of them are private...never to be shared or made public.
Every, single one of them lays heavy upon my heart.
I don't take one of them lightly.
Because every, single one of them matter, and I am so grateful to have a small part in
I regard those private prayer requests with much respect, 
and discreetly maintaining the privacy of those who share them is of utmost importance to me.
If you tell me something in confidence, by God's grace, that is where it will forever remain.

Though most of the prayer requests that come to me are private, 
there are a few that I am asked to pass along here, either by simply adding them to the 
or by publishing a post to put out a public plea for prayer.
I am only happy to do what I am asked.
This blog is God's.
I lay no claim to it.
The only thing I ever want is for Him to be exalted.
Because He alone is worthy!

And you, dear friend.
You play an important part in this.
Your role, as faithful, steady, dependable prayer warrior is of untold importance.
You are the intercessors.
The ones who wake up in the middle of the night and hit your knees.
Those who carry a list with you wherever you go, to make sure you don't fail to call out these names.
You write them on post-it notes and stick them on your bathroom mirror and car dashboards,
you pass them on by sharing them on your social media sites,
you speak up on Sunday morning when the pastor asks, "Are there any prayer requests?",
you mention them to your intercessory prayer friends over lunch.

Oh, dear ones!
Do you not see your value?
Have you any idea how precious you are to the heart of God?

You, who feel you are accomplishing nothing in His Kingdom.
You, who downplay these labors of love as being insignificant.

It is YOUR prayers that are now being heard...and answered.

JUST READ ON.....
and stand amazed at the power of our awesome God Who is responding to your faithfulness.

Here is proof.....

Update on Baby Obed
(from his Daddy, Travis, TODAY - 5/27)

"Obed continues to do very well. 
I would say he's 98%. 
We just have to be careful with his chest for 4-5 weeks. 
Other than that, everything is great!  
We have a cardiologist appointment next Wednesday."

Did you read that, dear friends?????
98%...very well...everything is great!!!

PRAISE GOD FOREVERMORE!!!
Can I get an amen...and another...and another???
Can the praises to God just ring out all across this land....
and in Canada, and Australia, and the UK, and everywhere else, wherever you are!!!

Will you ALL just stop what you are doing...right now...and just say,
"Thank You, God!!!"

And now, the unveiling, of that sweet, post-surgery, hurdle-behind-him, precious,
adorable face.....


This photo was JUST taken a little while ago, as the little guy was eating his lunch.  :)
It just blesses my soul to see that tube GONE!!!!
Praise God!!!!
Have you ever seen such a miracle??

Obed's Daddy, Travis, the one who is so faithful to keep us all informed,
was kind enough to send me a family picture today.
With Travis' permission, I share it with you here.

Travis, Karissa, Obed, and Obed's surgeon, Dr. David Morales

What a beautiful, amazing picture and testimony to the awesome power of God!

It has been a long, hard road for this precious family, but, praise God,
He has been faithful to them every step of the way.


What a happy, precious boy!
In spite of his pain and suffering, he still manages that incredible, room-brightening smile!!

Though the worst is behind them, please continue to keep Baby Obed and his family
in your prayers for complete recovery and good health!

God is SO good.

To read former posts about Obed, click the following links:

*********************************
And now, for more good news...

Update on Jakob Cooper
(from his Mom, Lonetta, Tuesday, 5/26)

"Jakob had a busy day. 
IVC filter placed to help prevent blood clots. 
MRI with no results yet. 
Has rested good. 
Keep prayers coming, 'cause that's what keeps us all going. 
God's Got This !!"

Praise God for all He has done, is doing, and is going to do for Jakob!
I can't imagine how hard this is for his parents and loved ones to go through day after day,
but thank the dear Lord, there are signs of improvement.
There are SO many prayers going up for this boy.
Surely God is listening and will see them through this.
Please keep bombarding Heaven on Jakob's behalf.


To read former posts about Jakob, click the following links:
********************************
And more good news...

Update on Baby Raygen

"He's doing better today.
 Thank God for all the prayers.
 They are going to try to get him off the vent sometime toward the end of the week.
 And now they don't have to do surgery on him!!!!"

What wonderful news!!
God is still on the throne, and He is watching over this precious little one.
I am expecting Him to do great things in and through this little guy.
Praise the Lord for what He has already done!!
We serve an amazing God.

To read former posts about Raygen, click the following links:

Baby Raygen

***********************************
So, what are you going through today?
Keep praying, dear friends.
No matter what your need, God is listening.
He cares more than you could ever comprehend.
He loves you SO much!!
May you never forget.
May He send you all sorts of little reminders today,
each one showing you just how much you are loved!!
Be aware...you will see.  :)

12 comments:

  1. Praise God indeed! I love your heart to pray for all these people! Says so much about your character! Thanks for sharig! 98% is GREAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweet friend. :) Your words are precious to me. YES, 98% is wonderful...God is SO good!

      Delete
  2. He hears our tender whispers and even the things we utter in our own hearts that have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Cheryl! You have such a powerful prayer ministry here. What a beautiful expression of your faith, and the power of prayer. Thank you for all the updates on these precious children, and the witness of your life journals too. I'm so happy that your Mom did not have cancer after all. God is so good!
    Thank you for your ministry and witness. I know it makes my heart so happy :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ceil! It is always such a blessing when you stop by. Thank you for your visits and the sweet encouragement you leave behind! So thankful for you dear friend. :) God bless you!

      Delete
  4. God is good, and He does answer heartfelt prayers, especially when believers agree together in prayer. Thank you for the good report on these precious children and for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Hazel. I so appreciate you!

      Delete
  5. Praise God for the good reports! Continued prayers for healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alyssa. It means so much to know that you are praying!

      Delete
  6. What wonderful news and may God be praised for answering prayers. We continue to pray and ask God to bless all those above and also you my dear friend for your heart for others. Thank you for allowing us at Good Morning Mondays the opportunity to pray. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all praise and honor and glory to Him Who sits in glory waiting for our homecoming!!! Thank you so much for your faithfulness and prayers, sweet friend. Much love to you and yours. :)

      Delete