Sunday, June 7, 2015

Urgent Prayers Needed for James Furrow

"And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up..."
James 5:15
(KJV)

When a family is hit with the news I am going to share with you today,
the blow is near unbearable.
In times like these, how blessed they are to know they have an anchor
and a hope in the One Who made an atonement for not only the sins of mankind, 
but Who suffered intense agony for the healing of our physical bodies.

I come to you with an urgent need, asking that you band together with me and others,
requesting that you pass along this request to as many prayer warriors as you know,
and that you bring the need for this man's healing before the Throne of Grace.


James was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer.

We all know the level of fear the "C" word instantly and automatically invokes.
Who among us has not been touched by its terror, 
either personally, or by watching its effects in the life of a dear loved one?

The thing I want us to remember is that 
God is bigger than cancer.
There is nothing beyond His power or higher than His authority.

Cancer is just a word...a name....a label, is it not?

God is still God.
He is still sovereign.
He still reigns, praise His name!

James is a godly man, and he and his family have strong faith in Him and His power to heal.

James' daughter, Stacie; his wife of 36 years, Lisa; James, and his daughter, Tracie

James also has three grand-children.
My heart breaks for these dear ones, as they face the uncertain, trying days that lie ahead of them.
They are a very close-knit family, with a lot of love between them.

James and his two sweet girls

Last night, as we were speaking with another dear brother in Christ, 
who is also walking through the dark and deep trial of a cancer diagnosis,
our conversation quickly turned to God,
and, I said,
"I don't know what I would do without Him."

I truly don't.

The words to a song come to my mind that I heard as a young girl
called, "I Claim The Blood", written by Paul Williams.
I can still hear Labreeska Hemphill belting out the words of the second verse,
as the sound of that old eight track came through the speakers of our big, old Oldsmobile 98.
Dad had bought that car from a man we knew, who had left the tape in the car.
Though we tried to return it when we found it, he insisted we keep it,
and it became one of my favorites.
I would listen to it over and over...those words are still so fresh in my mind.

This is the exact recording I listened to, if you'd like to hear it.



If video doesn't load, click here.

"I do not know how others make it through,
Who never go to Calvary as I do;
For there a healing, cleansing stream still flows,
With peace that only His redeemed can know."

I don't know how others make it through who never go to Calvary as I do!
I don't know how I would maintain sanity in this crazy world, if it weren't for the hope I have in Him.

On His way to Calvary, our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,
endured some of the most horrific, inhumane, unjust, undeserved, torture of all time,
dealt by the hands of cruel Roman soldiers who used a whip infused with metal/bones,
to inflict the awful stripes that would pay the atonement for our physical healing.

The Roman scourging was not like the Jewish scourging.
During a Jewish scourging, the legal number of stripes to be inflicted were 39.
No more than that.
(Deuteronomy 25:3)
The rules were different for a Roman scourging.
In fact there were no rules...except to make sure the poor, mutilated victim was kept alive,
so they could be led to the cross to be crucified.

The reason Jesus endured this torturous punishment was in answer to the Old Testament prophecy
found in Isaiah 53:5,
"He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities:
the chastisment of our peace was upon Him;
and by His stripes we are healed."

Did you get that, dear friend?
"By His stripes we are healed."

There is no limit mentioned in this verse.
It doesn't say, we are healed of only certain illnesses.
There is no mention of the healing only applying to specific stages of disease.

Jesus suffered those stripes, so that we could all be healed, 
regardless of what stage our disease is diagnosed,
the severity of our condition,
our age,
or how long we have been sick.

No case is too severe.
No body is too diseased.
No situation is without hope.

Jesus suffered those agonizing stripes, on His way to Calvary,
for the specific and sole purpose of making an atonement
for the healing of our physical bodies.
When He walked this earth, people brought unto Him
"...all who were sick.  And whatever their sickness or disease -- He healed them all."
Matthew 4:24
(New Living Translation)
So, since He healed them all then, 
can He not heal them all....now?

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

I believe, if we, as the members of the Body of Christ,
will join in unified prayer, God will still heal all manner of sickness and disease.

Please bombard Heaven with me, asking our Lord to heal James Furrow
and to bring peace and comfort to his wife, daughters, grandchildren, and other loved ones.

And, if you are suffering, I want to encourage you to look up, and believe in God.
He is still on the throne, and He still hears and answers the prayers of His people.

There is nothing impossible with Him.

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, 
With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."
Matthew 19:26

Keep the faith, and know that He is with you, no matter what, my friend.
Claim the blood that was shed, not only for our sins,
but for the healing of our bodies.
The fountain still flows, and God still heals!!

God bless you and meet you wherever you are.

24 comments:

  1. Prayer said my sweet blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Suzie!! Sending blessings and hugs to you. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yes, will be praying. For God can do mighty things.

    Life with Him makes it possible to negotiate this broken and fallen world. For sometimes its sadness and suffering is more than we can take. Except...except for the outstretched arms of The Wounded One.

    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon! Your prayers and support and faithfulness are so appreciated. ;) God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Praying for James and His family, for healing by the Great Physician, and for the peace that passes all understanding. Linked up with you at Tell Me a True Story -- hope you'll stop by Saved by Grace for a visit!
    God bless,
    Laurie
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Laurie. We so appreciate your prayers! God bless you....will come and pay you a visit now! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweet friend. :)

      Delete
  5. Praying for James! Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever - always all powerful.
    And 8-tracks - oh, how I remember those!
    I don't know how people who don't know the Lord make it through either, Cheryl. I truly don't, I know I could not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, Ruthie! I don't know how they make it through, either. It is beyond me...I lean on Him SO much!! I need Him more and more as I walk this Christian journey. God help us to always be faithful. So very thankful for your sweet visit. :)

      Delete
  6. Jesus came to detroy all the works of the enemy, including cancer. In Jesus name spirit of cancer flee from James body!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will certainly be praying for this man and his family... thank you for spreading the word too! Cancer is such a thief of life. Truly believing and praying that healing will come for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments and faithful prayers. They are so appreciated! God bless you, too!! :)

      Delete
  8. Praying for James and his family with you, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Floyd. Your consistent prayers, support, and encouragement are such a blessing to me. God bless you abundantly, brother!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for having a heart to lift people up before God! He hears our prayers.

    I am lifting James, Jakob, and baby Daxton before God. HE knows.

    ~Raquel
    www.atthenewlyweds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Raquel! So thankful for your visit. I really enjoyed your post today. :) God bless you and your husband. :)

      Delete
  10. Praying for James. So thankful that God is SO much bigger than cancer. You are the sweetest to always be praying for so many - such a beautiful heart xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear friend. I so appreciate your sweet encouragement and prayers and faithful support. It means more than you will ever know. I am praying for you often and knowing that God is going to send you your miracle soon! Much love to you. :)

      Delete
  11. The Spirit of Him that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in James, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also give life to his kidneys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, amen!!! Thank you for speaking encouragement...and life!

      Delete
  12. I am praying for James. The power of prayer is strong. I've suffered through many medical problems of my own and have learned that God truly does heal, not always in the way that we want but always in the way that's supposed to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Your words are so true. God bless you and heal your body, too. Thank you for praying and for stopping by here. :)

      Delete