Friday, December 25, 2015

2nd UPDATE on Brody, & A Brand-New Prayer Request

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1
(KJV)

Refuge.
Strength.
God is.

What would we do without His presence in our lives?
How do those who are unbelievers find hope?
To whom do they turn in times of grief, despair, and trouble?

So often, I think of theses words spoken by Abraham Lincoln,
“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”

There are just times, in this life, that we come to the utter end of our own resources.
We reach the exhaustion of our own remedies.
There are times that the situation in front of us demands a power much higher than our own.

How blessed we are, that in times like these, we have a Savior!
A Redeemer...One Who walked this path before us,
and Who "was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."  Hebrews 4:15

I come to you tonight with another update and call for prayer for little Brody,
and also a new prayer request for the father of a dear, fellow-Christian blogger...
one whom you may already know and love.

First of all, I just got an email update from Brody's grandmother,
and this is what she said.
"Brody had a rough day, probably due from surgery, and the ventilator seems to be bothering him. The doctors are hopeful that they can take him off the ventilator tomorrow morning,
 if his chest X-ray shows more improvement. 
That would be a blessing, and that is what we need prayers for."


Please continue to pray, dear friends!
Pray for good X-ray results.
Pray for peace for his dear family and his grandmother, Debbie.
And pray for the MIRACLE that Brody needs to live a long life 
and to proclaim what God has done for him.

Let's keep lifting this dear baby and his family to our Father often in prayer.
I have no doubt that He is able to do this, to confound medical science, and to astonish us all!

 To read previous posts on Brody, click the following links:

*****************************************
And, now I ask you to add another name to your fervent, effectual prayers.
Glenn Stevens, Sr., the father of Chris Thompson, the writer of "So Much At Home",
is in very serious need of prayer.


I will let Chris describe her father's condition, in her own words.

"A couple of years ago, he needed bypass surgery, but was not physically able to have it.  
Instead, a brilliant doctor from Emory did high-risk stenting.  
For a few years now, he has had only 30% kidney function from one working kidney.  
He has neuropathy and several other illnesses.   
He had tests done a week ago to check the condition of his kidneys and an Aortic Aneurysm.
  At our Christmas Eve party tonight, I found out that one of his kidneys is calcified and the other has several cysts, so his kidney function is getting worse.  
Our main concern is the Aortic Aneurysm. 
The results are a little confusing, but hopefully Monday morning we will know more.  
It seems that his aneurysm has gotten larger and has a rip in it.  
Of course, the rip isn't complete or else he would not still be here."

My heart goes out to Chris so much during this time, because I have already walked a similar path.
I know how it feels to tread through the many and varied serious health issues of both of my own dear parents, and I know how overwhelming, terrifying, and difficult it all can be.
I'm sure many of you do, too.

Will you please lift dear Chris and her father, Glenn, to our dear Lord in prayer?
She is responsible for taking him to and from his appointment on Monday,
so I ask that you also pray for peace and traveling mercies and strength for Chris,
and also for her mother, who has health issues of her own.

It has been completely amazing to watch how this blogging community comes together
when there is a need.
You all are some of the kindest, most full-of-compassion, caring, and unselfish people I know.
Someday, I would love to try to write a whole post just endeavoring to find the words to tell you how much each one of you have come to mean to me.
Although, I don't know if such words exist.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for helping to carry the burdens of others.
"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:2

***************************************
One more thing, in closing...
make sure you stop by our new "free thrift store"!
Several items have already found new homes, but there are several still up for grabs.
Lord willing, we will be adding more items one day next week, if not before!
So, check back often!
We would love to bless you!!

18 comments:

  1. I've prayed for both this morning. Hugs! Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for your faithfulness, sweet friend. Have a blessed day in Him!! :)

      Delete
  2. Praying for Chris, Glenn and, of course, little Brody. Tank you for the updates Cheryl.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Besty! You are such a dear blessing to me! :)

      Delete
  3. Praying for Chris, Glenn, and Brody along with his family. Tough time of year to face these kinds of difficulties. Thanks for spreading the word, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing...how hard it must have been to be going through these things at all, let alone at Christmastime. God bless you, Floyd, for your consistent, faithful life for Him! Happy New Year to you and your family! :)

      Delete
  4. Cheryl, I thank you so much for being so loving. I appreciate all the prayers, and I will be praying for little Brody as well. I have not been able to blog for a couple of months with all that's been going on, especially our move. I have missed it so much, but I am so glad to know a strong and loyal blogger, you! Thanks for being there for me and for so many others. You inspire me to be a better woman of God. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... Chris! Your words are a constant source of encouragement and blessing to me! Love and appreciate you so much, and I hope your dear Dad gets great news today! Please keep me posted, and we will continue to pray. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your special encouragement for me this morning. I had already spent some time in prayer this morning, and reading your words next to Lincoln's was a blessing. I will be in prayer for Brody and Chris' father. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet you are, Amanda! Your words have blessed and encouraged me more than I could ever say. God bless you with a wonderful New Year, and please come back anytime. :)

      Delete
  6. I will certainly be in prayer for both precious families Cheryl! It is so sweet of you to post these prayer requests for the needs in these families, and I will certainly be praying and believing for the Great Physician's touch in each of these situations! God indeed is a present refuge and help in time of trouble! May the Lord continue to bless you my dear friend, in all you do for His kingdom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend, and may He abundantly bless you, too!! I so appreciate your prayers and encouragement. :) You are a true gift to me.

      Delete
  7. May the angels surround this sweet baby and complete the healing. And this dear saint of God, may Jesus Himself lay his hand on this aging body and bring him peace. Thank you for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, and amen, Hazel! Thank you ever so much for praying for these needs! Happy New Year to you, dear friend. :)

      Delete
  8. You are so faithful to bring these requests to our attention. There is great power in the Body of Christ on their knees. And this is where we exert the most victorious power...

    May our Great Physician lay His hands of healing on both of these dear people.

    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. I know your prayers touch His throne, and I so appreciate your willingness to pray. God bless you and yours with a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. I pray God will perform miracles for Precious Brody and Criss. He is a miracle worker, that is for sure. Gods will be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, amen, and amen! God bless you, Donna, and Happy New Year!

      Delete