Thursday, September 15, 2016

Enter To Win A Copy of Tim Tebow's NEW Book!!

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
Romans 1:16
(KJV)

I was recently asked to be a part of the launch team for Tim Tebow's new, 
soon-to-be-released book, called, "Shaken".
I was honored and humbled by the invitation, and, Lord willing,
I will give my two-cents' worth and opinions of his book, after reading it.

But, today, I wanted to let you know that Tim is offering the chance for someone to win
an autographed, advance-release copy of his new book!
You can enter the contest to win by clicking here.


I have admired Tim's courage and stand for his faith in God 
ever since Kevin started telling me about the way Tim would kneel on the football field
while playing a game.
The whole world watched, as he unashamedly proclaimed his worship of the One Who deserves all of our praise and devotion.

I also remember how he used to paint Scripture verses on his eye black.
Scriptures like Ephesians 4:32,
"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you",
and
John 3:16,
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, 
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life",
and 
Philippians 4:13,
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me",
and
Ephesians 2:8-10,
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them",
and 
 Romans 1:16, 
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

After painting John 3:16 on his eye black in 2009,
"the verse was the highest-ranked Google search term over the next 24 hours, 
generating over 90 million searches."

When He painted Proverbs 3:5-6 on his eye black,
it generated 3.43 million searches!

That is pretty neat, if you ask me.

I loved hearing the story of how his missionary parents, Robert and Pamela,
decided against aborting him when a doctor recommended they end the pregnancy.
I first saw the story in this ad.



If video doesn't load, click here.

To see the whole story, watch the following video.



If video doesn't load, click here.

I look forward to reading Tim's book and commenting on it afterwards.
I hope you will take the opportunity to click here for your chance to win your own copy,
and that you are able to take a few moments to watch his video below.
I know you will be inspired!


If video doesn't load, click here.

We need more people who are willing to speak loudly and boldly about their faith in God.
God bless you, Tim!
You are an inspiration to us all!

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to the giveaway. I entered! Tebow has an inspiration story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Bethany! He surely does have an inspirational testimony. I got his book in the mail today, so am looking forward to reading it and posting a review here, Lord willing!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to be ignorant about this, Cheryl. What does "I also remember how he used to paint Scripture verses on his eye black." What is an eye black?

    I know that baseball players paint black under their eyes to reduce glare. But how do you write Scripture on that?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right...an eye black is what they paint under their eyes to reduce glare. Football players do it, too, and the way he wrote Scripture on it, is he would use white to write out the chapter and verse. I just tested this, and if you google "Tim Tebow Scripture verses" and click on images, you can see many images of his face with the eye black and Scripture passages on them. Here is one link I found...just copy and paste this into your browser...http://blackchristiannews.com/news/EPHESIANS-TIM-TEBOW-BIBLE-EYE-BLACK.jpg I hope this helps!! Thanks for your visit, Victor!

      Delete
    2. Brilliant. Thank you very much for your help.

      It's great when famous people and celebrities stand-up for their Christian beliefs. In the UK they are usually laughed at. A politician who says he is a Christian would find it a great disadvantage to his career over here.

      God bless.

      Delete
    3. Oh, it is a sad state that our world is in, my friend. We are very close to what you described right here in America. It breaks my heart.

      Delete
  3. What a testimony! I did not know that Tim Tebow had missionary parents, what a legacy that they have been able to leave with the world through their son and his desire to stand up and not be ashamed of the gospel! You always share the most inspiring stories and I am always so blessed to visit here, and to be encouraged about what the Lord is doing! Many hugs to you today dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful for your sweet visits here, dear friend. God bless you abundantly for your support and kind words!

      Delete
  4. I remember all of this so well- it really stood out in my mind how brave he was. He truly was the only bible some people ever read. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right...I am so grateful for Tim's stand for God. May he never change!

      Delete
  5. Oh, Cheryl, I LOVE the story of Tim Tebow! When I was volunteering at the Moody Radio station (for more than 13 years), one of our morning co-hosts interviewed Tim's mom, and it was so touching. Now my best friend from high school (who now lives near me here in Florida - and we grew up in New Jersey) knows Tim well. Her son-in-law is the Executive Director for Tim's foundation and travels all over the world with him. We continue to pray for Tim and how God continues to use Tim for His glory and purpose. I am so thrilled to see this new book, and I loved seeing the short video on FB a friend shared. He's the real deal, and may God continue to bless and encourage him. Thanks for sharing this, precious friend! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a neat story, Cheryl! Thank you so much for sharing. God bless you and keep you always in His care. :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this about Tim Tebow, here at tell me a Story. Yes He is an inspiration and the Real Deal. May God bless him and his new book. I did not know about the eye black and the scriptures. That was so wonderful that many would hit the site to view the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is truly wonderful and admirable how unashamed he is to share his faith in God. Such a positive, unashamed role model for our youth. May God always keep him on the right path and free from scandal, is my prayer.

      Delete
  7. This sounds like such an inspiring read. Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. I got my advance copy in the mail and can't wait to start reading it! Thank you for your sweet encouragement, Joanne. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing the link to the giveaway! Just entered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful! I am so happy to hear you entered. God bless you!

      Delete