Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Stopping A Downward Spiral

"Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfill the statutes and judgments
which the Lord charged Moses with concerning Israel:
be strong, and of good courage;
dread not, nor be dismayed."
I Chronicles 22:13
(KJV)

The other morning, I had one of the most disturbing dreams I ever remember having.
Nightmare would be a more accurate description.
In it, I was driving our car, and on the front passenger seat beside me,
was my oldest nephew, Shawn.
Shawn and I are actually the same age, born only 5 1/2 weeks apart,
as Mom and my oldest sister, Sharon, were expecting us at the same time.
Growing up, we were more like brother and sister than nephew and aunt.
No one believed me when we attended the same school, 
and I would introduce myself as Shawn's aunt
and explain that I was an aunt the moment I was born.

In my dream, we were heading to a family get-together,
and the event was to be held at a park near a river.
For some strange reason, we were supposed to park single-file on this narrow concrete ramp
that extended into the water at the end.
The ramp was very long, sort of like a long boat ramp and extremely steep,
plunging downward at a very sharply-slanted descent.

As we descended along this ramp, I could feel our car picking up speed,
and suddenly, I felt like things were reeling out of control.
I put my foot on the brake pedal and tried frantically to bring the car to a stop,
but the more I applied pressure to the brake, the faster we spiraled downward.
I reached for the gear shift and tried, out of desperation, to shift the car into park,
but each time I pushed it forward into park, it would slip all the way back into drive.
This was happening repeatedly, and I couldn't understand why it would not stay in park.
I grabbed the emergency brake handle and pulled it upward, trying with all my might 
to make it engage, but no matter how hard I tried, there was no response,
and the more I grasped for ways to make the car stop, the faster we were going.

"Shawn!  Help me!" I screamed.
"Do something!  I can't get it to stop!"

But, Shawn was as helpless as I was to make a difference.
By this time, we were going so fast, it felt like we were literally flying.
Soon, we reached the end of the concrete ramp, and we were actually on top of the water.

"Call on Jesus' name!", I kept screaming to Shawn.

Over and over I kept repeating, "In Jesus' name" and urging Shawn to do the same, 
as our car seemed to be floating across the water,
somehow barely and miraculously staying on top of the surface.
The water was dark and raging.
I still remember the horror I felt as I watched the violent current in front of us and realized how incredibly fast it was flowing, pulling at everything within its reach and overpowering it.

Somehow, I managed to reach my arm out of the driver's side window
and grab onto the top of the concrete slab that ran alongside the river.
With some sort of supernatural strength, I held on with all my might,
and by some miracle, my hanging on to the concrete managed to pull the car over to the side
close enough for me to somehow pull myself up and out of the car.
Once I was out, I gained enough leverage to manage to reach into the passenger side
and grab a hold of Shawn and literally drag him out of the car and fling him onto the ground next to me.

In real life, this could never happen.
I am not that strong.
Shawn is a lot taller than me, and this would never be possible.
Thank God, in my dream, it did happen, and both of our lives were spared.

The instant we both were safe, I looked back into the water just in time to see the very top of our car go under the fiercely raging waters of the river and completely disappear into its fathomless depths.
A feeling of sheer horror encompassed me, as I realized that we got out just in time.
Right after, I awoke from sleep,
panic-stricken, terrified, and beyond grateful to God that it had only been a dream.

While I am not a person to pay a great amount of attention to dreams,
this one has lingered with me for days.
I can't shake the feeling of terror it brought over me.

I have pondered what it could mean, as many possibilities have come to mind.
Whatever the interpretation of this dream, there is one thing it has clearly reminded me.

It is hard to stop the momentum of a downward spiral, 
and as sad as it is to admit,
there are times that the force is so powerful that it makes it humanly impossible to apply the brakes and turn the tide.
In these situations, our only hope is to reach beyond the vehicle that is propelling us downward,
grab on to something solid, and make the necessary effort to jump to safety.

I think you know where I am going with this.

Our nation, our world, is reeling out of control.
We are being propelled by the force of a spiral that is plunging us downward at breakneck speed and picking up momentum as we go.
Those of us who have our spiritual eyes open can see where this is heading.
And believe me when I tell you, it is not good.

You and I are living in the midst of an Ezekiel 22:26 moment, in which, our society
"have put no difference between the holy and profane".

Holy is being called profane.
Profane is being called holy.

