Sunday, May 8, 2016

On This Mothers Day

"But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion on them, 
because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd."
Mark 9:36
(KJV)

Happy Mothers Day!!!!!

To blissfully happy mothers, whose current season of life is free from grief,
to every sweet Mama of little ones, weary and dog-tired from the daily toil,
to every precious,hurting woman with an infertile womb, sad eyes, and empty arms,
to single girls still waiting to meet husbands who will father future babies,
to crying Mothers who miss nurturing the little ones who used to occupy now-empty nests,
to grieving daughters whose mothers have left this world to be with Jesus,
to mourning mothers whose sons and daughters were taken from them far too soon,
to the mother of the man sitting on death row,
to the mom who waits day after day for news from her soldier stationed far away,
to the grandmother who sits alone by her window, wishing with all her heart that a loved one would drop by,
to every woman everywhere.

You are special.
You are so loved.
There is no one anywhere who could ever fill your shoes.
And whether or not you realize it, you are precious.

On this mothers day, my heart goes out to all who grieve...
to my niece's mother, Pat, and her step-mother, Dorothy,
and all other moms who mourn, who won't get a Mothers Day card this year.

The killer of my precious niece is still on the loose.
(Read previous posts here and here.)
I would so appreciate your continued prayers that this man will soon be apprehended
and that he will not harm anyone else.
Pray that God will somehow heal my family from the deep wounds of this horrific nightmare. 

I wanted to share the words to a song that has brought great comfort to me.
I hope it will minister to you, too.

To Know That He Knows
Written by Charles W. Naylor & Barney E. Warren

When my soul is oppressed with the sorrows of life,
And the thought of the morrow alarms;
With my care-laden heart, then, I flee from the strife,
And I weep out my woes in His arms.

Chorus

Just to know that He knows, that my Lord understands,
And His look of compassion to see;
Soothes the pain in my heart, is a balm for my wounds,
Bringing comfort and peace unto me.

If my best efforts fail, though my friends may reprove,
When I sigh for their solace and prayers,
It will work for my good, if my Savior I love—
He assures me He knows and He cares.

Though in trial I suffer, He keeps me content,
Sees before me the dangers prepared;
And in mercy His wisdom the flames may have sent,
That my soul greater woe might be spared.

Yes, my failures He knows, and my sighs, and my tears,
And the depth of my bitterest woes;
By the deep consolation He brings for my fears,
I am sure that my dear Savior knows.

Whatever you are going through today, let me remind you that Jesus knows.
He absolutely sees it all.
Nothing escapes His watchful eye.
His great heart is "moved with compassion" for your needs.
He loves you, oh so much!
He knows how you feel, dear friend.

Sometimes, just knowing Jesus knows...
is the healing balm we all need.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers' Day, Cheryl. Hope you had and will always have a splendid time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor. God blessed us with a very nice day...He is so faithful! May He bless you abundantly, too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cheryl! Happy Mother's day to you, I hope you were given many experiences to show you how much you are loved and cherished. I really liked your post today, because not everyone has the same experience on Mother's Day. I found myself missing my mom very much...she's been gone five years now. I know she is with me in a more powerful way now, but sometimes I still miss her so much.
    God's blessings to you,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Ceil! Thank you so much, and I am SO sorry for your loss of your precious Mom. She must have passed away one year before my dear Mom. I know what you mean...we never stop missing them, do we, dear friend? God bless you and comfort your dear heart in each moment of grief. Thank you ever so much for your sweet visit.

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Lately I have noticed more and more people who don't have moms or moms who lost their babies. There is so many ways to celebrate with so many backgrounds. Very pretty poem. Hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much heartache and pain in this world, and surely Heaven will be worth it all when we get there. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you, too, sweet friend. God bless you abundantly!

      Delete
  4. With what you're living during these days of pain, my adored Cheryl, I'm sure your Mother's Day was not so happy as you deserve, and I'm so sad for this ... you deserve all the best, you're a blessing for everyone who knows you, and first of all for me, Dearest One !

    May the sun of Love and Joy always shine for you

    xox ~ Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Dany! Your words are so precious and comforting to me! Thank you ever so much, and may God bless you richly for the sweet blessing you are to me, dear friend. Sending you much love and gratitude!

      Delete
  5. Dearest Cheryl,
    Happy belated Mother's day...and thank you again for your words of comfort...such a blessing for me. So saddened to hear about your niece...I will be praying for you and your family...your heart must be so heavy right now, dear one...

    With love and prayers,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Laura! Thank you ever so much for your precious visit and words. I know your heart is so heavy with your recent loss...oh, I do think of you, dear friend, and trust God to comfort you as only He can. Sending you much love and many prayers and so much gratitude for your dear support and encouragement.

      Delete
  6. Sorry I'm late... duty calls. Beautiful post, and a happy late Mothers Day to you, sister. Praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is okay, brother...your visits are always such a blessing and encouragement. I cannot thank you enough for your faithful prayers and support. God bless you abundantly.

      Delete
  7. Dear sweet Cheryl, What a beautiful, heartfelt prayer filled with words of comfort for all mothers. O what a blessing you are to every life you reach.

    Continuing to pray for your sweet family in the aftermath of such sorrow.

    I LOVED the words of that song. O what encouragement they bring. Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings to you sweet friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear, precious friend....I am SO grateful for your sweet presence in my life. I have been trying to get over to your blog to visit...will do so soon, Lord willing. Sending you so much love and gratitude.

      Delete