Monday, December 28, 2015

3rd Update on Brody

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 
 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."
I Corinthians 1:3-4
(KJV)

I wish I had better news to report on little 4 month old Brody.
I was so sad to get these two updates today.



Update #1:
"Brody is having a tough time, and he is still on a ventilator for breathing support and is still in ICU. The doctors want to move him to bipap support, but he has a virus and pneumonia, so they can't take him off the ventilator until what they call "that window" opens up. They are again hoping for later today or Tuesday for that to happen, but we have been told that for a few days now. It's a huge deal, and they do not want him to breathe air, just move from one machine to another. They do not want him to be removed from the ventilator then possibly have to be put back on it because it can cause all kinds of serious complications."

Update #2 later in day:
"Brody's group of doctors have decided to keep him on the ventilator for another day. 
Another 24 hours before we will know if they can expedite him. 
He is suffering so much with this tube down his throat. 
The virus he has, parainfluenza, is known to cause atelectasis,
 and it is just moving around from side to side. 
One day it's clear on the right and the next day it's full of mucus, etc etc. 
 We just want him off this ventilator, but they can't rush it and chance him not being able to stay off it."


OH, his dear, little face!
The picture above made me cry.
His little eyes just look like they are pleading for help!

I remember when Dad had to be put on the ventilator and how awful it was for him.
He told us he never wanted to be put back on it, and then, in later years,
it was necessary for him to have to go through that horrible ordeal again.
My dear mother had to endure the same.
If it is that horrible for an adult, can you even imagine how awful it is must be for this 4 month old baby?

He is so beautiful and precious!

Oh, dear Lord, please have special mercy and compassion upon this dear child!
Please relieve his suffering and allow him to breathe on his own.
Praise Jesus for nurses...those wonderful, precious souls who selflessly give of themselves 
and tirelessly pour into the lives of others.
This is one of Brody's nurses.


God bless her!
It looks like she got him to smile.
Bless his little heart!
It is just heart-wrenching to think that in spite of his plight,
the little fellow can muster a smile.

What an inspiration Brody is to us all!

Sometimes, our problems seem so huge to us, and we falter beneath our load.
Smiles are hard to produce when our hearts are broken.
Brody's tiny grin just warms my heart and presents a challenge to us all!
If he can smile, can't we?

As you pray hard for Brody while reading this, I ask you to please add Brody's grandmother, Debbie, to your prayers, also.
Her load is very heavy.
How I wish it were humanly possible to alleviate her pain!
But, praise God, even though none of us can adequately do that for her,
we know Who can!

I love the precious verses at the beginning of this post.
The God of all comfort!
Aren't you glad it says "all" comfort?
The God Who can comfort us in "all" circumstances?
Regardless what we are facing today, He is sufficient.
He is enough.
He can cover it all.

Jesus suffered more than any of us will ever comprehend,
and because of those anguished, agonizing experiences, 
He is able to empathize with us in ways and more fully than anyone else will ever be able to.
I can't imagine how His great, loving heart is breaking for this baby!

Please keep praying.

Your faithfulness is so appreciated!
God bless each one of you abundantly.

To read previous posts on Brody, click the following links:

28 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Cheryl I am praying for dear little Brody. Those eyes just touch my soul. Thank you for the updates. And what a precious nurse he has. You wonder sometimes how they can do such a job , Knowing that sometimes the little ones in their care don't make it. I don't think emotionally I could do it. It takes a special kind of person with a big heart.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Besty! I know what you mean! His little eyes just seem to be pleading for us to get under the burden and pray!! I know I could never be a nurse...it used to be my dream to be one, but after working in the medical field, I found that I cannot bear to see so much suffering. I could never seem to "detach" myself, as told to do. My heart just aches for others, so my "nursing career" dream was short-lived. Thank you for your sweet, empathetic heart and for your faithful prayers. Happy New Year to you and yours, sweet friend!

