Thursday, June 9, 2016

Our Precious Time With Shorty Bear

"I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers..."
Philemon 1:4
(KJV)

Surely God looked down upon us with smiles tonight.
Only HE could have orchestrated such an amazing evening.
Let me explain.

I can't remember when I first met my precious blogging friend, Shorty Bear, aka "Coco's Momma".
I can't tell you how our paths originally crossed.
What I can tell you is that this dear friend has blessed me more times than I can remember.
Through our email communication, the times she has stopped here and left encouragement and kind words, and my visits to her blog, she has picked up my spirits countless times.
 I just really have no words to express how much I love and appreciate her.

You may remember me mentioning her in this post
when she was announced the winner of the spring giveaway.

Through a series of events, that looking back in retrospect reveal God's perfect orchestration,
my family and I ended up spending a bit of time in Chattanooga, TN.
God always has a plan.
I am convinced that He always has a purpose for placing us where we are.
As I was praying early the other morning, seeking His face for direction, asking Him what He wanted us to do while here, the dear Lord so clearly reminded me,
"Denise lives in Chattanooga."

My mind went back to mailing her prize package to Chattanooga,
and I also remembered her mentioning it on her blog.

As the Lord reminded me, I could hardly believe it!
I immediately got on my laptop and emailed my dear friend to ask her if there was any way we could meet up during our time here.
I knew she was going through some very hard health issues, and I wasn't sure if she would be physically able to make this happen, but I had to ask and see.

Sure enough, bless her dear heart, she emailed back and so graciously agreed to meet!

Tonight, we met at Cracker Barrel, where we ate together and shared the sweetest visit.
I could not hold back the tears as her husband, Eddie, pushed her wheelchair towards the spot where Zach and I sat waiting for them on the porch.
My heart overflowed with emotion and gratitude to finally meet my sweet encourager face to face.

As we visited tonight, I reached an even deeper love and compassion for her
and a stronger appreciation for all she has endured and had to go through.
The love of Jesus shines so brightly and sweetly through her every word and deed,
and it just meant the world to me to get to know her better.
Her testimony and story is beyond amazing, and as she talked, it was so evident to Zach and me that the power of God has been upon her since even before the moment of her birth.

 Sweet Shorty Bear and the love of her life, Eddie

Many of you already know and dearly love Shorty Bear.
If you have never met her or enjoyed her blog,
I encourage you to stop by and visit her here, and while you are there,
be sure to leave a kind comment of encouragement for her.

Her health battles are so severe, and she is now facing uncertainty concerning a toe that will not properly heal.
Dear friends, PLEASE pray for God to lay His healing hand upon her body,
to restore her health, and to grant her and Eddie many more years together.
We all know that there is nothing impossible with our God,
and Jesus Christ is the same today as He was when He walked the earth.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

As we unite our prayers for Shorty Bear, surely the heart of our God will be moved with compassion.

Jesus said, 
"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."
Matthew 18:19

His brother, James, wrote this, 
"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
James 5:16

As you pray for dear Shorty Bear, may I ask you to add one other person to your prayer lists?

God allowed us to be blessed with the sweetest waitress tonight,
and we shared with her about how we were meeting for the first time,
told her about our blogs, and how God had brought about our visit, etc. 
As we were getting ready to leave, she asked that we pray for her 7 year old daughter, 
Kayleigh, who recently suffered a seizure and whose EEG showed abnormal results.
She is to have an MRI tomorrow.
Please pray for good results and healing for little Kayleigh and for peace for her sweet mother.
Surely God can do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or even think.
(Ephesians 3:20)


Thank You, dear Father, for my precious friend, Shorty Bear,
for ordering our steps,
and for bringing us together tonight for the gift of this precious visit!

Dear friends, be on the lookout for Shorty Bear's amazing story to be featured here in an upcoming 
 post!
You will not want to miss reading how God's hand has rested and continues to rest upon her life.

28 comments:

  1. Praying as requested. Also for you and yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Victor! Your faithful support and prayers are so appreciated. God bless you abundantly!

      Delete
  2. I love you so very much, and sweet Zach. thanks for your kind words, you truly bless my heart sis. please take care. praying for you, and for dear Kayleigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear friend! We love you so very much, too. Our time with you will forever remain in our hearts as something very, very precious. I trust God will heal you and bless you in such a big way. Love you dearly, and thank you ever so much for your faithful prayers for us.

      Delete
  3. She is such a sweet blogger. I will add her and the little girl to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Dayle. So very grateful to you for your sweet visit and prayers. They mean so much!

      Delete
  4. Denise is such a beautiful and encouraging person. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She surely is! Such a blessing to us all. Thank you for stopping and visiting, dear Bernadine. God bless you.

      Delete
  5. How sweet that you two were able to meet in person. Agreeing with you in prayer for those two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely was a precious time. Thank you for your sweet words, dear friend, and your prayers are so appreciated. Sending you lots of love.