If our founding fathers were permitted to come back to life in order to see what is happening,
they would not be able to grasp the reality that this is America.

Christians are being persecuted, ostracized, and literally punished for standing up for their convictions, sticking to their guns, and "clinging" to the holy Word of God,
while the ones who scream "tolerance" are the most intolerant of all.

Babies, unborn and defenseless, are being brutally murdered and their little organs extracted,
all under the sickening description of "harvesting".

Women, created by God with an innate, deep-seated intuitive nature to nurture, defend, and protect their young, sip wine and eat salad while they discuss the skill they have acquired in being able to "crush" the babies' organs in just the right spot, so as to preserve livers, lungs, and other organs, keeping them in tact and sellable to the vultures who purchase them.

Marriage, the most sacred of all human institutions and Divinely ordained by Almighty God as the permanent union of one man and one woman,
 is being distorted and twisted into perversion by now including a legal "marital" union between two males and two females.
Students are not allowed to pray or mention the name of God or carry their Bibles in public school.
A Kentucky county clerk is thrown into jail and called Hitler, because she chooses to obey God's sovereign law.
Atheists file law suits to have the Ten Commandments, crosses, and manger scenes removed from the public square, and way too often, they win.
Television commercials and shows are the most blatantly evil, profane, perverse, and vulgar they have ever been, and there seems to be no limit to the extents of nudity, profanity, and violence producers will dare to go, never minding the fact that innocent, pure-minded children have easy, living room access.
Movies are filled with demonism, the glamorization of vampires, ghouls, and zombies, 
and the glorification of every, single work of the flesh mentioned in Galatians 5:19-21.
Just take a listen, and tell me whether or not I am telling you the truth.
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; 
sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 
idolatry and witchcraft; 
hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; 
drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Could there be a more accurate description of the filthy trash being conveyed through modern-day television and movies?

Is anything sacred anymore?
Is anything off-limits?

Is it any wonder our youth are completely desensitized and cannot discern good from evil,
when all of their lives they have been bombarded with glaring exhibitions of darkness
within the walls of their own homes?
Would you agree that we are on a downward spiral that is continually picking up speed?

My dream/nightmare often comes back to my mind.
The car was going down.
Shawn and I could either pretend it wasn't happening,
continue to stay on board, allowing ourselves to apathetically go down with it,
or we could rise to the occasion, produce strength we didn't know we had,
cling to something that was way stronger than us, and take the necessary steps to alter the outcome.

There is this temptation right now to sit back and pretend things are not as bad as they really are.
There is this paralyzing, distortedly "comforting" hankering among us to bury our heads in the sand,
leave reform to happenstance, close our eyes, and hope for the best.

Let me just tell you that if we make the choice to stay on board a sinking ship
and do nothing to alter the course, 
we are going down with the ship, my friend.
To think otherwise is pure foolishness.

Things are bad.
The spiral is downward.
It is plunging with a never-before-heard-of or heretofore-imagined force and intensity.
But, just because evil is rampant, and things are reeling out of control,
don't ever allow the enemy to convince you that things are too far gone to improve.
The generations before us have passed off the scene.
They can no longer help or hurt the situation.
The torch has been passed to you...and to me.
The ball is in our court.
We can choose to drop it and buy into the delusion that we are absolved from all personal accountability and responsibility, or we can face the reality that we, who now live in this present world, will absolutely give an account to God for what we did and did not do
  during our watch.

I realize this is going to be a challenge larger in stature than anything we have ever before faced.

But, isn't there something within you that has an intense desire to rise to this challenge?

I recently heard this quote...
"We are looking for ideas large enough to be afraid of again."
Tyrone Guthrie

Since I love a good challenge, I LOVE that.


It is time to stretch ourselves, my friends.
To reach outside of this drowning vessel to the solidity of a Higher Power.
To swim against the raging spiral.

"If My people, which are called by My name, 
shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways
then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

Ideas large enough to be afraid of again...
ideas that will compel us to wake up,
ideas that will require us to deny ourselves,
ideas that will rise before us like a bold, audacious dare.
As I was writing this, it occurred to me that these ideas so large that they cause us to be afraid
are not new ideas at all,
and all we really need, at this point, is to be reminded of them.

Things like....