      Delete
  2. Once my son had a virus and we almost lost him... I can imagine what pain Brody and his family are having to bear.
    But I do know that Christ bore our pains and sorrows in exchange for His peace and health... His blood makes that available for Brody. Thank you Jesus.
    God bless you for sharing Cheryl, have a lovely week and Happy New Year in advance!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, Ugochi! How scary for you and your family! I think all of our mother hearts just ache to see what this dear family is going through right now. Thank you for stopping by, my friend, and may God bless you and your family with a Happy New Year, too!!

      Delete
  3. Im praying for your baby, God will have mercy on him. Holy Spirit touch his little body and bring peace and healing to this family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Ashley, for your prayers for little Brody, for your visit here, and for your kind words. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! Prayer is what they surely need. Happy New Year, and thank you for your sweet visit. :)

      Delete
  5. My heart is so very heavy. I cannot even comprehend what that precious little one is going through or the deep heartache his family is enduring.

    Thank you for reminding us that Jesus understands profound pain as He endured the worst yet for the joy set before Him He is now seated at the right hand of the Father.

    May they all feel joy despite their deepest pain and may God have mercy on the situation and bring about a miracle above and beyond what they hoped or expected.

    Oh Lord Jesus please heal precious Brody, ease His suffering, allow Him to feel your comfort and presence.

    Cheryl thank you for sharing these updates and rallying prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, and amen, sweet friend! I agree with your precious prayer and thoughts...thank you ever so much for stopping by and for praying and sharing your heart. Your visits area always such an encouragement to me. God bless you and yours with a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear brother. God bless you and yours with a wonderfully Happy New Year!! Looking forward to seeing how God uses you in 2016!

      Delete
  7. Cheryl, I can't really respond. Babies and illness, pain, suffering. It just comes too close to my heart. I hate the ravages that sin has left in this world.

    I will pray for this precious boy, and for his family. I know that God can work a miracle, and that's what I ask Him for...

    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear friend, I hear you...and I share your heart. God bless you for caring so deeply and for praying so faithfully. Sending you much love and many hugs!

      Delete
  8. Oh, Cheryl, thank you for the update on this precious little Brody! Praying for him to recover and to grow into a wonderful little boy and man of God someday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Amen, dear Cheryl! I echo your prayers and trust God to answer them. Sending you many hugs, much love, and wishes for a happy, much healthier for you, New Year! I trust you are feeling better. Praying for you!

      Delete
  9. Praying for Brody and his family.

    Thank you Cheryl for your kind words about my books on my Blog. Please tell others about them. Thank you. Full list, including the FREE ones, here: http://www.holyvisions.co.uk/visionsbookv4.htm

    Best wishes to you and yours for a Splendid New Year. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor, for being so faithful and willing to share your heart...both on your blog, through your amazing stories, and your appreciated comments here. God bless you and yours with the happiest, healthiest of new years!

      Delete
  10. Oh, that precious face. Praying for Brody and His grandmom, Debbie. Heartbreaking but we know the miracle worker.

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise God, we do know Him, sweet Mary! Thank you for your big, loving heart and for your willingness to pray. You are a special blessing to me and to so many others! Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!

      Delete
  11. Praying for complete healing for this beautiful baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying, Tiffany! Happy New Year to you and yours, and God bless you! :)

      Delete
  12. Cheryl, Thank you for sharing updates with us at Sitting Among Friends. Praying for this little doll. Much Love to his family and to your caring heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for your faithful prayers, Jaime! God bless you abundantly for your caring heart. :)

      Delete
  13. I will be praying for Brody and his family. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to do so. Can't imagine the suffering for Brody and all who love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anna! I can't imagine it either and just trust the dear Lord to see them through this trial. So thankful to know Brody is now off the ventilator and has been moved out of ICU! Thank you for your sweet visit and prayers.

      Delete
  14. I haven't been doing much blog reading, Cheryl, but after seeing these posts on Brody,I will pray for him and his family. How precious he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jo! Your prayers are so appreciated. :)

      Delete