Tuesday, December 22, 2015

URGENT Prayers Needed for 4 Month Old, Brody!!!

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; 
but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, 
that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:15,16
(KJV, emphasis added)

Jesus knows and understands every, single emotion we will ever face in this life.
His dear heart overflows with compassion, as He ever remembers how it feels to walk this earth
as a human, with its many heartaches, toils, and cares.

He empathizes with us more than anyone else ever will,
for He suffered more human anguish and brokenness than any of us can even imagine.

He is our High Priest, now seated beside the throne of His Father in Heaven,
and His great, compassionate heart is deeply moved and touched with the feeling of our infirmities.
He watches from on high, and He sees every tear that falls.
He hurts each time we are wounded.
And He intercedes to His/our Father, continually on our behalf.

"It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, Who is even at the right hand of God, 
Who also maketh intercession for us."
Romans 8:34

He, Himself intercedes, and He invites us to come to Him...
not sheepishly or fearfully, but boldly
in full assurance that He is listening to our prayers, and He cares more than we will ever comprehend.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: 
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

Dear, praying friends,
I come before you today with an urgent prayer request for a precious four month old
baby boy, named Brody.


What a little dollbaby!

This precious little boy has been diagnosed with
SMA Type 1, spinal muscular atrophy, and is not expected to live past 15 months or so.
Brody is having a very serious operation tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday, 12/23,
so the family would truly appreciate your prayers during this time.
The hospital is reserving a room in ICU, just in case there are complications.

I am typing this through flowing tears, just thinking about this sweet, innocent baby,
and the awful fear that must be overwhelming the hearts of his parents, grand-parents,
and loved ones.


All of us have seen what God can and will do when we come together, as the unified Body of Christ,
bombarding Heaven with intercessory prayer.
Jesus prayed that we all might be one, and when we pray in one accord,
miracles take place.

This sweet baby needs a miracle, and he needs prayer warriors to pray him through.

As I type this, dear Zach came in to the room to pick up his prayer list book, 
so he could go have his time with the Lord and pray.
I told him I had another name to add to his list, and as he picked up a pen to add little Brody's name,
he said, "Mama, that baby is going to live!"

This boy's faith is such an inspiration to me, 
as I often think of the amazing miracle God performed to send him to us, 
and how He opened my barren womb for one moment in time to allow him to be conceived.
A God Who can do that, after my diagnosis and 12 1/2 years of marriage and many years of infertility struggles, can do anything, my friends!
Anything.
Zach is a miracle in every sense of the word.
His own miracle story has given him a foundation of faith that challenges me every, single day,
and now that same faith inspires him to pray for others who also need miracles.

As he prays, and we pray, will you please join our prayers?
Please pray for Brody's healing and for peace for his family during this trying time.
In spite of medical diagnoses, God still reigns.
He is still sovereign.
He is still in control.
Jesus Christ still heals.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

In closing, I would like to repeat a testimony I have shared here before involving my dear mother.

When Mom was nine years old, she was stricken with polio and rheumatic fever, simultaneously.
Her situation looked very grim, and my Papaw, who was an old-time minister of the Gospel and one of the most faithful, Godly men I have ever known,
was, understandably, very alarmed and concerned.

Papaw believed in Divine healing, and his faith was nothing short of amazing.
He called for two other old-time ministers to come and anoint Mom with oil
and lay hands on her and pray, as instructed in James 5:14,15.

Right before the two ministers began praying, they said to Papaw, 
"Bro. McCoy, don't look at the affliction.
Look to the power of God!"

They prayed, and God answered.
The very next morning, Papaw awoke to the sounds of my nine year old mother,
out of bed, sitting in a rocking chair downstairs, singing!
He said it was the sweetest music he had ever heard.

That was many years ago, and Mom lived to the ripe, old age of 84.
Both Papaw and Mom now wait for me in Glory.
Their race is run, their crown is won.
But, the faith they instilled and poured into me all those years still remains,
and God is still God!

I have seen what He can do....first hand, many times over.
And I believe with all my heart, He is able to heal Brody
and to present him a living, breathing testimony of His power.


Let us pray and believe together for the Christmas miracle this dear baby needs.
Please share this prayer request tonight and tomorrow with every prayer warrior you know!