1.  Fear GOD.
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom..."
Proverbs 9:10
I tell you, my friends, it is a sad day when you look around and realize that to find someone
who truly and wholeheartedly fears God is a difficult quest.
Not only is it hard to find someone who possesses a genuine, healthy fear of God,
but what you find, most often, is the total opposite.
There is a blatant, unashamed disdain for God and all things holy.
There is a powerful push against Christianity and anything that has to do with the cross of Christ.
It seems to me that we are completely losing our fear of Almighty God.
It seems that we are pushing the envelope as far as we can possibly get away with,
defiantly standing in God's face and daring Him to do anything about our wickedness.
What we seem to be forgetting, in our rebellious provocation,
is that God is our only hope.
He is our Creator.
He will one day call this world into final judgment,
and each one of us will stand, individually, before His presence,
and there will be no place to hide.
The infiltration of humanism into our mindset has ensnared us into thinking we are in control.
We could not be more deceived.
We will never get ourselves out of this mess.
It isn't humanly possible.
To find help, we must look beyond ourselves to the One Who created us,
Who is in control, Who is our only hope.
We are going to have to reach outside our own resources,
and grasp for His unchanging hand.
To fear God is the first step to wisdom.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: 
Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."
Ecclesiastes 12:13
Dare to fear Him, honor Him, respect and revere Him.

2.  Pray.
I know it sounds simplistic and elementary.
But, just how much time do we really spend calling out to God about present conditions?
How often do we mention the name of America to Him in prayer?
How often do we pray for the modern-day church?
There is amazing power in prayer, and faith-driven praying absolutely moves mountains.
It is going to cost us...time, energy, anguish of spirit.
Is this why we don't do it?
Is the idea of effectual, fervent prayer so large that the very thought of what it will require makes us afraid?
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints..."
Ephesians 6:18
"And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint..."
Luke 18:1

3.  Fast.
Just how bad do we want to see reform?
Laying aside food and following Biblical demands for fasting adds amazing additional oomph to the power of prayer.
Jesus said in Matthew 17:21, 
"...this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."
There are certain situations that are just that drastic.
When is the last time you pushed back your plate and refused to eat because your heart was so heavily-burdened for our nation, and you were so sorry for our sins?
Why does the idea of fasting seem so large that it makes us afraid?

4.  Vote.
Again, such a given.
But, it is amazing to hear how many Christians do not vote.
My friend, this is not only our God-given privilege, it is our responsibility, and it is one way you and I can make a difference.
I know it is just one vote.
One vote could tip the scales.
One vote matters.
Presidents, senators, and members of the congress are elected officials.
In turn, presidents personally choose and appoint Supreme Court justices.
Do you not see how imperative it is that we make our voice heard in the voting process?
PLEASE.
If you are not registered to vote, take the necessary steps to become so.
November 2016 will be here before we know it.
Stay informed.
Study the spiritual stances of the candidates.
Then, go vote for the one who aligns him/herself most closely with Biblical values.
Please, I beg of you.
Go vote!
We can afford to be intimidated no longer.
The time for the marriage of our faith and our politics has come.
It is imperative that they merge and become one.
Just look around and see where Christians not voting has landed us.
This is not rocket science.

5.  Get involved.
Become proactive.
Sit on the sidelines no more.
Jump in, and do all you can.
I just spent two days with some of the sweetest, most genuine prayer warriors I have ever met.
The ladies of Concerned Women For America are sold out to God
and determined to make a difference in our world.
They are a unified, powerful voice which will not be silenced.
Will you consider supporting their efforts?
Either by joining and/or starting a local prayer chapter, 
or by giving of your resources to enable them to continue to do what they do?
To donate or find more information about participation with CWA, click here.
I have admired them and supported them for a long time,
but after spending this face-to-face, quality time with them,
I feel inspired to do more.
I am super excited to see how He is going to use and direct this effort.
Some other causes I believe in and would suggest supporting are:
to name a few.
Why does the thought of getting involved make us so afraid?
We must individually overcome that fear, and step out in faith.