      Delete
  6. I love you so much, Cheryl, and how you obey God and lift up those you come in contact with. I am in agreement with that prayer request for Kayleigh; she is on my list now too.
    I can't imagine what a thrill it must have been to enjoy dinner with Eddie & Denise. I'm thinking your table must have been aglow with the light of Christ and that's why the waitress opened up to you. I'm wondering if Eddie has a sense of humor? He looks like a fun guy. And oh, my Denise. I can't thank God enough for her friendship, her encouragement when I needed a pick me up. I never take her off my prayer list and love her so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was such a thrill to meet them and enjoy dinner with them! I could hardly believe it was true! God is SO good to bless us in such wonderful ways! I know Denise is very special to you, too, as to so many others. I love you so much, too, dear Mary, and I trust God will bless you in many special ways!! Thank you ever so much for your kind words and sweet visit.

      Delete
  7. Praying for Shorty Bear and Kayleigh. Thanks for sharing other's lives with us. God uses you to make this big ole world a whole lot smaller... and kinder. Blessings to you and yours too, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you SO much, brother, for your kind words! They truly mean so much. God bless you and your family abundantly!

      Delete
  8. I do not know why I am crying Cheryl. Your one of the sweetest people I know in the blog world. I am so happy you got to meet your friend. I will pray for her right now as soon as I write this line. I will visit her blog too! :-) I am so honored to know you my sister in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Suzie! You are so kind and dear! Thank you ever so much for your precious, encouraging words and visit! I am so blessed to know you and share in this blogging journey with you. God bless you abundantly. Sending you big hugs!

      Delete
  9. Cheryl, I am always so spurred on by your obedience!! How you sought the Lord in prayer of how you and your family should spend your time in Tennessee, clear evidence that you live a life for the Lord, not for yourself, and to see how abundantly He blessed your seeking after Him to order your steps to meet with a dear and precious friend which then blesses all of us with the Goodness of God and the faithfulness of His servant, you dear friend.

    Blessings. You are often in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear friend, how I appreciate your encouragement and dear, kind words! I can't thank you enough, and to know you are praying for us just means the world to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! God is so faithful to show us what we !!to do...I just praise Him so much for the way He leads and guides our steps, when we seek His face. Sending you much love and many hugs

      Delete
  10. Yes, Shorty Bear is indeed a special person. I have been blessed to be her friend in Blog Land for a while now. I am so amazed by her testimony, as she is such a strong witness to the power of the Holy Spirit. Her faith soars, though her body is so beset by problems. She has been a constant encouragement in my life.

    I am so happy that you guys got to share this time together! I have only met one blogger in real life, but it was a special time. I wish that it could happen more. Maybe sometime I can make the trek to Arizona, where I know of several bloggers in that state. And maybe sometime a trip to the South??? :)

    Hearts across the miles, always united in Him.

    GOD BLESS!

    (And yes, prayers for Kayleigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wouldn't that be wonderful?? I would LOVE that! Can you imagine what all we would have to talk about? This was my second blogger friend to meet face to face. I first met Chris Thompson from So Much At Home. She is a precious person, too. God is so good to orchestrate our lives, isn't He? Sending you much love and many hugs, dear Sharon! Hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  11. Praying - and thanks for the update. I was concerned when she was no longer showing up in my facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit and prayers, my friend. God bless you abundantly!

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful happening to meet a dear blogger friend in person and enjoy a nice meal at the cracker barrel. Shorty Bear often leaves short but sweet comments on my blog, "A Joyful Noise." I love and appreciate her so much and am praying for her healing. Thank you for sharing this lovely story with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful you know Shorty Bear and how precious she is! God bless you, Hazel!

      Delete
  13. Cheryl: What a beautiful post and I'm SO glad to hear about Denise! She has been on my heart for a while now and she hasn't updated her blog or been on FB so I was very concerned about her. I'll definitely be praying for her. She is such a sweet encourager and has brightened my day so many times, I've lost count. I'm so glad you got to meet up with her as I know it was a blessing for both of you.

    Thank you, too, for linking up on my blog. So many have seen Denise commenting on my blog and I know they will be so glad for the update on her.

    Many blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...that is just wonderful, Julie! So thankful you know Shorty Bear. I think she blesses more of us than she even realizes. PLEASE do pray hard for her, as she is not doing well at all. She is so precious. Thank you for stopping by, sweet friend. I hope you are feeling well, too. :)

      Delete
  14. You are so very kind to love on our sweet Denise like you have. She has become such a precious blogging friend over the years. Always so willing to leave an encouraging word. As I read your post my heart dropped into my stomach out of fear something happened to her. I pray for her as God brings her to mind. And I'll join you and the others in prayer for her health and marriage. Praying God will grant her many more years with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is just wonderful, Alecia! Thank you ever so much for stopping by, reading, and for leaving such a lovely comment! God bless you abundantly!

      Delete