Thank you for reading, and thank you for your faithfulness to pray.
Each one of you are so precious and dear to my heart!

28 comments:

  1. I most certainly am praying for Baby Brody and believing with you prayer warriors for God's divine healing. I received your Christmas card and book today and was so touched by your words. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for praying, dear friend, and I am so grateful you got the book and card today. :) You are very precious to me, and I trust you will have a very Merry Christmas!!!

      Delete
  2. Cheryl, I will definitely join you in praying for baby Brody. I am lifting him before THE LORD as we speak, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear, sweet Tai, for your fervency in spirit and for being such a powerful, faithful prayer warrior! Your labors are not in vain, my friend. You are such a blessing to me. :) Sending you much love and gratitude!

      Delete
  3. Praying for Brody. May God lift him up and make him strong for His service. Love the generational gifts that have been passed down to you and your son. It just doesn't get any better than that in this life. What a blessing for you to be able to see it and live it. Merry Christmas, Cheryl. May God bless you and yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise God for the Godly heritage He has given. I feel so unworthy of that, but ever so grateful. Merry Christmas to you, too, Floyd. Thank you for your faithful support and encouragement on this blogging journey and for sharing your talents with us. Your presence here is a gift.

      Delete
  4. Cheryl, I just pleaded with the Lord for Brody's surgery tomorrow and for ultimate, miraculous healing. Indeed, our Great God is still in the business of miracles. I have also prayed for the family that they would feel the Lord's presence and profound peace.

    Thank you for sharing your own testimonies of how God has worked miracles in bringing forth the life of your son and for healing your mother.

    Thank you so much for your tender heart, calling all prayer warriors to storm the gates of Heaven in prayer for the healing of precious baby Brody who is most precious in God's sight.

    Blessings dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Karen! Thank you ever so much for praying and lifting this precious baby to the Father! Surely He is still in the business of miracles! What a blessed consolation and thought! Your precious words just touched me so deeply, and I can't thank you enough for the consistent encouragement you are to me. Sending you much love and hopes for a Merry Christmas! Enjoy that grandbaby!! :)

      Delete
  5. This is so sad. I started praying as soon as I read it. Miracles happen every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was so good to see that you had stopped by, my friend. Your visits are always a blessing! Thank you for praying for dear, little Brody. Surely our unified prayers are rising as a sweet incense before the Father. Sending you much love and wishes for a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Praying for Brody and his family. Also praying for you and yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Victor! It means so much to know you are praying for Brody...and it touches me deep inside to know that you are praying for us. Oh, that truly means SO much to me! God bless you for your faithfulness to Him.

      Delete
  7. Praying with you for sweet baby Brody. I believe that God can heal him with his hand. Thank you for letting us know if this dear babies needs.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear Besty! I believe He can heal Him, too. There is nothing too hard for our God, and we can't ask too much of Him! Thank you for sharing in this burden and for the dear blessing you are to me and to so many others! Merry Christmas, dear friend! :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! Merry Christmas to you and your family!! :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! Merry Christmas to you and your family!! :)

      Delete
  10. I'm praying with all my hert for him, poor little ... let's hope in the Lord's blessing !
    xox
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear Dany! Christ is our only hope, and how blessed we are that He came to us that first Christmas so long ago! I hope your Christmas is very blessed...sending you much love and many hugs across the miles!! :)

      Delete
  11. Debbie is a co worker and Brody's grandma please keep her and the family in your prayer's .
    She has been such a strong foundation for her daughter and for her grandson. God is truly in her heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are surely lifting Debbie to the Father. She is a precious person, and I know God will see her through this difficult time. Thank you for commenting, and God bless you with a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  12. Truly continuing to believe in a mighty miracle from the Lord for this precious baby!!!! I believe the Lord is able to do far above what we ask and seek, and believe this for this precious little boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, dear friend! Amen, and amen! Thank you ever so much for your faithfulness and prayers! I appreciate you. :)

      Delete
  13. Reading this a few days late but praying for baby Brody's family. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us and inviting us into this story and opportunity to pray for this family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaime, for stopping by here and for praying for Brody and his family. We appreciate it so much! Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

      Delete
  14. I don't have words, just tears, but I will pray...

    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend! You are one of the most faithful, compassionate prayer warriors I know. I know Heaven is moved when you pray...so thank you. :)

      Delete