6.  Rescue your loved ones.
It saddens me to think of the lack of spiritual understanding that is prevalent in this generation.
An overabundance of watered-down, sugar-coated preaching, and a lack of proclaiming the whole, unadulterated truths of God's Word has resulted in a younger generation who are spiritually uninformed as to what God really expects of them.
I am frequently astounded at their innocent oblivion to spiritual truth.
Hosea 4:6 says,
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..."
This is heartbreaking to me and makes me think of Romans 10:14, which says,
"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? 
and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? 
and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
Anyone can see that there is no modern-day shortage on preachers.
But, there is an extreme scarcity of preachers who preach the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
We can't depend on church leaders to inform the generation following us.
You and I are going to have to pick up the mantle and teach truth to all who will listen.
We are endowed with spiritual knowledge, understanding, spiritual enlightenment, and discernment,
and we owe it to them to pass it on.
We must rescue the perishing and make them aware of what the truth is,
and of the consequences that follow disobedience to it.
We must apply eye salve to those who are in darkness,
who are following along, floating downstream, unaware and oblivious to what is up ahead.
The idea is large, but we must rise to the challenge, and do it anyway!

7.  Take courage!
God is still on the throne!
He is still in control.
Regardless who denies His existence or who mocks His name.
He is and will forever be sovereign.
Praise His name!
Aren't you glad He is on the side of right?
Dare to stand and be counted on the Lord's side, in the face of uncertainty, opposition,
and yes, even persecution.
Noah was scoffed, scorned, and ridiculed, as onlookers heard him speak of and watched him prepare for upcoming judgment.
He continued to speak and prepare anyway, and, one day, the flood did come,
and the scoffers, scorners, and those who ridiculed found themselves drowning on the outside of the ark he so faithfully built.
To be courageous is an idea large enough to make us draw back in fear.
But, what did Jesus say?
"No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
Luke 9:62

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"
Romans 8:31

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: 
because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."
I John 4:4

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us."
Romans 8:37

We are in an unprecedented cultural war.
Whether or not we choose to acknowledge it, the battle is engaged,
and if we would be followers of Jesus Christ, we must rise to the challenge.
We must fight the good fight to lay hold on eternal life.  I Timothy 6:12

I leave you with these questions....
what has God called you to do in these perilous times?
What idea has He presented to your mind that is so large it makes you afraid?
What is God calling you to do?
Only you can answer.
There is a place in His Kingdom that only you can fill.
You were brought to the Kingdom "for such a time as this".  Esther 4:14
This is your Esther 4:14 moment.
With what mission has He entrusted you?
Are you fulfilling that mission?
The battle cry has sounded.


(If video doesn't load, click here.)

How will you respond?

To stop this downward spiral, you and I must take the lead
in taking a stand.

God help us all.

34 comments:

  1. So much truth in this post. You know, I almost died this summer when my heart stopped while at a routine doctors appointment. I'm 55 and in what I thought was very good health. No daily prescriptions, I walk a lot and am not overweight. Immediately I was the recipient of a brand new heart pacemaker. I can't tell you how disappointed I was. This world is NOT my home and I was ready to be at home with my Savior. Since He has kept me here, I must assume it is for some reason only He knows. So daily I tell others about my experience. There IS something after death. I experienced it. Jesus is waiting and I know what side I want to be on when I face His Holy Judgement. So many people don't want to hear this truth these days. Even Christians. The gospel has been watered down to tepid water that is unfit to drink. Thank you for your beautiful and heart wrenching words.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, Betsy! I am so sorry you had that experience, and yet, I truly understand your desire to go on and be with the Lord! YES, you are here for a reason. I would LOVE to hear your whole story, if you ever care to share it with me. I am SO interested in knowing more about what awaits us on the other side. I know our dear Lord will be there, and that will make everything we go through in this life so worthwhile. I love what you said about the Gospel being watered down to tepid water that is unfit to drink. Oh, my, this is SO accurate and full of truth! I can't thank you enough for this wonderful encouragement...it just meant so much to me. :) God bless you, Betsy!

      Delete
  2. Once again, this is inspired and truth-full. You have a way of sounding a trumpet blast that gets me all fired up inside. How will I respond? Most of all, I am desiring to have a prayer life that is deeper than what it is now. I know the Lord understands the craziness of my own personal life lately, and I know He never tires of hearing me asking for help. But, I think it's also crucial that I open my prayers up to the *wider world* around me. Perilous times are indeed happening.

    Your dream sounds frightening. I've had nightmares that have scared me in the same way. Yes, I can find many *lessons* in them - as they usually occur when I'm feeling very overwhelmed in life. But, just like the supernatural rescue in your dream, the Lord is solid as concrete, and HE will keep us safe from the raging waters surrounding us.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sharon! Thank you ever so much for this wonderful encouragement...it just blessed me so much to read this tonight. The dream was horrible...I can STILL feel it all....it was SO real. I can't shake its memory or the horrors that overpowered me in it. I have been meaning to email you back...things have been so busy and hectic lately. Praying for you and will get in touch soon, my precious friend. God bless you!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So thankful it inspired you, Denise. God bless you, my friend. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! That dream. I am so sorry! It's amazing that you were able to make such a beautiful lesson out of it! You are right - this nation is going downhill and we MUST take a stance and fight (not against each other), but against spiritual warfare. Thanks for this reminder to take a STANCE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, dear Caroline, for your sweet visit and words. Oh, the dream was SO awful...it just haunts me to think of it. I am so happy and thankful for you and your support...it is so precious to me. God help us all to fight the good fight and do all we can to turn this raging tide. Love and appreciate you so much!

      Delete
  5. I agree Cheryl! We NEED to do things a lot differently than we are right now. We must swim against the tide of the world's waves! And it all begins with each one of us doing all that you have listed here. Many thanks for sharing.
    Do have a super blessed day!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear friend, we need to change..the change needs to happen from within the church, then the nation will follow. God bless you for stopping by and leaving sweet encouragement! Love you, sweet sister! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh Cheryl, I am saddened by the way our world is going, but I am "pumped up" after reading this post - you are such a blessing and an encouragement. When I look around me it would be easy to throw in the towel, but the world is not in my hands....it's in God's hands and we are His vessels. Today is definitely a dark time, but may we be lights for our Heavenly Father.

    Dearest friend, thank you for sharing this wonderful post with Roses of Inspiraton - it's truly a joy to have you at the party :) Much love and big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for your dear, sweet encouragement. It just meant the world to me. Thank you for your dear heart for God and His holiness! You are such a blessing to this world, and I trust God will abundantly bless you, in return! Sending much love and big hugs back to you, sweet friend!

      Delete
  7. Hi Cheryl! What a frightening dream! I would have woken up in a pool of sweat! I'm so glad you took the time to think about what the dream might mean, and you have passed on some marvelous insights and helps for us. Yes, it always looks like 'nothing can be done'. The world is so big and bad...what can I do?
    But God gave us His hands and feet and vote, as you pointed out. I am also so sad about the lack of respect for life, and the easy way some people have of making abortion sound so normal. It is not normal!!
    Thank you for throwing light on some serious matters that need our attention.
    Blessings to you,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! I woke up so panic-stricken! There is so much about this that concerned and troubled me, and I just trust God to have mercy! Thank you for stopping by here and leaving this wonderful encouragement behind, my friend. May God richly bless you!!!

      Delete
  8. Yes! You are so right Cheryl. I awoke last week shouting in battle in tongues. I woke my husband up, I knew I was battling in my dream, but didn't realize I had been yelling aloud. My husband instantly had a vision of an ambulance/fire truck that turned into a billboard that said "HEART SURGERY". Then he saw a heart surgeon in a mask driving. We were driven to pray with an intensity with which we had never prayed together before.

    A key part of the "If my people" quote is the "turn from their wicked ways". The refusal to turn is what has kept us from revival as a country.

    Thank you for sharing this. I'm going to pin it on Pinterest under Truth.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, Laura. I have been hearing from so many people about these types of happenings and a real pressing burden upon the hearts of God's people. I am not sure what all is going on right now, but I don't think the battle has ever been this raging and this pronounced. God is shaking His people. He is sifting them and refining them. Lord, help us all. Thank you SO much for pinning this and sharing it...that means so much to me, because the burden on my heart is heavy and it is great. It never leaves me. Love and appreciate you and your support, sweet friend. :)

      Delete
  9. Cheryl, you are so caring, and it shows through all your posts! May God have mercy on this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Jo! Thank you ever so much for your sweet comments. Oh, we do need His mercy...we surely don't deserve it, but we need it like never before. God bless you for stopping by and for your dear encouragement to me. :)

      Delete
  10. You painted a pretty grim picture, but it matches the God's word. I'm praying for a revival, a reversal of the downward spiral that we're skating on. I do it daily. Thanks for the reminder.

    That vivid dream shows the strength of God in you I believe. You can do all that and more with our sovereign Father in us. That's the encouraging part! We know the ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, thank YOU, brother, for your daily prayers for revival, and for your heart for God and His Word. I am so grateful to you for your encouragement and support. It means more than you will ever know. God bless you and your family abundantly. I am praying for you.

      Delete
  11. God knows we need reminding we are in a battle and it's getting more heated up by the day. Part of me wants to pray for revival and part of me wants to pray, come quickly Lord Jesus. It's interesting that the more it heats up the more I am aware of using my time for Him. Of making every day count..so many lost souls out there that will burn in hell if someone does not tell them. You post is chuck full of nuggets of gold, profound truth, wisdom and insight. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Betty. It is hard to know how to pray sometimes. I am like you, my heart is stirred thinking of the many lost souls who don't even know about Jesus or His love for them. I cannot begin to tell you what your sweet visit has meant to me or how much I appreciate your kind encouragement. May God bless you as you labor for Him on the front lines in this war. Sending you much love and gratitude.

      Delete
  12. What an incredible post dear Cheryl! Your ominous dream was certainly from the Lord with a clear warning of things that are about to transpire. While we may not know the details ahead, the Lord certainly does, and like others have mentioned, He is preparing us for a time that is coming that is going to be fearful, but yet, if we find our foundation (as you did) and HOLD ON He will give us the strength we need to do what needs to be done! A very stirring dream, that in my mind, is exciting, because it shows that the Lord has called you to do a great work in the midst of terrible circumstances, but with HIS STRENGTH it can and will be done! Indeed, now is a time as never before to fall on our face before the Lord, and seek His Strength and HIS wisdom, and pray like never before. I do believe the Lord is equipping those who are listening to His battle cry (as you mentioned in an earlier post) and is calling us to be ready, for whatever it is. May the Lord continue to bless your dear heart as you minister so mightily in His kingdom, and the great work He has called you to! Much love dear friend, you are ALWAYS in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your dear heart! I am SO very thankful to God for your precious friendship, prayers, support, and encouragement. You will never know how much it...and you...mean to me. God is a faithful God Who absolutely places those in our lives who will hold up our arms in the battle. It is not time to become weary in well doing, yet, there is this temptation to do just that...and to throw in the towel and quit. God help us to endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. He is surely coming soon, and we need to be up and doing as never before. I love and appreciate you so very much, and you are surely in my prayers, too, my dear friend,

      Delete
  13. Great post Cheryl! Whether it's dreams, deeper insight into His word, or a feeling of urgency, God is stirring the hearts of believers. It is a time to battle! I just wrote a post, When The Loctus Come http://somuchathome.blogspot.com/2015/09/when-locust-come.html
    The book of Joel is a book for NOW! In just 3 books, we see destruction, repentance, and the coming of the Lord. Knowledge is increasing in more ways than one. God is given His people deeper understanding. Prophecy is jumping out of His Word! We see it unfolding on the news each day. We all need to sound the battle cry!
    Love you!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, love reading in the book of Joel, Chris. My favorite verse in there is the one where God promises to restore the years the locusts have eaten. (Joel 2:25) Oh, that has been a true comfort to my heart!! I will try to come to your place and read your post as soon as I can. YES, the battle cry is going forth, and God needs those who will sound it to all who will listen. May He find us faithful to Him in these final days. Love you, dear friend. :)

      Delete
  14. O my Yes this country is going down so so fast. Great post my friend with some Godly on time insite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend. Yes, dear Lord, help us all. We need to spend much time in prayer and in seeking God's face for revival and restoration. It looks bleak, but we serve an awesome God! Sending you much love, and thank you so much for stopping by and for your encouragement. :)

      Delete
  15. Chilling dream, but you have put it to a fine purpose in sharing it and then making application. We must persevere in righteousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michel, we surely must persevere. That is a wonderful way of wording the task at hand. I am so very grateful for your sweet comments and visit today! God bless you abundantly, my friend. :)

      Delete
  16. Going to Jesus and keeping our courage is vital. We already know we've won the war so we can hold on to that when times are growing darker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, praise God, we have read the back of the book, and because JESUS overcame, we can, too, by His blood and by our testimony! Thanks for stopping by, Anastasia! :)

      Delete
  17. Keep sounding the cry for change and for holiness to defeat evil. Your dream could mean many things. The downward spiral of our world was a good conclusion. The simple meaning would be to take authority over any accident involving you or Shawn. Some dreams are warnings to pray to prevent danger ahead. Thank you for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Hazel. Your dear encouragement and comments are treasures to me. Sending you much love and many hugs across the miles. :) God bless you!

      Delete